eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Professional DVD Production (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/30085-professional-dvd-production.html)

Axcend 04-08-2011 06:00 PM

Professional DVD Production

**THIS IS NOT FOR BOOTLEGGING**

Now that that is out of the way, I am wondering if anyone currently has a business in this industry? I know more than a couple film makers that are quite good and it is something I want to approach them with it to get their work more out into the public. There are also some other people who I could probably sell services to as well.

From research I have done, I have decided that I definitely need an automatic DVD duplicator and one that prints on the actual DVD rather than printing and applying individual labels.

I would like to talk to someone 1v1 about this more so I can learn specific details about the trade before making my final decision of whether it is a worthy investment or not. Just send me a message and let me know if you have experience or know someone who does that can answer my questions about equipment I need and printers, which ones are the best choice for the money, etc.

Thank you very much for your time!

Burning 04-08-2011 07:08 PM

The problem in personal dvd production is the high cost in printing designs on the disc. Now, there are two approaches when printing on a disc, you could either use thermal or regular ink. The problem with REGULAR inkjet printers is the fact that the ink WILL get smudged or come off with slight water contact. The only way to make it waterproof is to purchase discs with a 'special coating'. This special coating, is water proof, and when printed on with literally any inkjet printer it will not come off even when submerged in water. The downside to this special media, is the price associated with it. They can cost anywhere from .40 cents all the way to $1 a disc. Inkjet is a great alternative for anyone looking for a low cost solution, with small volume.

On the other hand, you have thermal. If you are only looking for a black and white solution, then it will be a good choice. The problem with thermal printers, is the fact that they can cost anywhere from $50 to $6000, depending on your needs. If you are looking for a simple black and white thermal printer, then this will be a good choice. The problem with thermal media, is the expensive film/ink. Not only does it cost a leg and an arm, you will have to regularly maintain the device/printer. Color ink is quite expensive on thermal, as you have to purchase the separate ribbons for each and every color. If you are looking for simple text on the media, it can cost .10 - .20. Otherwise, if you need color on the disc, it can cost you anywhere from .30 - .50.

Having 3-4 inkjet printers is your best bet with a refillable CISS kit. There are also automated inkjet printers aswell, which print and burn information on to the disc using an automated arm. I can go on and on..........if you found this helpful, pm me if you need advice.

jeffweico 04-08-2011 07:57 PM

If you want to do 1,000 or more DVD's, they can be professionally manufactured for less than $1.50 each. That includes the case, the printed DVD, the cover, etc.

The upside is that they will have the silver bottoms and look just like any disc bought in the store.

The only downside is that the company doing this for you will require all of the copyright paperwork to prove that you have the right to manufacture the discs and that process can take up to a week.

But if ou want the DVD's to look TRULY professional, there is no other way.

Burning 04-08-2011 08:42 PM

From what I can see from your thread, I see that you are most likely dealing with small business with low volume. If you need high volume, such as Jeffweico suggested, there is no other way other than it being professionally manufactured. You will NEVER be able to produce your dvd's as good as professionals as they have EXPENSIVE machinery. Don't even dare comparing, as there equipment cost thousands, if not millions of dollars.

These professional manufactures only deal with high volume only, requiring an moq of 1000+ discs.

slapped 04-08-2011 09:27 PM

Jeffweico is 100% Correct as is the Norm for him,,The Only thing that i can do is to recommend you to the Very BEST:

TECHNICOLOR MEXICANA S DE RL DE CV

---Technicolor---

These guys are the Big Boys when it comes to Making DVD's and Blu-Rays for EVERYBODY from "Joe the Plumbers Back Yard BBQ Video to All the DVD's and BLU-Ray Contracts for EVERY Hollywood Studio, Paramount, Warner Brothers, Disney, Fox, CBS, HBO, Showtime, ect,ect,ect

1000 Disc Minimum, LESS Than $1.50 Per Disc COMPLETE, the actual Variation on the Price Depends on your Artwork, for the Disc and Case. Just call they Do Speak English, You can also call Technicolor USA but they will only refer you to their Mexican Subsidiarity.

Red X 04-08-2011 09:28 PM

I agree with Jeffweico, I have tried this, and they turned me down due to me not having paperwork.