No wonder they get copied - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 09-13-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
You are crossing two sides of the equation here. Of course business is about maximizing profits. That has nothing to do with a product being overpriced. Overpriced means that, as a normal consumer, I can find an equivalent product for much cheaper in price and perform the exact same.

Unfortunately, once a product crosses over into the fashion world of retail, its resale price no longer has a limit of what's considered affordable. That's where Dre took it. It's no different with Ap.ple or any other exorbitantly overpriced product now. You are no longer just paying for the physical labor or parts the product consists of, you are simply paying what that market deems as acceptable and what the manufacturer knows you are willing to pay to be "different", "trendy" and "exclusive".

It's great for the business, but a massive waste of money for the consumer that is much better spent elsewhere. But, people will continue to be ignorant. I just want to be lucky enough to catch and ride one of those silly brainwashing waves...
I can see your point, but you are coming off as that 14 year old kid who thinks they are "retarded", because he either doesnt have them or cant afford them. And I say that because I know multiple peoples children who have them, and personally I dont think it was the greatest idea for several reasons. I then know other peoples children who dont have them and dont have the desire to have them, and they could easily go out and buy a few pairs as if they were going through the fast food window.

On a different subject....Not be racist, but take a look at all the people who are standing outside at 2am to get a pair of the newest jordan shoes. It isnt people with money, a job, life, and goals......

Last edited by AmazonStealth; 09-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
I can see your point, but you are coming off as that 14 year old kid who thinks they are "retarded", because he either doesnt have them or cant afford them. And I say that because I know multiple peoples children who have them, and personally I dont think it was the greatest idea for several reasons. I then know other peoples children who dont have them and dont have the desire to have them, and they could easily go out and buy a few pairs as if they were going through the fast food window.
I am totally lost at what your point is here. Your argument is that I think they are "retarded"? That makes absolutely no sense and is not at all what I said. They perform fine, just overpriced.

With your last comment, please don't try to make this any kind of pissing contest about who can and can't afford a sorry a*s pair of $150-$400 headphones. Not only is that a completely baseless and ignorant argument, but a large number of successful steal.thers on this forum could easily afford that if they wanted. This includes myself. But, see, I invest in my business where the more money I put in means the more money I will make. My house as well as others here is full of laptops, desktops, multiple tv screens/monitors, MiFi boxes, dongles, cell phones, etc. All of those make my business grow and cost 100 times the price of your "retarded" headphones.

Now, get back on topic with the rest of us.
Old 09-13-2012

I didnt say who can and cant afford them. I was stating that most people who complain about materialistic items is because the want them, dont have them, cant afford them, etc. And a majority of people, not all, who actually have them shouldn't for many obvious reasons.

Overpriced to you may not be overpriced to others, hence why they sell without issues.
Old 09-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post

Overpriced to you may not be overpriced to others, hence why they sell without issues.
sorry but they sell just like other things because people have no value of a dollar. that is the ONLY reason there is a market for such a thing. it is like jordan sneakers, most people who buy them can not afford them
The Following User Says Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012

Longevity: 73%

I have a number of sellers right now that are putting studio beats online and they are doing amazing! No neg. feedback on the phones to date. Not cheap price but more than worth it, sound is great. A note about the buyers though: the only nreg questions we get after purchase is why don't they work? THEY TAKE BATTERIES lol
oh and there is an on switch too.
They do reach a difficult crowd though, one that hates waiting for them to be delivered and happy to open claims within five days of purchase.
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

AmazonStealth, your post number 23 did not make literal or logical sense in lieu of the flow of conversations previously - that post was off tangent somewhat, especially the 'retarded' remark.

unkown5454 (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012

Maybe I didnt explain it very well, but every post below me, reiterated what I said.