eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Greatest Heavyweight boxer of all time (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/46370-greatest-heavyweight-boxer-all-time.html)

Thankful 05-16-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 341944)
Attachment 501

Bonus points for identifying this boxer.

Balrog the boss :P

GTB 05-16-2012 03:47 PM

ballrog wtf lol

balrog the boxing bada$$

rsot 05-16-2012 03:49 PM

Impressive - both of youse so far :) Props on spelling correction :thumb:

Sandy D 05-16-2012 03:50 PM

Joe Fraizer

Then
Ali
Foreman
Lewis

Tyson I wont count because he was a powerhouse who had the world by the butt and his psycho ways and racist remarks over the years made me dislike the idiot more and more.

Sugar Ray was never a heavyweight I do not think.???

GTB 05-16-2012 03:58 PM

yup..tyson was and still is a nutcase

sugar ray was welterweight to middleweight

unbelievable fighter

moneyhustler88 05-16-2012 08:49 PM

lol bill goldberg..wait hes a wrestler lool :dance:

slapped 05-16-2012 10:05 PM

Top 3 Heavyweights

(1a) Rocky Marciano
(1b) Muhammad Ali
(2) Joe Lewis

Most Underated of ALL TIME:---------------------Larry Holmes

Larry was an EXTREMELY Accomplshed Boxer, that NEVER got his Just due,,,I think it was because He Defeted an Aging Ali,,and that he was simply Vilified for it,,,His Championship Reign came After Ali's who MANY Already Believed was "The Greatest" of all Time

As for the Best,,,,,

VERY, VERY, Close,,,Rocky, although Small, EXTREMELY Powerful With BOTH Hands as CLEARLY Shown in this Famous Photo VS Jersey Joe Walcot:

Rocky Marciano v. Jersey Joe Walcott The Punch Modern Second Generation Photograph 2000-6536

The One thing that Marciano had that set him FAR Apart (IN My Opinion) was his HEART,,,He simply would NOT Quit, EVER!!!,,NON STOP Pressure, until his Opponent Broke,,,

Rocky Marciano was the Only Undefeated Heavyweight of ALL Time, That speaks VOLUMES,,He even Defeated Joe Louis, Louis to his Defense was Old when they fought (37 Yrs)

Muhammad Ali was simply Lightning on 2 Legs, INCREDIBLE Stamina, his ability to Take a Punch was Uncanny, However, Ali Did however have SOME Trouble with FAST Powerful Punchers Especially Left Handers, who applied Constant Pressure as CLEARLY Evident in his Bouts with, Joe Frasier, Ken Norton, and Ernie Shavers,,Ali Did not React to well under Constant Pressure which inhibited his ability to "Dance" as Clearly shoun in his Bouts with Jimmy Young and Leon Spinks,, Ali had NO Problem WitH SUPER Powerful SLOW Punchers Like George Forman

Rocky Marciano Defeted Ali in a Computer Simulated Fight a Long While back

The Experts Disagree with me a little,,,Here is what they think:

Heavyweight Greats Rating Chart

In My Opinion They do NOT give Rocky the Credit as to just HOW MUCH MORE HEART he had over ANY Other fighter in History

they_screwed_me_too 05-17-2012 08:30 AM

SLAPPED

very knowledgable opinion is that

im a fight film collector have about 10000 fights going back to Jim Corbett (first boxing match ever filmed)

Larry holmes was avoided his just due (mainly for the fact he slept with hundreds of white woman and also beat ali (as he would when they were both in their prime)

i think marciamno was the best until the 80s but then they got BIG can you imagine marciano v klitchco

GreenBean 05-17-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 341869)
he could indeed

i fancy GB over ali too lol

how are you bro

Yeah right :rolleyes:

Both southpaws

:fight: :fight: :fight:

Rope-a -dope

Knee the opponent in the ghoulies

Instant disqualification

But the bar steward is down :lol:

GTB 05-17-2012 08:52 AM

aye slapped knows his stuff

didn't think about rocky marciano

our very own david price will soon rule the heavyweight division

you will see....olympic bronze medalist...a giant of a man....can take your head off with out trying....down to earth...a northern boy.....very sensible individual

i expect big thangs:bounce:

rsot 05-17-2012 10:21 AM

As a follow-up to Balrog: the theme song in all MIDI glory:

slapped 05-17-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 342131)
SLAPPED

very knowledgable opinion is that

im a fight film collector have about 10000 fights going back to Jim Corbett (first boxing match ever filmed)

Larry holmes was avoided his just due (mainly for the fact he slept with hundreds of white woman and also beat ali (as he would when they were both in their prime)

i think marciamno was the best until the 80s but then they got BIG can you imagine marciano v klitchco

Im also a Fight Film Collector with Thousands of fights on 8mm film, (Which I Recently had transfered to DVD,,,Expensive as Hell)

To get a Better Idea of the Pressure Marciano applied, As well as the Punishment he Took, watch his Fights against, Roland Lastraza, Billy Conn as well as Jersey Joe Wallcott,,,NEVER Once did he stop moving FOWARD

they_screwed_me_too 05-17-2012 11:49 AM

yes the guy had heart ill give him that

and im in the opinion that anyone can beat anyone on any particular day

however i base my lennox theory on 4 things

he is the lineal heavyweight champion

hes avenged all defeats

and ive looked at him against the other heavyweights and i can really see noone standing up to him

hes got/had everything (though some would say a suspect chin_

they_screwed_me_too 05-17-2012 11:52 AM

ive got 2000 on dvd

and 8000 plus on vhs video tell me about expensive :-(

Sandy D 05-17-2012 12:28 PM

Is Holyfield on anyones list?

He beat Tyson and pretty much ended his career.

they_screwed_me_too 05-17-2012 12:32 PM

hmmm holyfield is up there

great warrior

but was better as a cruiser weight IMHO

ditto for michael moorer

slapped 05-17-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 342198)
Is Holyfield on anyones list?

He beat Tyson and pretty much ended his career.

They cannot all be there,,,Sooooo Many Great Heavyweights in History,,,Jack Johnson,,Jim Jefferies, Jack Dempesy,,,Gene Tunney,,and MORE

And MANY More Great Fighters in other Weight Divisions,,,Sugar Ray Robinson,,Sugar Ray Leonard, Jake LaMotta, Marvin Hagler, Even Roberto Duran was one of the Greatest Pound for Pound Fighters in history, he too was VERY Much Maligned and Vilified

Sandy D 05-17-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 342239)
They cannot all be there,,,Sooooo Many Great Heavyweights in History,,,Jack Johnson,,Jim Jefferies, Jack Dempesy,,,Gene Tunney,,and MORE

And MANY More Great Fighters in other Weight Divisions,,,Sugar Ray Robinson,,Sugar Ray Leonard, Jake LaMotta, Marvin Hagler, Even Roberto Duran was one of the Greatest Pound for Pound Fighters in history, he too was VERY Much Maligned and Vilified

I remember Buster Douglas kicking someones butt but cannot remember who he beat about 20 years ago.

He looked promising but then faded away.

Who do you guys think was the biggest punching bag of all time.

Thinking his name was Gerry Cooney or something?

slapped 05-18-2012 01:37 AM

Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson,,Which only showed just how weak Tysons Jaw was, and how susceptible he was against a Stiff Jab,,,Fighters like Ali, Norton, Holmes, Frasier, Forman ALL would have Beaten Tyson Senseless

As for Punching Bags,,,God there were so many of them,,Mac Foster,, Alfredo Evangelista, Richard Dunn, Rudi Lubbers, Willi Besmanoff are a Few that come to Mind,,,a few of the Better Known Known Bums are Jerry Quary, Chuck Wepner, Gerry Cooney (Go Sandy), Pinklon Thomas, Trevor Berbick, Buster Mathis, Just to Name a few,,

they_screwed_me_too 05-18-2012 08:47 AM

was tyson who douglas beat

there are a few that took some knuckle lol

duran was totally awesome

i remember his 3 fights with the sugar man with the infamous "no mas" rematch

my favourite pound for pound fighter of all times was the motor city cobra tommy hears

beautiful and exciting to watch

audiosoft 05-23-2012 08:35 PM

Has to be legendary Ali.