Any fitness gurus out there? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

The Jack3d is crazy pre-workout stuff...IF you do decide to use it, try small amounts to begin with. Its like taking 6 espresso's and really lives up to its name...literally!

I'm not a major fan of supplements but perhaps some Glutamine for post-workout.

Good sleep is also a must! Try n be in bed for 10pm/11pm and get 7-8 hours REM sleep.

For motivation, Ive personally found watching workout videos on dedicated forums worked best for me. Google "ronnie coleman" haha
I really would urge writing everything down in a log-book as it provides motivation. At leats do it for 1 month as habits usually take 1 month to form.

Use a weight which is such that on your 10th rep it becomes almost a struggle.
Light weight/many reps = conditioning
Heave weight/low reps = mass building
Write down the weight ur lifting n aim to increase gradually week-by-week by around 2-5kg

Decide which body type you fall into and do a google search on the types of exercise routines most optimal to you (ecto-, endo- and mesomorphs are the 3 body types)

Nutrition has been covered above. Id recommend good natural nutrition over supplements. Think of it as the fuel your body needs to move and GROW.
If you ecercise and dont eat adequatly, your muscles begin to eat themselves (autotrophic metabolism). So keep eating and keep in a HYPERtrophic momentum

Good Luck!
jamblix (12-20-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willkeelham View Post
Just do some reading on the fitness/bodybuilding forums though, I also like to throw in work on the heavy bag, boxing keeps you fit as well as lean!

You a boxer?
Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 80%

Well been hitting the gym for the past 6 years and recently a mate has got me into boxing, been boxing 4 months now and have my first fight end of this season, box 4 times a week and absolutely love it at the moment.

You box...? obviously into pumping the iron..? yeahhh buddddy....
Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

willkeelham.....boxnation,av you signed up for it.....
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Interesting Cortex - interesting.. You on the Jack3D?
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

RSOT: I got a tub and I used it a few times. Its as good as BSNs' NO Explode. I didnt really like it..made me super aggressive .. but it does do the job.

Instead I use it before any fight - gets me in the mood.

WILKHEELAM: Not really a traditional western boxer. I do Muay Thai (aka Thai Boxing) 3-5 days a week

11 Wins, 1 Draw, 3 Losses ... 4 TKO's

Last edited by cortex; 12-20-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2011

GTB... do you mean boxnation the TV channel.. if so i do have it on sky and do watch it ...do you box..?

Jack3D is really good but i rate NO-Xplode better... takes me to another level and makes me fly around the gym!!!
Old 12-20-2011

COrtex - fair play! That thai boxing looks nuts! I couldn't be doing with all the kicking!!! what weight class r u? how long you been doing it for..?
Old 12-20-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

no i dont box but i am a huge boxing fan

yeah i am a subscriber too..bit pi55ed that we have to pay £10 a month on top of sky bill

but suppose it is something special and theres nothing else like it in uk
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

WILK:

I fluctuate between Middleweight and Super Middleweight depending on the opponent/the tournament. I tailor my weight so I can enter either of those divisions giving me the maximum chance of winning a trophy...or the fight.

I been doing Muay Thai for 4 years now but been in martial arts for the last 21 years....done all sorts from Kyokushinkai, Wado-Ryu, Wing Chung Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do. Settled on Muay Thai coz its the most purest and most brutal martial art but its also steeped in a deep philosophy.

I usually spend 1-3 months in Thailand during summer holidays training and living in the gym with the local Thai's. My 3 losses were against Thais..they some bad-ass fighters. Other fights/tournaments I had were in Paris, Netherlands and Germany

Dont really watch boxnation, but i always keep up to date with the K1 tournaments and the Muay Thai fights shown on Thailands Channel 7 which you can find on the web and on youtube.

check this video out, 0:44 is my personal favourite of all time ;-) :

Last edited by cortex; 12-20-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-20-2011

wow respect, that looks absolutely brutal! I bet that training in Thailand is amazing - serious dedication that is!

I am still yet to become more didicated to boxing, finding it hard getting up in the morning before breakfast to do cardio, only manage once a week! I also find it hard to fit in weights training, boxing and the extra cardio, a 9-5 job, ebay and a GF! It's just getting into a routine i suppose!

So are you amature or pro..? Seems like u have had fights all over!
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Mate im in the same boat as you...minus the 9-5 job part but im a uni student with endless deadlines/exams.

All the fights/tournaments i've had have been at the amateur level. Not looking to go semi-pro anytime soon...its a whole different ballgame and i dont wana sign my life over to anyone. Our head trainer is the head-coach for the Great Britain Muay Thai squad so i know exactly what it involves.

Like someone said...it is a lifestyle...even a religion to some people at my gym. Gyms in Thailand are far more serious though. Wake up at 6:30am for an 8km jog is just the beginning! Over the past 2 decades I've come to realise that for some of us....its not a chore....its in our blood

Re: the original topic though, I think that doing weight training alone is kinda pointless in the long term. If it serves a purpose, like for martial arts then it gives you bit extra drive in the gym.

Re: supplements/weight gainers - i think these are a total waste of money. The "gains" you make are actually 90% water retention. So while you think your getting "bigger" its actually just H20 molecules binding with Actin and Myosin molecules in the muscle fibres. So...the down sides are obvious...your not putting on real lean muscle mass; you get a bloated look to your body and dont have any real definition/striations in the muscle and also once you stop taking the weight gainer, the water molecules unbind from the muscle and you go back to square 1 which will most likely lead to depression, reduced confidence, lack of self-esteem, waste of time and a waste of money. you can also make weight gainers yourself. PM me for recipies. Its mostly glucose/sucrose your paying for anyway

Getting a blender is an excellent idea - i hadnt thought of that. That'll be on my christmas list - thanks guys

Last edited by cortex; 12-20-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Don't forget your TKO loss to me cortex.
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

^^Yeah that punch to the head you gave me must've caused me memory loss hehehe
Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Now we talkin
Old 12-21-2011

Longevity: 72%

weight gainers are absolutley unecessary..cortex where do you train in thailand?

Ive also been training in thailand regularly for years now...for muay thai i recommend against jack3d, as its not meant for that type of high intensity cardio..remember using it a couple of times during training and found that you burn out very quickly...

Better to get some aminos in you during training like Xtend, which seriously improves recovery meaning your less sore and can train harder at your next session..

Jack3d however is probably the best pre-workout available, awesome for weight training and when doing consistent cardio, 10k runs etc..
Old 12-21-2011

Longevity: 84%

Banana smoothies usually work perfect for pre mid and post workouts, you could run 5 miles come back and drink up and head right back to the gym again.

I never take supplements greens and fruit give you all the energy you need, also too much cooked foods and meat will slow you down quite a bit
Old 12-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

~BENEYSY: Ni hao ma peng you / Satwadee krap! Chok dee!

I trained in a few gyms - first gym was Fairtex but i found it too "commercial"..and full to the brim with farangs like me :-) Only good thing was seeing the nak muays like Yodsenklai and Attachi (and Naurepol) in training.

Since then Ive spent most of my time divided between 13 Coins Gym and Porpramuk Gym...training alongside Saenchai sor Kingstar and of course, the legend himself, Buakauw Por Pramuk. Next trip Ill be heading straight for 13 Coins again and will try Sinbi Gym for a few weeks. Im from Europe so I was thinking to try a gym in Netherlands...Ramon Dekkers has opened a gym there.

Where did you train in Thailand? Ever see any fights at The Lumpinee Stadium? Did you watch the latest Kings' Cup Tournament?

Feichang xiexie ;-)

Last edited by cortex; 12-21-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2011

Longevity: 72%

Ni hao cortex, your lucky taining with buakaw/yodsenklai/narupol must have been awesome..yeh ive been to lumpini many times

actually the best gyms ive trained at are in phuket/samui/bangkok, ive been to tiger muay many times but its become overcrowded and very commercial now, though you do get to train alongside alot of the ufc guys..

Hear sinbi is supposed to be good, however down the road from tiger theres a little gym called dragon muay thai which has the best trainers ive come across mostly all ex lumpini champs...need to check it out if you do go to phuket..

Bangkok wise id say kaewsamrit has to be one of the best gyms, but much prefer training south in the tropics where the air is cleaner and your by the beach...koh samui WMC is also a great gym..

Training with rammon dekkers would also be good, you should check out remy bonjasky's place whilst your there...

If you need any tips before heading out to phuket drop me a pm..

Chok dee!!
The Following User Says Thank You to beneysz For This Useful Post:
cortex (12-21-2011)
Old 12-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Training in Phuket and Bangkok.
Old 12-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

You do Muay Thai as well RSOT?
Old 12-21-2011

All you need is a small bench and free weights. I've been lifting in my room for 2 years now and i get the same results as i would in the gym. Working out the legs is a bit annoying the in house but your still able to do it. Here is my routine:

Monday: UPPER BODY
Traps: 4 sets
Flyes: 4 sets
Bench: 4 sets
Abs: 4 sets until failure each time
lats: 4 sets

Tuesday: ARMS
Bicep: 4 sets
Tricep 4 sets
Rear/side/front deltoid: 4 sets each
Abs 4 sets until failure

Wendsday: Legs

Calfs: 4sets
quads: 4 sets
abs: 4 sets until failure

THURSDAY: DAY OFF

FRIDAY: START THE CYCLE AGAIN

To gain weight you need to eat a lot. I take whey protein to help. But i usually try to eat 2 jars of peanut butter a day plus my 3-5 meals a day. I also take a supplement called Jack3d. But that is not something you want to use as a beginner. You should have enough motivation as a begging lifter.

To answer your question is that a good routine, i must say it is not. What you are doing is more of a warm up. You will not see any good gains of muscle with these workouts. You might see small gains but these gains will be VERY small. After about a week you will be used to the same workouts you do it and your workouts will be only for endurance. To build muscle and gain mass you need to lift weights. There is no question about that.

Forgot to add. You might want to check out bodybuilding.com and go to their forum. Definitely one of the best forums online for body building.

Last edited by LoopHole; 12-21-2011 at 02:20 PM.