eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Which has dynamic ip? Sprint, Tmobile, Verizon, AT&T etc (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/20331-has-dynamic-ip-sprint-tmobile-verizon-t-etc.html)

MOONCRICKET 07-13-2010 02:22 PM

Which has dynamic ip? Sprint, Tmobile, Verizon, AT&T etc

I'm looking into buying a wireless usb card to plug into my laptop so I can access ebay anywhere there is a cell signal. I'm not sure which ones have a dynamic ip address. These are the ones I am looking at:

Sprint -???
Verizon -???
Cricket - ???
AT&T- Dynamic ip
T-mobile - I think it is dynamic, can't get a straight answer from employees

Every time I ask an employee over the phone, they never seem to know the answer to this question. Hopefully some of you guys will happen to know the answer.

SelfMade17 07-13-2010 03:17 PM

i think possibly they all are..you just need to restart it..but you should ask the people that work for them before buying.....

rcdrivertim 07-13-2010 03:20 PM

My Verizon has a different IP every start up...

MOONCRICKET 09-10-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SelfMade17 (Post 150805)
i think possibly they all are..you just need to restart it..but you should ask the people that work for them before buying.....

I have asked. They are clueless on the subject and look at me strangely for asking. Been to several of the stores and they always refer me to a 1-800-number.

I want one that has a wide range of IP's as well. Maybe this is too much to ask.

MadSam 09-10-2010 05:42 PM

If a dynamic or static IP address is issued it depends on your plan not the provider. The above mentioned providers do provide dynamic and static IP addresses. If you lookup your IP address you will see for yourself if it is a dynamic or static IP address, and there's your answer.

First Edition 09-10-2010 10:51 PM

they all provide dynamic ip addresses

You have to specifically request a static ip address... it can be done with Sprint and Verizon, both CDMA networks, but I don't know why you would want one for stealth purposes. Also, check out this thread:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-accounts.html

telly55 09-11-2010 12:56 AM

T-mobile prepaid broadband ip will not change.

Verizon ip change everytime you disconnect & reconnect

First Edition 09-11-2010 01:04 AM

really? That's interesting... I know for a fact att is dynamic. same technology.... t mobile sucks anyway......

telly55 09-11-2010 01:13 AM

i think with a contract with t-mobile it will change but not with prepaid i found the hard way.

FandangoKango 09-11-2010 03:12 AM

VIRGIN-MOBILE does not have dynamic ip and there with sprint!

First Edition 09-11-2010 12:17 PM

THOSE ARE PREPAID.....

If it's prepaid, you can still change the ip, you just cancel it and activate the same equipment on a new number.

Virgin mobile uses Sprint towers, sure... but in the billing, it is not the same.

Although.... I've known certain devices with sprint to cycle through only 10 ip's or so with certain devices. Whereas Verizon, even the prepaid, almost never repeats an ip.

But... I do have Sprint for cell service.. i love it. I've also got the overdrive, which is sweet, I've got an aircard and a netbook with verizon, and I tether my bb sometimes.

inthezone 12-04-2010 10:50 AM

For your interest, Cricket broadband has dynamic IP, so the IP changes every time you login. IT's only 40 bucks and works great. Plus, NO CONTRACTS... :)

btw, before I bought the broadband card, I went to radioshack that sold cricket broadband cards and they told me it was static. then I went to a cricket store and they looked at me like "whaaaat?" They eventually gave me a 1-800 number and I called them. the lady on the phone also told me it was static which is not true. :D How retarded can they get? They dont even know about their own products.

lagoonclub 12-04-2010 11:52 AM

Virgin Mobile has dynamic IPs, from some forums posts it looks like they used to have static IPs.

But I have been using VM BB2G since 9/29 and they have dynamic IPs. At least the one I purchased in NY.

First Edition 12-04-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthezone (Post 187404)
For your interest, Cricket broadband has dynamic IP, so the IP changes every time you login. IT's only 40 bucks and works great. Plus, NO CONTRACTS... :)

btw, before I bought the broadband card, I went to radioshack that sold cricket broadband cards and they told me it was static. then I went to a cricket store and they looked at me like "whaaaat?" They eventually gave me a 1-800 number and I called them. the lady on the phone also told me it was static which is not true. :D How retarded can they get? They dont even know about their own products.

You can't judge someone regarding product knowledge for not knowing this..... that isn't a commonly asked question.

inthezone 12-04-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 187424)
You can't judge someone regarding product knowledge for not knowing this..... that isn't a commonly asked question.

Well then why did they tell me that the IP was static? Not knowing is okay until you make **** up and misinform the customer.

First Edition 12-06-2010 02:52 PM

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be upset.... people should at least tell you they don't know and be honest.

But you also need to realize what we do takes a higher level of intelligence than most people have the scope for. Do you realize how many people on this forum don't even know the difference between a static and dynamic ip?

I know verizon has the ability to give static ip with the air card, but the default is dynamic. I'm not sure if Sprint has this yet.... I can't imagine virgin mobile has ever been static, because they work off of Sprint's network, and is basically the same as Sprint, and even share many of the same types of equipment.

phonescoop.com is a great resource also