eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Travelling across the US / AUS? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/41142-travelling-across-us-aus.html)

Callidus 01-01-2012 04:10 PM

Travelling across the US / AUS?

Hi all..

Now I know there are lots of people that use this forum daily that are from all over the states etc but I wanted some information.

About 3/4 months ago I seriously started looking into how I could possibly start travelling around the states but I need to know a lot first.

Where are the best places to go?
What is the easiest type of work to get for young bodies travelling.. bar work?

or even... I was looking at AUS now I know a few people that went over to AUS but theyre not back so cant really get a feel for what they did.

Anyone with advice would be great.
Cheers

jamblix 01-01-2012 07:50 PM

I thought about this too but, it just seemed overwhelming with no money. I recently traveled to Bangkok, Thailand and Seoul, Korea. It lasted nearly 3 months and I did EVERYTHING. Not the same situation as you though I went there for vacation and had plenty of money no work involved at all.

I would start off in the West Coast, go to Sequoia King's Canyon National Park and check out the trees, most beautiful trees I ever seen. From there you can travel down to Los Angeles and San Diego. Then I'd go to Las Vegas and from there you're on your own I have no idea where I'd go from there. Probably stick to the south go through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and head to Florida. From Florida travel north to New York and end there.

For work and pretty much anything Craigslist will be your best friend tons of work there for young outgoing guys.

rsot 01-01-2012 10:39 PM

Solid advice from jambs. Bartending, waitering, other resto work - straight cash unless you secure working visa which seems hard.

Callidus 01-04-2012 05:23 PM

Yeh cheers for the advice guys.. a friend of mine has gone out to AUS and been there 3 months she loves it. Begging me to go out there.. think we know why ;) .. no all jokes a side would be a life changing experience. Hey, if Im setup in one place for a while if I decided to go to AUS could make my money on e Bay :)

yaBeh8ater 01-06-2012 08:07 PM

Be sure to stop by Area 51 !!

boltactionz 01-07-2012 03:08 AM

A few years ago there was this 18 year old guy who was traveling about the USA by putting up gigs on Craigslist. "Will fix your computer (build your website, etc.) in exchange for room and board."

He was pretty good, especially at Wordpress template designs. I cannot remember his blog name right now, but he did pretty good. I especially remember his restructuring a doctor's computers in her office.

Maybe the way to the money is just doing gigs via Craigslist. You could work for cash maybe?