eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   last photos of the local fire damage (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/1563-last-photos-local-fire-damage.html)

spike1 10-28-2007 11:34 AM

last photos of the local fire damage

spike1 10-28-2007 11:35 AM

http://likwidatemotors.4t.com/fire/fire/i.JPG

http://likwidatemotors.4t.com/fire/fire/j.JPG

http://likwidatemotors.4t.com/fire/fire/k.JPG

you can see the color green in that last photo. that's what it used to look like all over out here.

Chris Hanson 10-28-2007 12:13 PM

Looks like a A-bomb was dropped there.....

spike1 10-28-2007 12:15 PM

yep. especially when you consider how GREEN it all was just a few days ago.

all that grass people spent so much money watering....

here's a funny shot of my mom being attacked by the neighbor's horse. LMAO!!! she was up here to visit when the fire started. spent her whole vacation sitting in a hotel room instead.

we were glad to see the horses were OK

http://likwidatemotors.4t.com/fire/fire/a1.JPG

http://likwidatemotors.4t.com/fire/fire/a2.JPG

still friends

http://likwidatemotors.4t.com/fire/fire/a3.JPG

x2ruff4u 10-28-2007 12:41 PM

should the horses face be covered too?, n i thought it was a video game scene for like call of duty there for a sec real life version ^^;

aspkin 10-28-2007 05:03 PM

OMG... did your house survive Spike?

spike1 10-28-2007 05:44 PM

yeah aspkin my place is fine. all these photos are of the houses down the street from me. the closest one is about 2000-2500 feet away. it came close but no cigar! the way fires are out here, maybe it'll get me next time. i see on the national news people saying californians are crazy to keep rebuilding. first let me say that i rent, if i were going to buy a house it would NOT be in california. second, in california, either you live in a ghetto apartment or you move up into a neighborhood like this one. i got tired of living in the ghetto.

aspkin 10-28-2007 06:32 PM

California is pretty expensive; a friend of mine rents a two bedroom apartment there for a little over $2500 a month. Another rents a studio for about $1k a month, houses in the millions everywhere. It's probably not a good investment to own property there, with fires and earthquakes coming for you.

Chris Hanson 10-28-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike1 (Post 14689)
yeah aspkin my place is fine. all these photos are of the houses down the street from me. the closest one is about 2000-2500 feet away. it came close but no cigar! the way fires are out here, maybe it'll get me next time. i see on the national news people saying californians are crazy to keep rebuilding. first let me say that i rent, if i were going to buy a house it would NOT be in california. second, either you live in a ghetto apartment or you move up into a neighborhood like this one. i got tired of living in the ghetto.

Why would people rebuild knowing that the same thing will happen in 2 more years. i was watching the news and they said this type of thing or mudslides happens every 2 years and wipe out houses

Chris Hanson 10-28-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 14692)
California is pretty expensive; a friend of mine rents a two bedroom apartment there for a little over $2500 a month. Another rents a studio for about $1k a month, houses in the millions everywhere. It's probably not a good investment to own property there, with fires and earthquakes coming for you.

Its expensive there but they also pay good there too. Work at Mcdonalds and make $11 hour..lol

spike1 10-29-2007 12:38 AM

i used to feel the same way about people who live in "tornado alley" their trailers would get hit every year. yet they still live there. for me, like i said, i would not buy a home out here in california. when i have enough money to buy a house i will move out of california. no doubt.

of course, living in california, it will be hard to get the money to buy a house in the first place.

show me the $11 mcdonalds job! maybe if you're the manager or something. there IS a place out here called "in and out burger" i have heard that they pay like $10 an hour.

Chris Hanson 10-29-2007 12:58 AM

Spike, if you can afford to buy $30,000 to $50,000 worth of parts then you can afford to buy a house..lol

spike1 10-29-2007 01:00 AM

i only spend $2000-3000 for the the parts. and that is maybe 4-5 times a year. i would always make sure i had that much in a bank account just in case. i sell the parts i just bought to have money to buy more later. the rest is profit. i was once able to save like $4000 while punching a timeclock for a living. since then i have turned that $4000 over again and again to pay the rent. just kept investing in things to make more money out of it. better than working for a living. the problem out here is...as soon as you make the money you spend it. especially when you're "new money". higher cost of living and all. next time i have $10,000 in my savings account i think i will move.

i looked into moving last year and found out the uhaul truck would cost at least $4000, i have much inventory to move. that would be to move as far as texas. i even went to austin for a week to check it out. nice craigslist girls but the rest kinda sucked (i will never forget that girl, whose name i cannot remember). i would go to the jack in the box to eat and see people saying grace over their jumbo jacks. not that religion is a bad thing. just not used to seeing that out here. scared me a little.

plus they had weird rules about the days they sell alcohol. lol!!!

newebayerwannabe 10-29-2007 04:43 AM

Wow so close to the action.
You must of felt the heat.

aspkin 10-29-2007 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike1 (Post 14733)
i only spend $2000-3000 for the the parts. and that is maybe 4-5 times a year. i would always make sure i had that much in a bank account just in case. i sell the parts i just bought to have money to buy more later. the rest is profit. i was once able to save like $4000 while punching a timeclock for a living. since then i have turned that $4000 over again and again to pay the rent. just kept investing in things to make more money out of it. better than working for a living. the problem out here is...as soon as you make the money you spend it. especially when you're "new money". higher cost of living and all. next time i have $10,000 in my savings account i think i will move.

i looked into moving last year and found out the uhaul truck would cost at least $4000, i have much inventory to move. that would be to move as far as texas. i even went to austin for a week to check it out. nice craigslist girls but the rest kinda sucked (i will never forget that girl, whose name i cannot remember). i would go to the jack in the box to eat and see people saying grace over their jumbo jacks. not that religion is a bad thing. just not used to seeing that out here. scared me a little.

You should probably checkout Dallas or Houston. Bigger cities.

If you're thinking of moving to Texas.

Chris Hanson 10-29-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike1 (Post 14733)

Say yeah moving is always good. I'm moving to Tennessee in January.. Yes Uhaul truck is alot. But you dont need uhaul... You can

1. Rent a truck from enterprise etc... to move your goods
2. Buy your own cheap truck to move goods then resell the truck
3. or do like me. Pay a trucker under the table, that has a route going to going my way to move my stuff

spike1 10-30-2007 09:25 AM

actually the rent is higher out here in the country areas. i pay about $1650 a month for a 2 bedroom. i could get another apartment in the ghetto for like $1200 a month, or higher. just not worth it to move back in to the ghetto

i WAS thinking about oregon or washington 500 for a 4 bedroom can't beat that!

just found out i was not supposed to be drinking the tap water. ooops! i was just using it to make coffee and ice!!

spike1 10-30-2007 10:17 AM

chris

good idea about buying then selling a truck!!!

i am going to look into that.

aspkin 10-30-2007 11:34 AM

Dang.. $500 for 4 bedroom! That's crazy cheap.

Chris Hanson 10-30-2007 11:59 AM

Well here in Detroit houses is auctioning off for $1600.. People are moving out of the city and losing jobs thus losing their homes..

These houses here is going for crazy cheap...$150k homes selling for $60k..

I seen 3 homes go for $2,500 or less no lie.. They probably only need about $20,000 worth of fixer uppers

Throb-n-Rod 03-15-2008 10:57 PM

$2,500 for a house it must not include the wheels and tong to move it 20 years ago i could make 2k just for not bidding on tax forclosed homes in states that didnt alow mortage carryover tax sales every month at a courthouse near you.