eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Anyone buying some iphone 5s? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/50817-anyone-buying-some-iphone-5s.html)

mcjerjer 09-14-2012 11:29 AM

Anyone buying some iphone 5s?

Who's gonna line up, preorder them to resell? I'm trying to think if it is worth it considering that the online preorder is now sold out, and will ship 2 weeks later. Is that still enough time to turn a profit?

I guess we have to see who gets it when, across the world.

WasTopRatedThenBanned 09-14-2012 11:32 AM

Whats funny is the iphone 4 is now 0.99.
Reason why its funny? We bought the iphone 3 17 days ago for 0.99.
Called at&t last night for the exchange :D

mcjerjer 09-14-2012 11:34 AM

LOL nice! I ordered a few on the Apple site, unlocked, without contract. Been stuck with contracts all my life, never again...

WasTopRatedThenBanned 09-14-2012 11:38 AM

I really can not justify our contract. We are paying $50 more.

AmazonStealth 09-14-2012 11:43 AM

The biggest mistake most people make when it comes to selling online is buying the hottest current item......

My advice would be to hold onto it and ether put it up on eBay/Amazon mid December. Better yet stick to craigslist, and post it mid December.

Red X 09-14-2012 11:45 AM

Cricket will have the iphone 5 for $399 & $499 on September 28th off Contract via Prepaid. In the near future they should be able to be flashed to Verizon/Sprint, so in the end it saves money.

I actually preordered a Quad Core iphone 5 Replica running on top of Android 4.0 with custom IOS 6 rom, theres another one that even runs Siri, because I have a thing for good quality clones (my habit).

mcjerjer 09-14-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazonStealth (Post 376565)
The biggest mistake most people make when it comes to selling online is buying the hottest current item......

That is true. But it is an apple product after all...sad to say this, but they are basic instant sellers :s

I use an S3 myself, and don't plan on using iphones anymore. Androids just do so much more for the same price. I used to have a 4S, but this S3 just blows my mind!

unkown5454 09-14-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red X (Post 376568)
Cricket will have the iphone 5 for $399 & $499 on September 28th off Contract via Prepaid. In the near future they should be able to be flashed to Verizon/Sprint, so in the end it saves money.

I actually preordered a Quad Core iphone 5 Replica running on top of Android 4.0 with custom IOS 6 rom, theres another one that even runs Siri, because I have a thing for good quality clones (my habit).

Goophone. I am still waiting for this la.w.su.it they keep talking about.

Red X 09-14-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 376570)
Goophone. I am still waiting for this la.w.su.it they keep talking about.

Theres the GooPhone I5 thats Dual Core, and a more expensive one thats QUAD Core, theres also another iphone 5 clone called ThunderBird I5 (A little more powerful clone), and the clone with Siri hasn't released yet.

They may win this lawsuit. China seems to side with their own kind when it comes to lawsuits, Apple has lost a lawsuit against a smaller company In China. The same could happen to them when they are sued by Goophone.

Also Samsung & HTC will be suing Apple over LTE patents. Samsung owns a little more than 27% of LTE patents. What goes around comes around.

baloch 09-14-2012 11:58 AM

it is great to see new phones coming out but I think apple should expand its market and make lower and higher end phones to attract a greater audience.

There is no point in preordering the iphone 5 cause in just a few weeks it will be on sale everywhere so you can test it out and decide to stay with the 4 or go for the 5.

mcmx 09-14-2012 11:59 AM

****iPhone 5

:doh:

unkown5454 09-14-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baloch (Post 376573)
it is great to see new phones coming out but I think apple should expand its market and make lower and higher end phones to attract a greater audience.

Then you make yourself look like any other regular low end company. They are not trying to be Wal-Mart.

They are a luxury brand and luxury brands have no need to advertise to cheap skates. You aspire to buy their products, they don't aspire to your broke a*s low income lifestyle.

Red X 09-14-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baloch (Post 376573)

There is no point in preordering the iphone 5 cause in just a few weeks it will be on sale everywhere so you can test it out and decide to stay with the 4 or go for the 5.

You will get your wish this Fall if they release the ipad mini.

While everyones talking about Apple, check out something different called the Wikipad, the gaming tablet from GameStop that will have Darksiders 2, and other console games out of the box instantly for $499.99, releases this Halloween.

Wikipad for Android | GameStop

Gamefreak 09-14-2012 12:50 PM

I preordered 2 to resell.. Gonna make a quick 1200-1500 bucks easy!

BiN4RY 09-14-2012 12:56 PM

lol Americans complaining about their cellphone contracts

At least you guys don't have to deal with extremely overpriced plans and 3 year contracts

mcjerjer 09-14-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 376584)
I preordered 2 to resell.. Gonna make a quick 1200-1500 bucks easy!

Who are you planning on selling these to? UAE? Rest of Asia other than Singapore/Hong Kong (21st release date)

I preordered 2 as well.

AmazonStealth 09-14-2012 02:00 PM

This is no different than every other hot item. Market becomes flooded, and your profit goes wayyyy down. Add fees, shipping, insurance, etc, and by the end of it all, it is not worth it. The only exception to this is doing it on craigslist, which is tax/fee free.

From personal experience, when the Wii came out, I bought a dozen of them and sold them on ebay and made like 5K or so after all the fees and crap. I then bought a few more batches, and my profit was wayyy higher selling directly on craigslist.

Once, again I can not stress enough, sell them 2 weeks before Christmas. People become desperate and will pay anything.

unkown5454 09-14-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 376588)
lol Americans complaining about their cellphone contracts

At least you guys don't have to deal with extremely overpriced plans and 3 year contracts

You not know about companies like Wind? I know there are others, but they have top of the line cell phones and all prepaid. On top of that, you guys share all the same frequencies we have here in the USA. So, any phone that runs on our networks also runs on your's. Importing unlocked phones and staying out of contract is easy. You have your options too, don't complain.

unkown5454 09-14-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazonStealth (Post 376600)
This is no different than every other hot item. Market becomes flooded, and your profit goes wayyyy down. Add fees, shipping, insurance, etc, and by the end of it all, it is not worth it. The only exception to this is doing it on craigslist, which is tax/fee free.

From personal experience, when the Wii came out, I bought a dozen of them and sold them on ebay and made like 5K or so after all the fees and crap. I then bought a few more batches, and my profit was wayyy higher selling directly on craigslist.

Once, again I can not stress enough, sell them 2 weeks before Christmas. People become desperate and will pay anything.

As the years go by, this idea of flipping these devices to other countries who aren't as lucky is all but over. Now everyone gets the phones at the same time. So, I think some people need to really think about it before going crazy thinking they will make a few thousand dollars over night.

Also, I am as strong of a supporter of CL trading as you are, but these products are now highly targeted by thieves and people traf.ficking coun.ter.feit money. You have to be much more cautious than you had to be when CL was first introduced. Apple products are among the most highly targeted for both.

AmazonStealth 09-14-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 376605)
As the years go by, this idea of flipping these devices to other countries who aren't as lucky is all but over. Now everyone gets the phones at the same time. So, I think some people need to really think about it before going crazy thinking they will make a few thousand dollars over night.

Also, I am as strong of a supporter of CL trading as you are, but these products are now highly targeted by thieves and people traf.ficking coun.ter.feit money. You have to be much more cautious than you had to be when CL was first introduced. Apple products are among the most highly targeted for both.

I dont ship any of my items outside the USA, so I cant comment on other countries, but as far as craigslist it is pretty much just common sense for high priced items....

-Have a counterfeit pen with you
-Go to a populated located
-Have someone with you if possible

I typically only sell items on craigslist that are of high value, and never had ran into any issues. It all comes down to common sense, being smart, and being able to know if something is fishy or too good to be true.

mcmx 09-14-2012 03:20 PM

LoopHole 09-14-2012 04:08 PM

I absolutely love my iphone..... wouldn't change it for any other brand phone.... but to be honest from 4s to 5..... there isn't much difference.... just faster and little changes like interfaces and maps.... not really worth my money...

They need to step it up and come up with something new and innovative... I hate how slow our technology upgrades......