eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   How do you manage everything? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/14802-how-do-you-manage-everything.html)

ILovePaypalNOT 11-17-2009 02:21 PM

How do you manage everything?

I wonder if anyone else sits in front of their computer 18 hours a day, trying to sort through stacks of papers and 50+ email accounts, faxes and packages and invoices... boxes of product stacked all over the house..overflowing to the garage... and still manage to have a "home life"

I Keep telling myself that my goal is to retire in 10 years so no matter how stressful it is now it will be worth it ...

Its getting tough to handle... I would like to hear from all of you about how you manage your business (s) , how do you stay organized? Do you list everyday or one day a week?

And to those of you who run half a million listings at once.. How do you do it? do you hire help?

I am trying to come up with a new plan here. I use dial up so it is difficult to get alot done in one day as far as the computer..

shoot2kill 11-17-2009 03:06 PM

Not everyone will tell you their secrets. But I use to mange my ebay accounts will a spreadsheet on the computer. Then I got lazy and stopped! And for you to be at your computer for 18 hours a day that is insane. Wish I could be like you, but I get bored easily!

BTW you should see my room its a disaster from ebay and amazon.

ILovePaypalNOT 11-17-2009 03:19 PM

well im not really looking for secrets... I wouldnt give most of mine up either... Just looking for suggestions as far as time managment and organization stuff.

When your kids start fussing at you to pick up your mess then its BAD lol But I try to keep it all contained to one area and as neat as possible lol

well.. it does get boring... but its always so busy... I cant ever get ahead though bc I have so much to catch up on...

oompaloompa 11-17-2009 04:30 PM

is it too sick to say I enjoy it? My day is flexible, i can go out for lunch or the gym, I do mornings mainly and leave the after noon free, and go back and forth about 4 hours at the weekend. Listing and taking pics is so slow though.
I too use one very messy spreadsheet, if anyone else saw it theyd think it was written in sanskrit, as only I know what the shorthand actually means. Ive got a rugrat and I think it is a great job for a woman, perfect in fact. If you ever need to vent Im here!

Lyda 11-17-2009 06:06 PM

I assume you use dial up to change your IPs between accounts, right? Well, it must take you forever than to list one thing on this slow kind of connection. Depending on how many listings you do, it may make sense for you to sign up for Auctiva and use your broadband when listing. You wouldn't have to worry about your IP when listing through Auctiva. Cost a small montly fee now, but you know how they say.. Time is money too.

jbluntz 11-17-2009 06:07 PM

I do this for a living but I keep it simple with just one good selling product that fits in a bubble wrap evelope.
It takes me less than an hour to stuff 100 bubble wrap envelopes and that's enough for me to live on for a month,
the listing is already made I just simply hit the relist button and I don't even sit at a desk I'm laying on my bed with my laptop as we speak,
I sleep with my laptop next to me so the only work I do is stuff envelopes while the labels are printing, slap em on and take a trip to the post office and I do that on my bed too with the tv on.
Which only takes a few minutes a day I have tha envelopes stuffed ahead of time.
It's so easy it's ridiculous@$%$#

tenggo 11-17-2009 06:15 PM

I sit on a beach in bali and email my friend in australia to send my items i store at his house, give him $10 per item to take to the post office, works for me ;)

ILovePaypalNOT 11-17-2009 08:40 PM

Thanks oompa

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 112241)
is it too sick to say I enjoy it? My day is flexible, i can go out for lunch or the gym, I do mornings mainly and leave the after noon free, and go back and forth about 4 hours at the weekend. Listing and taking pics is so slow though.
I too use one very messy spreadsheet, if anyone else saw it theyd think it was written in sanskrit, as only I know what the shorthand actually means. Ive got a rugrat and I think it is a great job for a woman, perfect in fact. If you ever need to vent Im here!

I totally agree that is is a perfect job for a mom.. If someone gets sick or there is a school function Im always able to get there etc , I am a single parent so it is hard anyway, but it would be even harder with a 9-5

I still to this day get the " why dont you get a real job?" from my family and that irks me to no end! I want to tell them I make more in one day than they do in a week lol But they just dont understand that.

ILovePaypalNOT 11-17-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyda (Post 112246)
I assume you use dial up to change your IPs between accounts, right? Well, it must take you forever than to list one thing on this slow kind of connection. Depending on how many listings you do, it may make sense for you to sign up for Auctiva and use your broadband when listing. You wouldn't have to worry about your IP when listing through Auctiva. Cost a small montly fee now, but you know how they say.. Time is money too.

Yep I use dial up for many reasons.. number one reason being that where I live , you cant get broadband :rant:

And it is SO slow... Takes me a day to sort and picture.. another day to upload pics..and I start listing on the third day....

aspkin 11-17-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT (Post 112263)
Yep I use dial up for many reasons.. number one reason being that where I live , you cant get broadband :rant:

And it is SO slow... Takes me a day to sort and picture.. another day to upload pics..and I start listing on the third day....

Geez.. I feel sorry for you. You don't live in or near a City?

aking 11-17-2009 09:49 PM

I would do ebay full time but the only thing stopping me is theres no benefits with ebay, lol. I need health insurance, for my family, dental, vision, 401k contribution match, etc. I definitely dont wanna start paying $500+ for my family's insurance.

Lyda 11-17-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Yea, must be very frustrating to do listings this way! No wonder you look for ways to be more efficient where you can and make up for this. I can only hope and wish you will get broadband soon...Its almost everywhere now.

ILovePaypalNOT 11-17-2009 10:51 PM

I live about 12 miles away from civilization

But were getting there...

Im sure the hamster is tired of running in the wheel to keep the electricity working :)

Lyda 11-17-2009 10:59 PM

Lol, I am sure it has its own advantages....like, no paying all the ridiciolous bills every month. Hamster doesn't care..:)

oompaloompa 11-18-2009 01:27 PM

OMG when I said slow, I meant that a completely new listing would take me say 15-20 minutes, take pics, then strip data out of it, make sure I am on correct ip (thanks ip burger), check which user I am on, update all issues on ebay site eg feedback and questions, and the actual list and description takes about 4 minutes.....

We in UK have way slower broadband than say Japan, so its relatively slow but dang ILPN youve got the virtue of patience............

shoot2kill 11-19-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuntz (Post 112247)
I do this for a living but I keep it simple with just one good selling product that fits in a bubble wrap evelope.
It takes me less than an hour to stuff 100 bubble wrap envelopes and that's enough for me to live on for a month,
the listing is already made I just simply hit the relist button and I don't even sit at a desk I'm laying on my bed with my laptop as we speak,
I sleep with my laptop next to me so the only work I do is stuff envelopes while the labels are printing, slap em on and take a trip to the post office and I do that on my bed too with the tv on.
Which only takes a few minutes a day I have tha envelopes stuffed ahead of time.
It's so easy it's ridiculous@$%$#

same here.

eryan2369 06-10-2010 12:07 AM

mobile broadband

Quote:

I know this is an old thread (I found it using the search feature looking for some info) but just in case your still using the super slow dial-up I just wanted to make a suggestion: A wireless aircard aka broadband card. These are offered by most cellular companies now and, if what I've read on other threads is true, they also give you a new ip each time as long as you are disconnecting and re-connecting each time.

My parents also live outside of civilization and had the horrible dial-up for many years...now they have a verizon broadband card for, I think, about $50 a month for unlimited use. It is MUCH better than dial-up!

jamblix 06-10-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyda (Post 112246)
You wouldn't have to worry about your IP when listing through Auctiva.

Wait...what? Does this mean I can work from one IP address with two or more eBay accounts with Auctiva? How?

slapped 06-10-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT (Post 112228)
I wonder if anyone else sits in front of their computer 18 hours a day, trying to sort through stacks of papers and 50+ email accounts, faxes and packages and invoices... boxes of product stacked all over the house..overflowing to the garage... and still manage to have a "home life"

I Keep telling myself that my goal is to retire in 10 years so no matter how stressful it is now it will be worth it ...

Its getting tough to handle... I would like to hear from all of you about how you manage your business (s) , how do you stay organized? Do you list everyday or one day a week?

And to those of you who run half a million listings at once.. How do you do it? do you hire help?

I am trying to come up with a new plan here. I use dial up so it is difficult to get alot done in one day as far as the computer..

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

Here is how you do it, Set up a New User account in Your Computer (Windows I am assuming) For EACH Ebay/Paypal account set, Set up as Many User Accounts as you need, I normally name the user account the same as my Ebay user ID, Then Have ALL the information for each of those accounts on an Excel Spreadsheet right on the desktop of that Particular user Account. ( Ebay, Paypal Name, Address, Phone, Passwords, IP Address, E mail, E-mail Passwords, ect, ect)

Now go to Auctiva, Open an account as for Auctiva Account type, choose the account type that allows you to Control MULTIPAL Ebay accounts, link ALL of your Ebay Accounts to your Auctiva Account, now Everyday you log onto Auctiva only to control, check, update, Post/Create Auctions,ect,ect All of your Ebay Accounts you do not even have to worry about your IP Address.

Now, on the rare occasions that you need to log onto your Ebay/Paypal account open the corresponding User account in Windows and Log on, You do not have to even worry about browser Cookies.

There are a few more things but it is ALL in the Stealth Book.

Thats it

Good luck