Getting back on Amazon - DL# requirement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 06-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Getting back on Amazon - DL# requirement

I see a lot of people talk about amazon as the haven from eBay - amazon really is just as bad as eBay if not worse. And we have not even found a solution yet. Even if you have an active account you should not take it for granted - it could be closed any day just as with eBay.

Those of us that had it suspended by the Alliance Program still have not found a workaround for creating a new account. Aspkin has thought about creating a section in the forums for amazon but unfortunately didn't do it. Many of the guys here underestimate the volumes on that site, especially if you are in the book business.

Anyway, I read someone post "it's so easy to get back on amazon.". It's not. Amazon only accepts Amazon Payments and to register for Amazon Payments it's not enough having a new bank acct, ip address, CC, etc.. It also requires your Driver's License.

I found only one post asking for help figuring out a workaround for this one. The answer was to get a new DL in a neighboring state. Now this seems like a pretty poor solution for volume sellers like many of the posters here. In any case if anyone knows what exactly amazon is able to verify when they have you DL # and state please let us know. That would make one a sitting duck if they are able to pull your name with it.

I saw a post by an amazon employee on another website that mentioned that you do not need to enter you DL# and SSN if you register for a business account. I am not sure what other info you would have to submit but here is what's mentioned on the Amazon Payments website as requirements for a business account registration.

Type of ownership (individual, corporation, non-profit, and so on)
Business category (the types of items you sell)
Sales venue (Amazon.com, your own website, and so on)
Date your business was established
Estimated transaction volume per month
Average transaction amount
Customer service e-mail address & phone number

So the main problem is the DL #. I also do not remember from registration if it requires a SSN or not. Please post if you know.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I'm still thinking about adding an Amazon section, if there is enough demand for it I will. I haven't really seen it come up but a couple random times.
Old 06-19-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Getting back on Amazon - DL# requirement

I just signed back up for Amazon myself this week, and with a Pro Merchant account they did not ask for a Drivers License or Social. I am waiting the two weeks they supposedly verify banking information before I spend hours listing items, just to be taken down.
Old 06-20-2008

Longevity: 91%

I was suspended from amazon but was able to get back on as a seller. I had changed service providers to a local tower internet provider and set it up in my wifes maden name with all new contact info. I have sold three things and used my new bank account to accept my payments.
Old 06-20-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
Ive recd the initial takedown from Am, but after like 30 days-got back up again..
Old 06-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

What caused the takedown, and how did you get back up?

Last edited by Modee; 07-05-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2008

Longevity: 94%

I have been taken down and then tried to create a new account just like I would a new ebay but they linked the accounts and suspended me again as soon as I listed something (listed diff items than 1st account)

They never asked for a SS or DL so im not sure how I was linked, only thing is I did use the same computer so I tried it on someone elses computer that doesn't use Amazon and ive created the account but im waiting the 2 weeks to list.

I didn't use Amazon for long but the sales were incredible compared to eBay in my experience.
Old 11-14-2008

Longevity: 89%

Please open a Amazon forum
Old 11-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

i've read that selling on Amazon is harder than ebay, is this true?