eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   usps international priority shipments vanishing lately...anyone else? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/15028-usps-international-priority-shipments-vanishing-lately-anyone-else.html)

ONE 12-02-2009 05:21 PM

usps international priority shipments vanishing lately...anyone else?

Ok so we have been shipping items international more and more to the UK and australia in the past few weeks for ebay motors items...

It seems when we drop the items off after hours the package never gets past showing the post office was notified.

We put a little more on the weight then needs to be and overall measurements as well plus we ship out on the date listed just to be safe. It seems as though 1/3 of the items we ship international usps priority are disappearing when we drop the items off at the post office drop box after hours.

When we hand them to a clerk during normal operating hours and get them scanned in right away they always arrive at their international destination.

This is getting a bit irritating especially on the feedback side of things...buyers have been cool but we have had to re-ship some products and are lucky we can ship two items and still make money.

Its getting old and just wanting to know if anyone else has been experiencing the same problems?:mad2:

I'm to the point where I want to choke random postal workers cause they are lazy.:mad:

It's making us look like we are printing labels but never shipping the items to the customers which can turn them against us quickly as i'm sure most of you know.

Here We Go Again 12-02-2009 07:08 PM

When I ship international I always check it in at the Post Office desk.
You should never drop off international packages after Post Office hours.
The international packages require a USPS sticker from the Post Office clerk and a scan.
This might be your problem, the required USPS Postal Sticker.
They even need the USPS Postal Sticker if you do online postage.

ONE 12-02-2009 07:31 PM

I did not know about the additional sticker. We use the adhesive backed labels and were just told to stick the 1 of 4 labels printed for each international shipment that has the fuzzy barcode on the actual package itself cause even though 3 of the 4 labels say postage paid online the barcode label is what tells the usps computers the shipment has been paid for.

Can the postal mail person who picks up apply these stickers? I guess how to really large companies deal with no standing in line for international shipments?

I have noticed dropping off international EXPRESS packages after hours always arrive to their destination on time VS priority shipments and track in more real time than USPS domestic shipments which won't even update until delivered most times which we also get emails about almost daily...I got a tracking number but its not tracking....blah blah

BooMer 12-02-2009 07:31 PM

I got 3 disputes in November. They were all USPS Priority International for item not received. I lost one dispute(Australia Value$13.00) and the second one (Ireland Value$95.00) the buyer closed it because he just got the packaged and the third one (Canada Value$57.00) is pending on paypal investigation.

I never had any problems shipping to the UK. My packages get there really fast usually in 5 business days. It's other countries like Canada and Australia that are taken to long to arrive (Over 30 Days) and the buyer panic and file a dispute.

Only if USPS scans all the packages by the Customs # on the label then it would help in locating the packages and keep the buyer informed.

I always just drop off my packages at the counter in bulk. They never got scanned.

Yes I notice the dispute has increased for international just because of the shipping time and Not because they were being lost. Us sellers lose out because we can't prove they were delivered when we are shipping via Priority Mail or First Class Internationally.

BooMer

ONE 12-03-2009 03:16 AM

another one tonight was confirmed delivered 29 days after shipping it ON TIME to UK.....:eek: usps priority....these are 3 lbs packages btw....so not too big and not too small.