eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Are you more considerate when buying stuff online? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/58826-you-more-considerate-when-buying-stuff-online.html)

Gamefreak 04-11-2013 01:49 AM

Are you more considerate when buying stuff online?

So are you as a seller buying something from another seller more considerate or are you like those demanding buyers?

story

I find myself being the bad guy wanting to leave a lot of sellers bad feedback for their slow processing/delivery. When I buy from sellers on ebay I make sure I ONLY buy from TRS so I can expect speedy handling and delivery time but ive been let down again and again by those sellers. They claim to ship but they dont actually ship they simply print labels.

PS I dont actually leave any feedback but I always want to just becuz I should expect more from these sellers, no?

So questions stands.. thats how I feel, how about you guys?

rsot 04-11-2013 04:45 AM

I put myself in a logical buyer`s position...I read the listing completely, I asked educated questions and I expect good service. I can tolerate delay if a seller communicates but if the seller is lazy or comes up with weird excuses...I leave very appropriate feedback.

Communication is very important both from the seller and the buyer.

yotano211 04-11-2013 04:57 AM

I also do the same thing like rsot, I check the handling time. If the package arrives within the handling time that the sellers put down, I leave good feedback. After they were honestly about handling time.

I know sellers print labels everyday so it makes people think, "oh good, my stuff is on the way". But you also have to figure that these people have lives and only very few people sell on eBay full time. As long as it doesn't come 1 month later, I am happy. But when it comes to buying shipping supplies, I go butt wild with shipping speed. So I only look for shippers within the same state or states right next to me.

GreenBean 04-11-2013 07:19 AM

I actually try to avoid ebay buying unless it is for feedback fodder for all of the above reasons.

I do not need the cr*p of some seller having issues getting my item to me. They can tell their sob story to another buyer. I would not wish sobs stories on any seller.

Now, amazon is another matter. That I enjoy heaps. Just seems a real cut above ebay's buying dramas. Had few issues on amazon.

:typing:

slim jim 04-11-2013 07:36 AM

I buy a lot from ebay. I have no problems pushing a seller's buttons if it need be. I know that I have the advantage as a buyer but I will only use it if the seller thinks they are slick or not taking care of the situation. I recently got an item that was partially dented in and was missing a part they said was included. This item was over $500. It was still usable so i wanted it. I told the seller very nicely about the problem . They said the shipping was my problem and I should open a claim with usps and that they had a picture the part was included so also my problem . I opened a case requesting $75 to repair it and replace the part. I got it. I do not feel bad

And I only leave negative feedback should a person take my money, not ship and force me to open a case to get my $ back. Even the person above did not get one.

Gamefreak 04-11-2013 12:49 PM

I see, interesting responses. I try to stay away from ebay buying and do 99% of my buying on amazon where I have had nothing but good experience so far.

slim jim 04-11-2013 04:20 PM

I have tried but it seems that with what I'm buying, people selling it on amazon never give you a deal. Does amazon have RSS feeds like ebay so you can get an update as to when new items are listed?

a.v.limited 04-11-2013 04:31 PM

probably not as get shafted so often as a seller

MM78 04-11-2013 06:17 PM

Myself I do buy on Ebay often and luckily I have not had a shady seller so far but I will keep my fingers crossed.

I think you as a buyer Gamefreak deserve the best service you can get as I'm sure you do for your customers.

I recently purchased a Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2) after winning the item I realized I wasn't going to have all the cash to pay so I contacted the seller and asked if I could pay in 2 days, they were super cool so I gave them excellent feedback.

golden_monkey 04-11-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 439250)
So are you as a seller buying something from another seller more considerate or are you like those demanding buyers?

story

I find myself being the bad guy wanting to leave a lot of sellers bad feedback for their slow processing/delivery. When I buy from sellers on ebay I make sure I ONLY buy from TRS so I can expect speedy handling and delivery time but ive been let down again and again by those sellers. They claim to ship but they dont actually ship they simply print labels.

PS I dont actually leave any feedback but I always want to just becuz I should expect more from these sellers, no?

So questions stands.. thats how I feel, how about you guys?

I only buy shipping supplies on e.b4y and the people i get them from ship slooowww as helllllllllll. the fast shippers have kinda crappy prices but i've found 2 sellers i buy from and they'll ship within one day or SO but after its in the mail its slow boat mode.... so i suck it up and know to order 7 days in ahead........ at 1st it pissed me off but the prices.. well i guess i can't b!tch so i just never leave them feedback instead of crappy feedback.

but im so used to them now i just leave some pos feedback like A+ or something cheezy hahah, its just not in my nature to be a jerk for no reason.

AmazonStealth 04-11-2013 11:42 PM

Karma.....

Gamefreak 04-12-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 439524)
Myself I do buy on Ebay often and luckily I have not had a shady seller so far but I will keep my fingers crossed.

I think you as a buyer Gamefreak deserve the best service you can get as I'm sure you do for your customers.

I recently purchased a Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2) after winning the item I realized I wasn't going to have all the cash to pay so I contacted the seller and asked if I could pay in 2 days, they were super cool so I gave them excellent feedback.

I do expect the best service that is why is purchase from TRS. they are suppose to give you superior service that is why they get high search ranking than everyone else. I mean if I want crappy service I will buy from a crappy seller with poor feedback but no I pay the extra money and expect better service.

I have a hard time leaving sellers negs but these TRS sellers ive been buying from CLEARLY dont deserve to have that TRS status and are ASKING for some honest negs

Futuremogul888 04-12-2013 01:14 AM

There should be no sympathy for the inept.

GreenBean 04-12-2013 01:16 AM

And yet....

and yet....

ebay and paypal exist

:ranger:

invince 04-12-2013 02:30 AM

As a seller you understand whether the other seller has done their job or is playing trick on you. For instance, when they provide a tracking number and is trackable, you know they have done their job, vice versa, they just fool you. And that's the situation you mentioned.
One day is okay, but if it's more than 2 days, they're bad, right?

So, no, no, nothing to tolerant to these sellers.

hazy 04-12-2013 03:33 AM

Simple, I treat others how I would want to be treated.

gtaforever00 04-12-2013 04:13 AM

I have bought countless things on eBay and I have been let down a few times. For the majority of the time, I got pretty decent service and shipping time. I leave feedback accordingly.

rsot 04-12-2013 02:35 PM

Amazon does offer a higher quality of service in general.

Sandy D 04-22-2013 04:24 AM

I buy a lot of items off ebay and always be nice to the seller until the item does not show up as promised or advertised then I get a bit testy.

I go out of my way to offer a product description and plenty of pictures to make sure all buyers know exactly what they are bidding on and when I get a piece of junk that was described as mint then I am not a happy camper.

Other then that I treat people with respect and expect it in return when I am purchasing something. Makes life easier.

rsot 04-22-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 439615)
There should be no sympathy for the inept.

Sounds like professional buyer thinking too hah :typing:

Sandy D 04-22-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 442760)
Sounds like professional buyer thinking too hah :typing:

Nope.

Professional buyers as I coined the phrase are actually very smart people.
They learn how to get something for nothing or for a discount and abuse the system to get it.

Cannot confuse them with stupid buyers.

rsot 04-23-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 442980)
Nope.

Professional buyers as I coined the phrase are actually very smart people.
They learn how to get something for nothing or for a discount and abuse the system to get it.

Cannot confuse them with stupid buyers.

Guess you missed my point a bit Sandy - professional buyers PREY on the INEPT sellers...sellers who dont do all the groundwork (i'm not saying the seller is bad but even a small flaw can be exploited).