eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Who around here uses Paymate? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/20271-who-around-here-uses-paymate.html)

waterproof 07-11-2010 05:36 PM

Who around here uses Paymate?

I just logged on and was reading a little about "paymate". I take it that it is a lot like Paypal where you can accept and recieve payments.

Are there a lot of long time Ebay/PP users that use this and what are the advantages? Is it worth having? Is there anyone who would rather have Paymate than Paypal and connect it to your Ebay account?

Thanks!

jamblix 07-11-2010 07:55 PM

Paymate can potentially be a magic cure all for your payment needs, but there are some letdowns. It takes 2-3 business days for the payment to clear and give you the OK to ship out. This means you can't ship out until 2-3 days after they paid which can affect your shipping DSRs. Sometimes payers will not want to pay because they only deal with Paypal, this doesn't happen often though I'd say only like 1/20. I also notice some of my auctions are ending in lower prices than usual, most of the time though they are the same as Paypal. Than after the 2-3 day payment clear it takes another week for the money to be deposited into your account. After the money is deposited into your bank account it than takes a further 2-4 days for the credits to be shown on your statement and available for withdrawal. So in all from the time your buyer pays for the goods it takes at the most two weeks for it to show in your bank.

Now the good. You can attach Paymate to ANY eBay account even if it's stealth and accept payments. They do not share any information at all, meaning I can have an eBay account under the name Deacon Dr. Rockafella and a Paymate with all my real info+SS# with no problems. Paymate lets you have as many accounts as you want, so opening stealth Paymates wouldn't even be needed. You could have 5 Paymate accounts with exactly the same information with 5 random stealth eBay accounts and not be linked. They don't have pesky and annoying limits or suspensions and you can pretty much receive as much money as you can. They start you with a $5000/mo limit than you can upgrade to $10000/mo if need be and from my knowledge each account you have with them has their own separate receiving limits. I've been selling lots of VeRO actually pretty much 100% VeRO and no problems yet.

The most important thing though especially for me is that it is a viable replacement for Paypal. No more worrying about getting the chop because you can't provide real Paypal info or have a SS# attached. I mean maybe some pros can somehow bypass Paypals system and accept large amounts of money every month without being suspended or asked to provide info. For the rest of us Paymate is one of the best alternatives.

nobody999 07-15-2010 06:04 PM

jamblix,
how often does a pending payment not clear? if 99 percent of payment clears without problem, i think i might ship the item first instead of waiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamblix (Post 150468)
Paymate can potentially be a magic cure all for your payment needs, but there are some letdowns. It takes 2-3 business days for the payment to clear and give you the OK to ship out. This means you can't ship out until 2-3 days after they paid which can affect your shipping DSRs. Sometimes payers will not want to pay because they only deal with Paypal, this doesn't happen often though I'd say only like 1/20. I also notice some of my auctions are ending in lower prices than usual, most of the time though they are the same as Paypal. Than after the 2-3 day payment clear it takes another week for the money to be deposited into your account. After the money is deposited into your bank account it than takes a further 2-4 days for the credits to be shown on your statement and available for withdrawal. So in all from the time your buyer pays for the goods it takes at the most two weeks for it to show in your bank.

Now the good. You can attach Paymate to ANY eBay account even if it's stealth and accept payments. They do not share any information at all, meaning I can have an eBay account under the name Deacon Dr. Rockafella and a Paymate with all my real info+SS# with no problems. Paymate lets you have as many accounts as you want, so opening stealth Paymates wouldn't even be needed. You could have 5 Paymate accounts with exactly the same information with 5 random stealth eBay accounts and not be linked. They don't have pesky and annoying limits or suspensions and you can pretty much receive as much money as you can. They start you with a $5000/mo limit than you can upgrade to $10000/mo if need be and from my knowledge each account you have with them has their own separate receiving limits. I've been selling lots of VeRO actually pretty much 100% VeRO and no problems yet.

The most important thing though especially for me is that it is a viable replacement for Paypal. No more worrying about getting the chop because you can't provide real Paypal info or have a SS# attached. I mean maybe some pros can somehow bypass Paypals system and accept large amounts of money every month without being suspended or asked to provide info. For the rest of us Paymate is one of the best alternatives.

jamblix 07-15-2010 07:32 PM

Every single payment has been cleared for me. There was one small bump where this guys payment didn't clear until after a week. I made six sales with Paymate that day and they all paid at the same time. Two days later I got the payment cleared e-mail for five of them and the other one took nine days.

He was complaining that he needed fast shipping because the item was a gift for his son going to the Army. So, I shipped it out in good faith before the payment was cleared and after the nine days everything was fine. I wouldn't jump the gun and start shipping out everything before payments get cleared though a few are bound not to be cleared and than you'll be screwed. I haven't been using Paymate for THAT long to know what will happen if you try!

nobody999 07-16-2010 11:39 AM

thanks for the input...

Dude 07-16-2010 01:17 PM

Can paymate be used in the UK?

OfficialGenius 07-16-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamblix (Post 150468)

What do you mean each account has their own separate receiving limit? Isn't it depending on what you sign up for? 5,000 a month or 10,000?

Also, how do they treat disputes? and when do they put a deadline for the buyers to open a dispute, any experience?

jamblix 07-16-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 151464)
What do you mean each account has their own separate receiving limit? Isn't it depending on what you sign up for? 5,000 a month or 10,000?

Also, how do they treat disputes? and when do they put a deadline for the buyers to open a dispute, any experience?

Separate as in they each start and have their own $5000 limit. So if you have three Paymate accounts you could be receiving as much as $15000 as opposed to $5000 combined. You can't start with a $10000 limit you have to upgrade to that amount. I haven't had any dispute problems and I have no idea if UK users can use it.

wpaulruben 11-14-2010 01:31 AM

Watch out! Paymate is obviously having many problems. I would not suggest you use them. I'm not getting paid on a good transaction in Ebay for no good reason. I would use Paypal if I were you. Moneybookers is good even though they hold your money for a certain period of time but at least they are honest!

holymoly 11-19-2010 10:04 PM

Moneybookers, CCNow....that would be my options for something OTHER than PP

Red X 11-27-2010 11:32 PM

Paymate is good when the payments clear, but most of the time the buyers credit cards don't clear, why idk, but the same hasn't happened with my experience with moneybookers. I choose paymate over moneybookers though because you get the money faster. I talked to the company a few months ago, from what an employee told me, they now go through credit checks, and you must have good credit to join their company. Has anyone else heard this??? Setting up multiple PAYMATE accounts can get you banned as well.