eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Do you have your own separate comp JUST for eb@y? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/39793-do-you-have-your-own-separate-comp-just-eb-y.html)

LoopHole 11-27-2011 09:29 PM

Do you have your own separate comp JUST for eb@y?

As of right now i have all of my accounts on my desktop. Which is my only computer. Im starting to notice that this computer is begging to fail in many ways. Sometimes it doesn't start sometimes there is no monitor signal and sometimes its just some other issue. I do a lot of experimenting on this computer. Which sometimes leads me to having a virus on my computer or something fails. I'm pretty experienced with removing these trojans and fixing pretty much any computer issue and what not but you can never be 100% safe. With all the valuable info on this computer i have finally realized it is time to buy a work laptop that i will ONLY use for my eb*y job.

Just wondering how many of you actually have separate computers JUST for eb*y/pp purposes.

linktohard 11-27-2011 09:59 PM

I do.I have an MacbookPro as my main computer that I refuse to use for stealth purposes.

So I went and bought a new laptop specifically for Eb*y/PP!Im thinking of buying another for Amazon only since they track MAC address according to Amazon ghost.

KingRay 11-27-2011 10:23 PM

I went out and bought 4 computers just the other day actually and will be separating everything on each so I dont have to mess with changing accounts etc. Just bascially will have 4 screens side by side with one keyboard for them all. Should be an Awesome setup if I every get it completed. Hate unhooking everthing.

Here We Go Again 11-27-2011 10:47 PM

I bought a really nice and fast (i7) PC just for eBay/Amazon.
That is ALL that that machine does.
I added a extra hard drive for all the vmWare files.
I have about 70-80 VM identities on that machine and I have had no issues.

BiN4RY 11-27-2011 10:50 PM

I have this sitting in a corner of a room that isn't used in my house:

http://i42.tinypic.com/icl6ap.jpg

It's a cheap and very small dual core Intel Atom board that costs me about $75, and rest of the parts are from unused parts that I have lying around.

I didn't want to clutter up my main computers with a whole bunch of user accounts and whatnot, so everything is done on there via RDP. It also serves as a great media server and torrent box for all my devices around the house. I keep it on 24/7, and it consumes only about 30W of power at peak

LoopHole 11-27-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 290560)
I went out and bought 4 computers just the other day actually and will be separating everything on each so I dont have to mess with changing accounts etc. Just bascially will have 4 screens side by side with one keyboard for them all. Should be an Awesome setup if I every get it completed. Hate unhooking everthing.

Sounds like an awesome setup. I would love to see a pic once you get everything hooked up. I was thinking about doing something similar but i decided to put that on hold for a little while.

LoopHole 11-27-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 290568)
I bought a really nice and fast (i7) PC just for eBay/Amazon.
That is ALL that that machine does.
I added a extra hard drive for all the vmWare files.
I have about 70-80 VM identities on that machine and I have had no issues.

i7 just for eb*y/amazon? I can't really see all that power used up by 2 websites.

Could you expand a little on what the VM files/identities are? Sounds really interesting. I will definitely Google search it. But your explanation will definitely help :)

LoopHole 11-27-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 290569)
I have this sitting in a corner of a room that isn't used in my house:

http://i42.tinypic.com/icl6ap.jpg

It's a cheap and very small dual core Intel Atom board that costs me about $75, and rest of the parts are from unused parts that I have lying around.

I didn't want to clutter up my main computers with a whole bunch of user accounts and whatnot, so everything is done on there via RDP. It also serves as a great media server and torrent box for all my devices around the house. I keep it on 24/7, and it consumes only about 30W of power at peak

That is actually pretty cool and is a great idea. Don't know that much about these but definitely worth researching when i find some free time.

Pringles 11-27-2011 11:39 PM

I dont like using my i7 desktop for ebay so i bought a netbook
I used my iphone and ipad a lot for ebay but recently sold my ipad

biggunn 11-27-2011 11:55 PM

Not yet, but it is definitely on the list. Comp is starting to suffer with so many profiles. :doh:

GreenBean 11-28-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 290553)

Just wondering how many of you actually have separate computers JUST for eb*y/pp purposes.

I have three in OZ.

One is a MAC. That only does the cream accounts.

Other two are the stealth accounts and remote access to overseas :suspicious:

GreenBean 11-28-2011 12:40 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__A0Nuvjtve...n-foil-hat.jpg

Worked well for the past 4 years :typing:

yotano211 11-28-2011 04:30 AM

I have 2 laptops that I use to sell on EB or Amazon. I use 1 for Amazon and it's my personal gaming laptop. I would use that one for everything but it's a 17 incher and too big to haul around.

My other one is an older core 2 duo HP elitebook that can take any punchment it takes. It is still kinda heavy for a 15.4 inch laptop but I want to downsize to a 14 incher for next year. So I can take it with me when I need to go somewhere or when I run off the battery.

The trick with slow downs with having so many profiles is by adding an SSD (solid state drive) hard drive. Normal mechanical hard drives to have to spin up to access any info you on on it. But SSD drives don't have any moving parts, it's like a big flash drive the size of 2.5 or 3.5 inches normal hard drives. Their read and writing timing vs mechanical hard drives is so much faster.

My gaming laptop has 2 slots for hard drives, 1 is a 160gb Intel SSD and the other is where I store all my info like games and movies. The EB selling laptop has another Intel SSD drive that starts up in 9 seconds.

I have 3 other laptops but I don't use those anymore.

rsot 11-28-2011 06:28 AM

Use sep ones for eb and az.

@BiN - so the comp is bare like that - no tower etc?

ben23 11-28-2011 07:42 AM

I don't see any use of buying a separate computers just for eb.
What I have is a VPS server with 2 dedicated IPs. It is a very cheap solution because I don't need too much RAM and cpu. Just to run ubuntu and firefox on it.
And off course if one account gets blocked I can change to another IP for the server.

BiN4RY 11-28-2011 11:05 AM

Yep, no need to have a tower since it will greatly increase its footprint

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rsot 11-28-2011 03:01 PM

Greatly increase carbon footprint - or e-footprint?

FandangoKango 11-28-2011 03:24 PM

I use the same netbook for everything and personal. I will be buying 2 one just for my stealth and the other for personal stuff. Don't want to take any chances in the future.

beaches 11-28-2011 06:33 PM

built 15 desktops
5 laptops

BiN4RY 11-29-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 290796)
Greatly increase carbon footprint - or e-footprint?

lol what??

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaches (Post 290871)
built 15 desktops
5 laptops

Just for eBay/Amazon? Why would you do that

Pringles 11-29-2011 09:32 AM

spelling error in thread name is annoying lol

seanws30 11-29-2011 10:35 AM

yes, i bought a laptop at officemax using ink recycling rewards specifically for stealth (and posting on here). cost me nothing!!