Obama wins nom! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 06-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Obama wins nom!

Since this wasnt posted yet i thought i would. I remember a number of people on this board are obama supporters.

Obama 08!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

yeah i wanted him to win, i hate h-Clinton, id love to chuck an egg in her face.
best of luck to him, i think he'll do well, stick it right up clinton, stupid plastic face ......
Old 06-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

I seriously hope he's not forced to drag Hillary along. But I doubt it. The way they slaughtered eachother during the race there's no way she could get onto the ticket.
Old 06-04-2008

If Obama wins, America loses.
If Clinton wins (defunct), America loses.
If McCain wins, America goes on a worldwide war spree, but might have less Supreme Court Justices who think the Law is their pet social engineering project.

That leaves Ron Paul, but with zero mainstream media coverage he has zero chance.

Good luck USA.
Old 06-05-2008

Longevity: 98%

Here is how to fix America's national debt and solve illegal immigration problems at the same time:

Give all companies that routinely hire illegal immigrants huge fines in the millions or billions of dollars (depending on how rich the company is). Then it won't be profitable to hire illegals anymore and the national debt will be paid off.

When the illegals are gone, the many homeless citizens will be able to get jobs.
Old 06-05-2008

Longevity: 95%

1 thing I do like about McCaain.. he has a Plan for the 100MPG cars..
Has anyone seen some of the prototypes?
Google under Cars of the future...
Old 06-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

The illegal immigrants isn't the problem. America was built by immigrants, so they should at least be given a chance if they are willing to work. If we start talking about throwing out immigrants, we may as well throw out every European-, African-, Asian- and other descendants and give the land back to the Indians. Which isn't going to happen.

And the economy isn't in the basement because of the immigrants, because $3,800 are spent every second in Iraq - and that since over 5 years. From that money, you can build a nice school every few minutes and a modern new hospital every few hours.
Old 06-06-2008

It would be nice if Ron Paul wins, but I doubt that he can.
Old 06-06-2008

Whew. Politics can be tough on us.

We have two terrible choices, neither are exactly good candidates, both have weaknesses that hurts everyone.

Just my opinion...

Obama has allot of issues, talks very well, very educated but has not accomplished much of anything in his life to be able to use that to help America. His poor judgement of character also is a minus for me.
His wife and his church are racist who hate whites with or without money.
Sure he talks good things and is putting out the message to those who are struggling, but I can tell you that all of his ideas will cost lots of money and the only way he can pay for it is raise our taxes, he already wants to double capital gains taxes, he wants to choke large businesses which give us all better paying jobs. He want to repeal all the last tax cuts.

Americans who are working are paying to much taxes now, we dont need more taxes, we need more people paying into the tax base. His robinhoof approach scares me, he wants to penalize those who have done well and hand it to those who have not. Not right at all.

McCain, dont agree with him on illegals or other issues but I do know he will stand up against anyone who will attempt to attack us or hurt us in any way. Although he is not perfect he is the better of the lesser of two evils.

Lets not forget what the Presidents main job is, Commander in Chief of our armed forces and he is overlay qualified for that.

Illegals are a major problem, they work for less, work for cash and although many do work hard that is not the issue.
They are taking good paying jobs away from those who want to work hard. Again, not paying into the tac base is killing us. They are sucking our schools and hospitals dry, bringing diseases we have not seen in years. They are a large part of the reason we are heading into a recession, they are using more of of money and uses and infastructure then they are paying for.

Sure our country was built on immigrants, but they were different immigrants, they came to America to be Americans, these illegals dont want to be Americans, they want to be illegals forcing themselves on us and our ways.

I agree above, if you are caught hiring illegals make them pay bigtime, millions if not billions, it will soon stop. We need to stop this before it goes to far which I think it might already be.

We all have opinions, we all have come from different backgrounds, we all have had our ups and downs in life, but its time to think about how we fix this mess we are in and who is best to fix it.

We need a strong military in this world of today, not a lesser one like Obama want to do. We need manufacturing jobs, not tech jobs, we need to go back to the industrial revolution that made us a power and give people good paying jobs with health care etc.

We need border controls, stronger schools, better healthcare system, our infastructure is falling apart and needs fixed, we need more manufacturing jobs instead of service jobs or tech jobs, we need to steel mills in Ohio, Pa, W Vg to be rebuilt, we need to stop the importing of any car until we get control of our own car manufacturers.

If we need it we need to build it.

We need to drill our own oil and tell the saudis where to go. Stop protecting the white faced owl and drill it. This itself would turn the economy around.

If any company leaves America for Mexico, slap them with huge tariffs to keep them from leaving. Hershey Chocolate just shut down an entire plant to make candy bars in Mexico, I would hit them with a tariff so large they couldnt afford to send them back here.

Realize that we are being taxes, insured and force to pay for things we do need or need little of. Prices are uncontrolled, by goodness my insurance on my house is ridiculous for never filing a single claim on my homes ever.

We all like our candidates and others who are not running, but for me my choice is who will protected us first, fix the economy second, build better schools, unite us instead of divide us so we can together fix the problems we are having.

We are weaker divided and cannot accomplish anything this way.

I want to be protect first, the rest means nothing if we are not. So my money is going to McCain on this one.

Sorry for long rant. Its just my opinions and is not meant to disagree or agree with anyone else.

We all know we are a divided country and there is only one way to fix it, roll up the sleeves, rebuild our manufacturing jobs and it will fix itself if we can all work together instead of apart.

** Congress needs to be held more accountable on a daily basis, they are voted in by us to work not sit around and do nothing, if you dont work and help America out you go. We need to know exactly what they are and are not doing.

Ebay Sucks
Old 06-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
It would be nice if Ron Paul wins, but I doubt that he can.
yeh it would be good if Ron paul wins. his removing the federal reverse!!! that means no more inflation, lower taxes and i mean by like 50-75% , no IRS and very low interest rate when you loan money for a home for example. heres more on Ron Paul

Ron Paul on the Issues
Old 06-07-2008

Quote:
Here is how to fix America's national debt and solve illegal immigration problems at the same time:

Give all companies that routinely hire illegal immigrants huge fines in the millions or billions of dollars (depending on how rich the company is). Then it won't be profitable to hire illegals anymore and the national debt will be paid off.

When the illegals are gone, the many homeless citizens will be able to get jobs.
It doesn't work like that. Whoever ends up in office, U.S. will still have a s***load of problems, illegal immigrants aren't as huge of problem as Oil, National Debt, or even the current War. Our next President better have a great plan to "fix" or at least help our economy...in all seriousness, illegals are just a small scratch compared to our economy. I still don't see how people are so selfish and focus on kicking the illegals, I think it was 3rd grade where we learned about the history of the U.S., maybe these people need a review.
Old 06-08-2008

Kicking the illegals would be a huge mistake, many of them are people who want to improve their condition, fill their kids' stomach... We are human being and as human being we cannot send them back from where they came, that would be immoral.

One of the solution nobody's talking about is to stop using our cars everytime we go somewhere, walk instead! It's healthier and better for environement.

The army's also a big problem, the money put in the military is weakening the country, not helping protecting it. What people don't see or don't want to see is that the US has lost the war against terrorism. They have succesfully destroyed the economy and without a strong economy everything is bound to go downward. That's kind of funny when you think about it, a bunch of guy living in a few cave thousands of miles from the US have succesfully destroyed the world's most powerful economy!

No country's immortal, every empire in the history have fallen and the US won't make exception.
Old 06-08-2008

If Ron Paul's idea of no income tax passes, how will the US get its money then?
Old 06-08-2008

Quote:
If Ron Paul's idea of no income tax passes, how will the US get its money then?
well you got to look back into history back about 200 years ago and see they they funded the government. the reason Ron Paul is removing no income taxes and the IRS because there is no law that says you need to file an income tax. another reason is that the federal reverse is owned by private bankers. the government borrows money from the private federal reverse at INTEREST. all the tax money collected by the IRS goes to pay the interest created by the federal reverse. watch "zeitgeist" part 3 on youtube for more information.
Old 06-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazcorp View Post
Kicking the illegals would be a huge mistake, many of them are people who want to improve their condition, fill their kids' stomach... We are human being and as human being we cannot send them back from where they came, that would be immoral.

One of the solution nobody's talking about is to stop using our cars everytime we go somewhere, walk instead! It's healthier and better for environement.

The army's also a big problem, the money put in the military is weakening the country, not helping protecting it. What people don't see or don't want to see is that the US has lost the war against terrorism. They have succesfully destroyed the economy and without a strong economy everything is bound to go downward. That's kind of funny when you think about it, a bunch of guy living in a few cave thousands of miles from the US have succesfully destroyed the world's most powerful economy!

No country's immortal, every empire in the history have fallen and the US won't make exception.
I love rational posts.

And I agree about the current war situation and the money being spent on it...biggest mistake of the century. Our economy is going down the drain, experts themselves see no change in the near future.
Old 06-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazcorp View Post
The army's also a big problem, the money put in the military is weakening the country, not helping protecting it. What people don't see or don't want to see is that the US has lost the war against terrorism. They have succesfully destroyed the economy and without a strong economy everything is bound to go downward.
The funny thing is, not the terrorists destroyed the economy, but the US destroyed it themselves by expanding the war on terror to Iraq. Think about it, the US military in Iraq (and only for being in Iraq) costs $3,800 every second. In 30 seconds you've got a new elementary school from that money.
Old 06-10-2008

It seems the only thing all posters agree on is the War in Iraq is a disaster :D
Old 06-10-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Good stuff, I like this.

Nice post ebay-sucks, good read!
Old 06-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

Ron Paul 2008 For the win!
Old 06-11-2008

Ron Paul FTW!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008

so you support the Iraq war and the foreign policy which is weakening the US dollar, high interest, high taxes rates, pay taxes where there is no law that says you have to pay taxes and soon or later collapse of the US economy? because thats where your heading if you support Obama. Obama is just another puppet like Bush and Hillary Clinton.

Last edited by Modee; 06-12-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavaja View Post
so you support the Iraq war and the foreign policy which is weakening the US dollar, high interest, high taxes rates, pay taxes where there is no law that says you have to pay taxes and soon or later collapse of the US economy? because thats where your heading if you support Obama. Obama is just another puppet like Bush and Hillary Clinton.
I think you're confusing Obama with McCain. Obama wants to withdraw from the Iraq. McCain wants to stay for 100+ years. Now you tell me, what's cheaper? Withdrawing or spending $3,800 per second for 100 years? Let me make the calculation for you (if my calculator goes that far)...

$3,800 x 3,153,600,000 seconds (100 years) = $11,983,680,000,000.

That's almost $12,000 BILLION dollars that McCain feels the US can afford to spend in Iraq the next 100 years. Now you tell me, where is that money better used. In Iraq or in the US?