eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Nightmares with 3 network uk - Cannot cancel sim contract. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/57580-nightmares-3-network-uk-cannot-cancel-sim-contract.html)

albaniansniper 03-08-2013 05:04 PM

Nightmares with 3 network uk - Cannot cancel sim contract.

Few days ago i went ahead and got a sim deal contract with the 3 network, (iN three store)

So,I went out happy saying to myself that I got a good deal. Now when i got home i found out that i could not share or tether my mobile internet with my pc.

Damn I can't accept this!!!

So, I picked up the phone and did call 3 network and told them that I want to cancel my contract. They said why? ..and i told them the reason. iN the end they said to me to go back to three store so they can cancel for you. ok!

Went back to three store they said they cant do it. Only costumer service can.

Here I go again, went to call 3 but only thing they can do for me is to pay my remaining 12 months fees if I want an early contract termination.

my answer was there is no way that I will pay 11 months fees,I said I will only pay for one month fee, the rest of it I am not.

Now I have just cancel my direct debit with them.

My question are?
1) I'm I allow to cancel my sim only deal in 14 day time frame?
2) Now that I have cancel my direct debit what can they do to me?

Where do I stand on this matter?

Advice or suggestion would be appreciated!
Many thanks.

oompaloompa 03-08-2013 05:13 PM

follow some online forums on this, there may be a way round, what is stopping the tether? Does it give error message? These sims can maybe go in a dongle and in to laptop that way. I had a data add-on micro sim that I got as an extra booster, was not supposed to be able to use it other than in a phone, but I placed it in dongle and it was fine.

they chase you on the contract, eg debt collector letters...

GreenBean 03-08-2013 05:40 PM

Go to their FACEBOOK page and ask about it. Dont give all the stuff you posted here.
Just the basics of the deal is misleading because you can not tether etc etc. How can you get help etc etc

Did you give them a direct debit or standing order for payment? Check that carefully.

They can be troublesome to allow cancellation of contracts. But it can be done.

albaniansniper 03-08-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 429644)
follow some online forums on this, there may be a way round, what is stopping the tether? Does it give error message? These sims can maybe go in a dongle and in to laptop that way. I had a data add-on micro sim that I got as an extra booster, was not supposed to be able to use it other than in a phone, but I placed it in dongle and it was fine.

they chase you on the contract, eg debt collector letters...

I have take in a screenshot of the error I get.
Having said that after all this fight I don't want it anymore the damn sim. Just want my right to cancel the damn thing in the first place:doh:
Screenshot down below!
http://s17.postimage.org/jngvvx5yn/S...8_22_36_24.png

GreenBean 03-08-2013 05:45 PM

You are going to have to fight hard to get anywhere with this company. Their customer service does not exist.
Twitter them as well
:peace:

Mutant 03-08-2013 07:33 PM

Lol my girlfriend can't tether. 3 are idiots

You are in trouble unless you pay off the contract.

Use your home router and reset the IP

oompaloompa 03-09-2013 09:00 AM

like I said google it, there are various bypasses that 'may' work, eg. softwares.

or act within the 14 cooling off period.

or tell them the store guy said you could tether so mis-selling and need to switch to tether plan free of charge.

basically you have cancelled the direct debit, so they are not getting any money, if you speak to someone higher up, it is in their interests to deal, as right now they are getting zero....

Mutant 03-10-2013 10:27 AM

Can you try user agent switcher?

You basically trick your web browser into thinking your using a iphone

albaniansniper 03-10-2013 12:02 PM

Tethering option is out of my interest now,because i already ordered a home broadband, but the question is,how to cancel the contract without paying the 11 months fees.

I don't want to be in bad credit list ether when I go with a different service provider. Its a tricky one though.

The 12 months contract is not that much (less then £13,monthly cost) anyway but I don't like their attitude towards costumers and the fact that I was miss leaded in the first place.

Thank you to everyone for your input so far.

GreenBean 03-10-2013 06:40 PM

Outline what you have done so far.

Include date of purchase ( for a time frame).

:spy:

jjohnson777 03-11-2013 08:51 AM

In US have few days to get out of most contracts. On cell phones its 15 to 30 days.

chrisfo 03-11-2013 09:14 AM

Send them a letter saying you want to cancel your contract.

Give them all the details of your contract, your reason for leaving them and feedback of what you think of their customer service. Make sure you tell them you know your rights! You know that they have to respect the 14 day calling off period.

Makes sure you send this letter recorded delivery and make sure you have a copy of this letter.

They should then cancel your contract and pay back everything you have paid for. But please do check 3's terms and conditions, because sometimes if you have got the phone with the contract you may need to send that back with the letter.

Johnson1 03-11-2013 11:57 AM

As far as I am aware there is a 7 day cooling off period in the UK and this is covered by the distance selling regulations. This covers items or services bought by telephone or over the internet, not in a store location.

This following is information from the WhatConsumer site:

"Contracts are, by definition, legally binding, therefore it’s difficult to cancel without financial penalty unless you can prove breach of contract. In many situations however, such as buying goods from shops, you are able to cancel the contract and get your money back. But unless the goods are faulty, this is not an automatic right, and you must refer to the individual shop or supplier’s returns policy."

Having looked at the shops return policy it looks as though you are stuck with the contract unless you can show a breach of contract. In this case you made the assumption that you could either share or tether the mobile internet with your PC, which you couldn't.

These companies are very hard-nosed when it comes down to the money and unless you have something concrete they will not give up one penny unless they have to.

I think the only possible reason you could put forward is to say that the sales person told you that the device could tether with your PC. And this is the only reason you purchased the contract.

albaniansniper 03-11-2013 02:20 PM

It Looks like I'm going to keep the contract now because the whole thing is to complicate to pursue, and I'm over 14days already,but first of all, let this be a lesson for me and for anyone who is going to sign a contract with 3 or any other network.

Be very careful out there what you sign this days! Also take all the time in the world to ask all the question before signing a contract. Remember,you are dealing with the devils,and not your mate.

Thank you,for all your input.

rsot 03-11-2013 02:42 PM

If you use a cc as part of your contract, you can cancel with your company and use the cc company to back you up - if you are on an automatic payment plan...a trick of the trade

jjohnson777 03-11-2013 03:31 PM

That's why get no contract service. Not as good but usually cheaper in long run.

Johnson1 03-11-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 430385)
If you use a cc as part of your contract, you can cancel with your company and use the cc company to back you up - if you are on an automatic payment plan...a trick of the trade

All that will do it stop the payment method not cancel the contract.

Not the brightest trick of the trade in the box.

albaniansniper 03-11-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 430385)

Canceling the credit card its easy! I have already done that but that doesnt solve anything. Even if I through away the sim card and not used it at they will still chase me to get their fat cat money. I have not time for that or going through courts etc. Got lot going on as it is.

Big lesson to be learnt for next time now. :amen: