Hunters Point San Francisco. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-30-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Hunters Point San Francisco.

Just back from a another holiday in San Francisco. 3rd time there now and love the city more everytime I go back. Love the diversty and the fantastic views on every hill one of the truly great cities on the planet.

Was staying with my sister who lives in The Richmond and her 16y old son.
She asked me to accompany him on a school outing one day as she was working and he had to be accompanied by an adult of this particular field trip.
It was called the "Toxic Tour". A tour of the waste dumps and residential areas of Hunters point, the bottom right sector of SF.

Man that place was a dangerous dirty part of SF I didnt even know existed, the poverty and drugs there is incredible, in such contrast to most other parts of the city.

Is anyone on here from frisco and do they know anything else about this area, to me it seemed really rough, it didnt even feel like a part of frisco.
Its incredible that not many no about that place outside the usa.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2010

Longevity: 89%

We are agreed San Francisco one of the nicest cities in the world, right after Las Vegas. West Coast beats East Coast. USA all the way!
Old 05-01-2010

Longevity: 81%

I feel an east coast/west coast rivalry brewing!!
Old 05-01-2010

East Coast is great in it's own way, I'm not saying it's not. Just West Coast more my flavour. USA is all the greatest nation ever.
Old 05-01-2010

Oh, and back to the OP yes I have been to Hunters Point. Toured a submarine and a few other ships at the Bayview, other than that didn't spend very long in that part of town just at the port.
Old 05-01-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsam View Post
We are agreed San Francisco one of the nicest cities in the world, right after Las Vegas. West Coast beats East Coast. USA all the way!
Vegas is a dump.. Lol

San Francisco is beautiful, and one of my favorite places to visit.
Old 05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Vegas is a dump.. Lol

San Francisco is beautiful, and one of my favorite places to visit.
Vegas is the best place in the world! Followed by Frisco!
Old 05-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I liked San Diego....hated Vegas, not my thing...

thinking of going to Santa Barbara or a costal area nearby, any suggestions
Old 05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I liked San Diego....hated Vegas, not my thing...

thinking of going to Santa Barbara or a costal area nearby, any suggestions
Was invited down to Diego but never went, what's there?
Old 05-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

I was there a very long time ago, basically did surfing , shopping and horizontal mambo...
Old 05-02-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
haha..vegas is dumpb as apskin says,its just the strip that is nice..other than that its a dump,i live very close and ive been there a 8923983298 times,gets old after awhile.. i think people on the east coast are much more geniune than the west coast people,but west coast has wayyyy better weather! im currently enjyong sunny in the mid 70s..

SF is cool,i have a ton of family in the whole bay area, but onto vegas again..hah its a dump and a half,people just like it show much cuz they can let loose for once in there life and not give a f about anything else,food is fantastic there though
Old 05-02-2010

To me and many others Vegas is the most magical city on earth. It may just be my age (20) and the fact that everytime I go there I have the best time. You could go there however many times and never run out of new things to do, I'm yet to tire of the place, nowhere else like it on earth.

Anybody been to Reno or Atlantic City?
Old 05-02-2010

Quote:
To me and many others Vegas is the most magical city on earth. It may just be my age (20) and the fact that everytime I go there I have the best time. You could go there however many times and never run out of new things to do, I'm yet to tire of the place, nowhere else like it on earth.

Anybody been to Reno or Atlantic City?
well yer not from the USA or even from southern california for that matter..its only a 3 hour car drive from me,and im in my mid 20s,ive been there way too much,it does get old,i dont do the tourist stuff at all,i just go there to get smashed,gamble alil,eat great food,try and bang an out of towner and after one day,i want to go home, but i see what yer saying but coming from where i am,most people are like this,,1-2 days tops and you want to get the F out of the desert ,im goin for 15 or so hours later this week..goin wed afternoon and will be back thurs morning!

and you can run out of things to do,when i went a few months ago,i was there for 4 days and one whole day i didnt leave my hotel,i slept most the day,had dinner with friends than went back to the hotel.again i see what yer point of view,but if you lived as close as me,yer opinion would greatly change
Old 05-02-2010

I'm from So Cal, it's surprising to see these guys from the U.K. saying USA is the best place in the world. I thought you guys thought we were all ignorant fatties with no taste or diversity!

San Fransisco is cool but, I could never live there. Los Angeles is the place to be and San Diego would be next on that list. San Diego has the best weather in the world, I think I can safely say literally the best and they also have the best Zoo. San Diego Zoo is just ridiculously awesome as is Sea World.

Las Vegas is always fun there's something new every time I visit. Last time was this out of control underground arcade with the sweetest arcade games I've seen at the time. Prostitutes are everywhere, you can gamble anywhere, drink whatever and eat cheap.

-Albert Einstein
Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
I'm from So Cal, it's surprising to see these guys from the U.K. saying USA is the best place in the world. I thought you guys thought we were all ignorant fatties with no taste or diversity!

San Fransisco is cool but, I could never live there. Los Angeles is the place to be and San Diego would be next on that list. San Diego has the best weather in the world, I think I can safely say literally the best and they also have the best Zoo. San Diego Zoo is just ridiculously awesome as is Sea World.

Las Vegas is always fun there's something new every time I visit. Last time was this out of control underground arcade with the sweetest arcade games I've seen at the time. Prostitutes are everywhere, you can gamble anywhere, drink whatever and eat cheap.
id say santa barbara has the best weather,i have a few friends that go to ucsb and brooks institute and i love going up there during the summer time..weather is awesome,my friends complain when its mid 80s with a breeze in august..hah

vegas is vegas,i just think were spoiled because we live so close,honestly i do get jealous sometimes when i hear people talk about there vegas vacation,but its like that for alot of places if you live so close,imagine all the people who live in hawaii or bora bora,there like ehhhh whatever

heres a fun fact of myself,ive been to vegas god knows how many times,but well over 30 for sure,and ive never ever ever ever been to a show b4...i wanted to go to the queen musical but i was always hungover,the beatles one too but i never get around to it as i only go to vegas to get hammered and act like a jackass for 24 hours
Old 05-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

[QUOTE=jamblix;136409]I'm from So Cal, it's surprising to see these guys from the U.K. saying USA is the best place in the world. I thought you guys thought we were all ignorant fatties with no taste or diversity!

^^^^^thats what the world thinks of americans, but UK arent far behind, I grant you....and who said US is best place in the world, I like to stay in parts of it, but I wouldnt go near most of it....there are some things you are great at doing, and I love the larger spaces and beaches, in Europe things are more compact, ...I really like the mediterranean areas myself too ... we really crave heat in the UK, so winter holidays are a real thing for us, you can get that in the more southern parts of europe/north africa/middle east too...

do you have any favourite carribean islands, Ive only been to a couple, I like upmarket places though..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-03-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2010

St. Lucia is beautiful but like a lot of Caribbean islands you get bored after too long, very quiet I'm more of a Vegas person, again probably just my age. Barbados much the same when you're at the resorts but anywhere you go to the rest of the island there's a big divide of poverty that all the 5* resorts try to hide from you. You need to watch the time of year you go to the Dominican Republic though, you need to pick the months that are least likely for a hurricane. If nice tropical beach resorts are all your looking for I'd recommend St. Lucia, definitely the best for upmarket.
Old 05-03-2010

If you guys want a kick-ass vacation try Thailand. It is SO much fun. Last time I went to Tiger Temple and got to play, pet and walk FULL GROWN tigers and cubs. They also have nice water parks, the shopping and malls are much better and more affordable, everything is affordable actually.

It's not all about sex as most would think either. It's definitely fun visiting and hanging out the infamous sex district but there is so much more to Thailand than that. Plus the people are so nice there and the clubs are off the hook, I met a cool local girl who was the one who took me to the water park.

The weather is great, you can basically wear a t-shirt the whole time you're there. Right now though they are having some political issues and a brewing civil war.

-Albert Einstein
Old 05-04-2010
Threadstarter  

I originally posted this because of the shock I got when I went to hunters point in Frisco. I couldnt believe the contrast in that city. SF is one of the worlds leading cities.
Ive been to LA but its huge and spread out for miles, differant experience all together from SF. The people dont seem as approachable as SF and there appears to be more dangerous areas there than SF. I know which 1 I would want to live in.

Been to Vegas before, it would crack you up if you where there more than 4 days though, mad mad place but in a great way. I love spending a few days in the cities then a few days out in the country areas. I spent some time before in Beattie NV, Mammouth Lakes CA, Tusayan AZ, Mariposa CA and Barstow CA on the road from Vegas to LA.

Love the whole west coast, mid west experience!!