eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Iphone 4 on Verizon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/26897-iphone-4-verizon.html)

oge 01-11-2011 02:19 PM

Iphone 4 on Verizon

cardfelon 01-11-2011 02:25 PM

I wonder if this is really going to pay off for Verizon like they think it will. If they would have released it on the 4G network it would have been better.

oge 01-11-2011 02:29 PM

Yes well I think that they want to first take At&t customers and Tmobile for that matter and have them hooked first then the 4g and the new iphone 6 months down the road will equal more money. It doesn't even pay to switch until the 4g network is up and the Iphone 4gs or 5 is out. Gives those hackers time to jailbreak and put it on Sprint 4G too!

123 01-11-2011 11:22 PM

I think it will pay off for them, theres just so much hype around it that its bound to get a lot of sales off that alone. Anyone know how much the monthly plans will be on it with verizion for unlimited data and a decent amount of talking minutes? Also I was a little shocked that my aapl stock didn't go up today upon announcement.

doughboykilla 01-12-2011 12:12 AM

yeah it sweet that iphone is finaly comeing to verizon. i just hope i can use it on pageplus :D like all other verizon phones.

Red X 01-12-2011 10:04 AM

I don't see what the hypes about, by the time people grab these iphone 4g's for Verizon, the new iphone will be coming, so imo it's just not worth it.

oge 01-12-2011 11:20 AM

Lol doughboy I checked into that and pageplus doesn't offer any data only a 20 MB so thats a no go and Verizon is being all hush hush about the iphone data plan there's no benefit to joining until a 4G network that you can use a Iphone on.

jbluntz 01-12-2011 04:35 PM

The benefit for me would be the ability to use mifi with the ip app, you can change ip's alot faster with an iphone and with these new seller limits on ebay, that's something I need now.

Axcend 01-12-2011 06:18 PM

here's what I'm thinking (I am currently a verizon customer): They will release the Iphone 4 as is on the CDMA, and they will offer unlimited data with it for 29.99 a month just like any other smartphone. Then when the 4G LTE comes out, either there won't be an unlimited data option or its going to sky rocket to 49.99 or something. My bet is that there won't be unlimited data offered. I am also thinking that when they decide this for/because of the iphone, you won't ever be able to get unlimited data again. I'm gonna play it safe and take a smaller hit and get the iphone when it comes out with unlimited data (unless they decide to do a terribly stupid move and change it) before the next iphone comes out and the rumours come true that there will no longer be an unlimited data option. The IP switching and the wifi hotspot alone will more than pay for buying the iphone 5 or iphone 4G by the time it comes out if on the off chance there is no change to the data plans. I really don't see verizon releasing an apple for 4G for at least a year anyways. They are most likely going to test out their 4G LTE network first with all the other 4G phones coming out well before they take on an iphone for the 4G.

My theory on this iphone release is to test the data usage without screwing up their 4G network by not being able to handle the workload. They will test out the iphone's effect on data with the regular CDMA network, while they work out the kinks on the 4G LTE with the other smartphones coming out. Then 6 months to a year after that, the new iphone will be released for 4G LTE. Apple NEVER rushes anything. They'll milk the Iphone 4 for all its work with verizon before even thinking about releasing the next one.

Just my theories from reading and knowledge of business :)

123 01-13-2011 02:20 AM

An iphone unlimited data plan is only $30 a month? Can anyone confirm this... if this is true i might just switch I never bothered to look thinking it was in the 50 range. I currently have a sidekick on prepaid paying a dollar a day so it comes out to 30 a month and its pretty lame no where near any features as the new phones. So wait does that include unlimited text and also it would be about 40 a month with all the taxes right?

update:

a quick google search showed multiple popular sites stating that verizion hasn't announced the data plan for iphone and it might be as much as $120 a month for unlimited o,O

jbluntz 01-13-2011 03:07 AM

I've been paying $145 a month for verizon storm so $120 wouldn't be bad.