eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Olympus MASD-1 MicroSD card reader for USB transfer ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/50292-olympus-masd-1-microsd-card-reader-usb-transfer.html)

diamonda 08-31-2012 10:44 AM

Olympus MASD-1 MicroSD card reader for USB transfer ?

Olympus camera went kaputt today. The microSD card it came with has images on it I want to transfer via card reader/usb to my pc (not only eb photos, other personal ones too). The memory wasn't big enough, so like most people I bought a few XD picture cards to use inside it instead to give me more space for photos.

I already have a card reader/USB adapter for the picture card which looks like this:
Integral USB Memory Card Reader Writer

BUT, nowhere can I find a card reader/USB adapter for the ORIGINAL "Olympus MASD-1 microSD attachment" yellow memory card that the camera came with, which looks like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-MASD-1-adapter-microSDHC-xD-Picture/dp/B00170S7MK
Are these available anywhere? Do they even exist?
Searches have brought up nothing, only the yellow MASD-1 card itself, OR the card reader>USB adapter for XD Picture cards.

slim jim 08-31-2012 02:10 PM

why not just get a microSD reader? that yellow card is simply an adapter where the microSD goes into. i had one of those for my old olypmus tough camera (excellent camera).

diamonda 09-01-2012 07:37 AM

Thanks for your reply: that's the thing, microSD card reader look like this and read cards like this:

Elecom introduces new MicroSD Micro USB Card Reader

Nowhere can I find a card reader with USB plug-in that reads these yellow MASD-1 card with that little pointy yellow bit that comes up in the middle (see second link with photo of yellow MASD-1 card)

BiN4RY 09-01-2012 04:13 PM

Then buy a XD card reader

slim jim 09-01-2012 05:09 PM

why would you need an adapter for that yellow reader? all it does is hold an sd card, it is not a memory card itself

Burning 09-02-2012 01:20 AM

Bah, I originally had an Olympus camera four-five years back. Man, that Camera was crap, had to go back one time during the warranty period for repair, and a second time after the warranty ran out. I had one year extended warranty through my credit card. Camera was a lemon I tell ya. It broke a third time after the extended warranty ended.......it's now collecting dust. Went back again and again for the same problem.

I bought a Cannon camera, and have yet to have a problem with it. Been more than two years with it.

diamonda 09-03-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim jim (Post 372790)
why would you need an adapter for that yellow reader? all it does is hold an sd card, it is not a memory card itself

ahhhh, so it's reading that little tiny black thing INSIDE the yellow SD card?
I had no idea- technology not one of my strong points- so thank you very much for pointing this out (assuming I've interpreted it correctly!)
I think I have, as there ARE card readers>USB available for these tiny black cards within the (already tiny!) yellow MASD-1 card.
I actually had no idea the two were detachable and you could remove the tiiiiiny black memory card from the yellow SD card (have never had a reason to, assumed the yellow card itself was holding all the data).

Burning: I agree. This olympus camera was the first olympus I had after previous different make broke, after lasting years and years. It was top of the range then- it actually still is and sells for a lot- bought only three years ago for a small fortune, already had a few problems over second year, now exactly three years on and it's properly gone kaputt no chance of repair etc. Like you I'm done with olympus and will stick to another make I've used previously with no probs.

slim jim 09-03-2012 02:23 PM

yes it will be that simple. what you will need is a microsd card reader and your problems have vanished. for the record i loved going to the beach with my olympus tough camera and recording underwater. what i was recording i don't know but it was pretty cool