eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   No Offense, but China ruined Ebay, anyone agree? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/29786-no-offense-but-china-ruined-ebay-anyone-agree.html)

Red X 04-02-2011 10:14 AM

No Offense, but China ruined Ebay, anyone agree?

I don't mean to offend anyone here that Is from China, or have family members there, but I started selling online at an early age, and remember when USA, and CA sellers were the only competition years ago, now it seems like China sellers have popped up everywhere selling their items for super low prices, leaving us Americans with low profits. They could at least rise their prices, if it wasn't for them I guarantee we'd have more sells, and bigger profits.

Bigball 04-02-2011 10:37 AM

Yep, nowaday we can find chinese sellers everywhere on eBay.
I don't know how can they offer their low prices like that :hail::doh:

stillselling 04-02-2011 10:45 AM

What's wrong with a little competition? Don't hear you complain about the money you saved from buying Mexican, Vietnamese or (god forbid) Chinese products.

I paid for my car and my house trading used items on eBay and no one outside of the U.S. can touch my business. If you can't join them, play a different game. How many Chinese sellers are selling iPad 2 right now? I can probably count all them in one hand.

In fact, I blame the U.S. sellers for making me just well off. If it weren't for them getting into my game, I would still be rich.

Imakemoney 04-02-2011 10:52 AM

Its called globalisation. Deal with it.

Red X 04-02-2011 10:56 AM

@stillselling, tell me what I buy from China that's for "reselling", you seem a little "too" offended. It's my opinion, and i'm going to stick by it.

stillselling 04-02-2011 12:02 PM

Who said anything about "reselling"? Must be a guilty conscience.

I love the irony of an unemployed union worker complaining about globalization sitting in front of his 60" LED TV that he could only dream of when he was working. Opinion not based on fact is just faith.

Let those Chinese compete over the $0.25 for each item they sell. When they saved up enough to buy my iPad 2 64gb wifi+3g at twice the retail price, I would gladly repatriot those US Dollars in 1 sale.

Score 1 for the US.

Red X 04-02-2011 12:31 PM

I could see why someone as sarcastic as you would no longer be "rich" due to your arrogant attitude lol. Have fun with your lead infested home. Keep your 60" "DLP" tv, they are cheap anyway lol.

stickmade 04-02-2011 01:09 PM

Ohh i can feel the tention:croc:

LadyLover 04-02-2011 01:40 PM

it's gettin HOT!!

marmalade 04-02-2011 01:42 PM

Ninja I hear what you are saying. I produce (and sell) women's accessories in the united states, and yes, having the competition from china is something i have to deal with because i simply cannot compete with their low prices. so i have had to try to market them as luxury items handmade in usa, (not china) etc, to set myself apart. But many customers still will buy from china if the product looks fairly similar and so many people are looking just for the cheapest item, doesn't matter about quality. As the other poster wrote, it is globalization and competition, esp on ebay where all you have to do is a search by lowest price and bam you are out if that is what someone is looking for. On the other hand I wish there was a search that said "search by highest quality" because in clothing often the china made goods would be at the bottom. (generally speaking for clothing), and the italian, american, french, goods would be at the top.

Wikked Tikked 04-02-2011 04:08 PM

I don't want to offend anyone either but in my opinion China has ruined everything. Look at a $1. store. Nothing's worth $1. there. People in the US are so obsessed with cheap they have no problem paying $ for cheap crap. And when that crap breaks they go out and by more of the same crap. It's just a vicious circle. While you can't not buy things from China easily you can buy less if you try.

It doesn't matter much anyway as they almost own the US now anyway. If you believe Jesse Ventura's show China is paying some T. Boone Pickens group that swipes water from the Great Lakes and ships it to China because they've already polluted and used up so much of theirs.

Jay Leno - "Customs stopped 300 tons of lead from coming into the country from China...They found there were toys in it."

oompaloompa 04-02-2011 04:30 PM

I agree with phrase buy cheap buy twice, I agree less better quality goods and higher prices are better for the earth but cheap goods are too tempting to pass up...china will have its day when its population becomes like the west, and another country will get its chance to rise.....

wonder what the average wage or cost of living is over there, just to know what the equiv is to the profit they make, say if they make $2 on an item, what its worth to them..

I did research on quite a few products direct from china that I wanted to sell on ebay, but before I got a chance to order them, china seller was already selling direct on ebay in the interim! but i cant blame them, I mean that would be silly, I couldnt make a good profit on the item compared to them, you have to hope that people dont always want to order from china and prefer a quicker postage from local source...and alot do...

GreenBean 04-02-2011 04:50 PM

It's gone political

Is's going CLOSED