eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Websites will be protected from prosecution so long as they identify trolls (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/47430-websites-will-protected-prosecution-so-long-they-identify-trolls.html)

SUVE 06-12-2012 07:29 AM

Websites will be protected from prosecution so long as they identify trolls

UK Websites Will Be Forced To Identify Trolls
UK Websites will be protected from prosecution so long as they identify trolls

Websites will be legally obliged to provide victims with the identity of people who post abusive & defamatory online messages about them under plans by the Government.

Major reforms of the libel laws will also see internet service providers (ISPs) given greater protection from being sued if they help to identify so-called trolls.

Would-be claimants will have to show they have suffered serious harm to their reputations, or are likely to do so, before they can take a defamation case forward.

It comes after a mother who was targeted by online trolls won backing from the High Court to have her tormentors' identities disclosed.

Nicola Brookes faced "vicious & depraved" abuse on Facebook after she posted a comment supporting former X Factor contestant Frankie Cocozza when he left the show last year.

"What they're saying is, enough is enough of this cyber-bullying & abuse that's going on, on websites like Twitter and Facebook" he said.

The power to ask for anonymous identities to be revealed are intended to give individuals an avenue of redress should they be subject to defamatory comments online.

The idea is to enable people to approach 'offenders' & seek out-of-court settlements or other mediated resolutions.

BBC News - Websites to be forced to identify trolls under new measures

moneyhustler88 06-12-2012 11:00 AM

wow lol a sad day for trolls lol :violin::dance:

SUVE 06-12-2012 11:18 AM

Yes, it is quite a dramatic step forward, the social media is being policed to an extent.

I am not sure if it will work 100% entirely as intended as there are ways to stay off radar if you know what you are doing...

By the way, you will be in very big trouble now if you be horrible to me lol :tears: :rolleyes:

ps: I hope you are well young man.
:ballchain:

MM78 06-12-2012 11:31 AM

SUVE, mean to you? Neva, your FIT! LOL.

SUVE 06-12-2012 11:44 AM

LOL !!! :faint:

oh I am flattered.

I try & stay humble.....:humble:

=}-