Why do people think mail runs 24/7 no matter what? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 01-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Why do people think mail runs 24/7 no matter what?

I've received two "not received" claims on PayPal and a half dozen nasty "where is my stuff" messages. All from orders made 23rd, 24th, 25th... Half from overseas...

I know we live in a 24/7 instant society, but what on earth makes these people not notice holidays that pretty much shut down most of the globe?? Where do they even get the idea that shipping is a non stop round the clock go go go deal???

Every year its the same thing. I expect it, so no idea why it bothers me so much. I know its coming. I think the fact that they are so stupid that they actually think a package can be expected in 2 days over xmas is what bugs me. In my mind, even if you dont ship, you have to some how realize its not magic. Even if you are a complete simpleton....

end rant
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The ONLY thing that runs 24/7/365 are Absurd Buyer Expecations. Didn't you Know that?
Old 01-03-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I do expect this crap every year. Actually any holiday. But it always boggles my mind as to what makes them think this. Do they not notice they don't get mail on the holidays? Do they not notice most businesses are closed? Do they actually think that for some reason their package will continue to move even though everything is closed??

It takes all my will not to send them a nasty message pointing out just how stupid they are. But naturally I cant. I have to apologize for national holidays....

I dont even know how some people dont just lay on the floor and starve to death. They dont have the capacity to think, let alone feed themselves
Old 01-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Sympathise with you totally. I've had my fair share of this over the last two weeks.

I picked up a negative feedback from a guy in the US. Purchased item on 21st December, left the neg on 28th stating how disappointed he was that he had not received the item before Xmas. Thankfully he revised after much grovelling and apologising by me.
I apologised on behalf of Royal Mail, US customs and USPS. I think he realised at this point what an utter tw@t he'd been.
Old 01-03-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
after much grovelling and apologising by me.
This is what I hate so much about eBay. I never get this kind of stupid crap on my website. But eBay, all the time.

I can not stand begging for forgiveness because grass is green and the sky is blue.....
Old 01-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

The detailed star rating for shipping time should say

"enter the star rating accurately so the USPS can use this information to help improve their service to customers"

Its just sucks to know that the only place to complain about slow shipments it through a seller's rating.

People should post their concerns and complaints but there is NO reason for it to be on a sellers reputation.

What better cheaper way to get that much info to help out a business model? Info like that would be so expensive they should take it and run with it.

You should see what a consult company wants for obtaining this much accurate information pertaining to their services.
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Folx still would not understand even if shipping times are beaten into them.
Old 01-05-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Its funny once I sold a signed original Alien One poster and could not be bothered to send it and the person never chased me for it I have since added signaturs to it and keeping it now! £90 for nothing!
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
even if shipping times are beaten into them.
Its in my description top, middle and bottom. In bold red. Its also emailed to them after purchase... Doesn't matter. The kind of person that thinks delivery is 2 days is the same person who doesn't read anything anyway...

I have had a couple buyers in jest reply to my email saying they seen the delivery time the first 4 times. But its not the 90% that get it. Its the 10% that dont. And then have a sh!t fit when its not there the next morning.
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Yeah and those 10% left is all it takes to hose up an account for good with a few low dsr's. Something has to change.
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
This is what I hate so much about eBay. I never get this kind of stupid crap on my website. But eBay, all the time.

I can not stand begging for forgiveness because grass is green and the sky is blue.....
Seriously, for next mad season, close your best accounts B4 the holidays.
Buyers are like some users here, gimme gimme, I demand the right for you to do that.

We closed our main sellers. Result: bliss. No dings, no nasties.
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Every year I say "not again"... But the sales are just too high to overlook. It doesn't feel like it at the time, at all, but its worth the grief.

And I'm always under the train of thought that if some losers burns the account so be it.

I dont have a dozen accounts running at once so its all in. Thats the way I like it.
Old 01-05-2012

Longevity: 73%

just keep in the back of your head that the USPS is still considering cutting out a day of service to save a few million since they are broke. wait till that nightmare hits and buyers can figure out why they didnt get there items an hour after they paid.

what makes me curious, is do these same idiots buy stuff from drugstore, walmart, target, or any of the other 500000 big box retailers online and have the same cray shipping expectations
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I do as much buying online as I can. Almost everything. I have packages coming every day from small retailers and the monsters. NOTHING comes in 2 days. No idea what/how/where or when these people think they will get stuff as fast as they do. And these are always buyers with dozens of feedback at least. So they are not new....

Its simple, eBay lets them be abusive, so they are [The small percentage that is]
They use the item not received in PayPal as a way to get sellers "attention". I have had many eBay buyers file a beef with PayPal after a few days and send me a note "I will remove this when I get item"... Just taking advantage of the system
Old 01-05-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I do as much buying online as I can. Almost everything. I have packages coming every day from small retailers and the monsters. NOTHING comes in 2 days. No idea what/how/where or when these people think they will get stuff as fast as they do. And these are always buyers with dozens of feedback at least. So they are not new....

Its simple, eBay lets them be abusive, so they are [The small percentage that is]
They use the item not received in PayPal as a way to get sellers "attention". I have had many eBay buyers file a beef with PayPal after a few days and send me a note "I will remove this when I get item"... Just taking advantage of the system
those are the same buyers that take 3 days to pay then wonder why the item isnt in their mailbox the next day
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yup. ONLY on eBay. I sell 20x as much on my site and get 1/50th of the silliness....
Old 01-05-2012

Longevity: 75%

what really get me is that the dsr rating related to postage states - mark for dispatch time
Dispatch time to me means how long it took me to get off my ass and post the item - NOT how long it took royal mail/usps or ems to deliver it.
Even when presented with proof of the date of postage (within 24 hours including saturday), they still can't grasp the meaning of that term - DISPATCH TIME - is not delivery time.
Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAHappyBunny View Post
Dispatch time to me means how long it took me to get off my ass and post the item
When they first rolled out that in the DSR I knew immediately it would get confused with delivery time. And I am not even sure it was an accident on eBays part. It was their way to have shipping time in there without using the term. They have no problem putting pressure on a seller to have items delivered as fast as possible. A buyer gets his crap quick, he comes back to eBay. He waits 4 weeks, he wont. This was, like everything else, twisted to benefit the volume of sales and thus fees for eBay

They could never come right out and announce to sellers they were going to be on the hook for mail delays....
Old 01-09-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Pod, I call these people "professional buyers" and they are out to be forceful and demanding.

I am seeing a huge increase in this.

For instance, I sold an item that was to be shipped first class mail.

She bought the item on Jan 1 and paid Jan 3. She sent the "item not received" message with "Where is my item that I paid for?" question.

I explained that the item was shipped first class and from me to you should take 5 days or so.

Of course she comes back and said I needed it for this weekend and had I known you ship that slow I would not have bought the item.

I checked the tracking and I actually shipped it on the same day she paid. Had she paid right away it might have got to her in time.

Amazing how these people think.

I also have one who tells me that I am responsible for the items delivery from me to them and should be on the phone making sure the item is being processed quickly through USPS. When I told them once the item is shipped the seller has no control of the box. She went nuts saying that under ebay rules the seller has the responsibility to make sure the shipping goes well, quickly and to make sure it is received by the seller so you can leave feedback.

Ebay has created some little monster buyers.