eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Anyone try any of these? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/59267-anyone-try-any-these.html)

rsot 04-23-2013 05:33 AM

Anyone try any of these?

The Red Bull Editions. Wings for Every Taste.

Which is the best flavour? Smoothest taste?

Packattack12 04-23-2013 09:38 AM

Not yet - Saw them at target the other day and was temped, but I didn't go for it. They look awesome tho.

golden_monkey 04-23-2013 10:41 AM

you drink energy drinks? :doh:

rsot 04-23-2013 01:24 PM

Time to time sure - long drives but I have not tried these new flavours - I have used the Red Bull Zero thing - smooth taste...also Red Bull Vodka sure

Univerzal 04-23-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 443132)
Time to time sure - long drives but I have not tried these new flavours - I have used the Red Bull Zero thing - smooth taste...also Red Bull Vodka sure

Try the BLUE :thumb: w or w/o vodka :thumb:

rsot 04-23-2013 02:46 PM

Thanks Univerzal - friend brought the silver ed over - lime isnt bad

Univerzal 04-24-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 443155)
Thanks Univerzal - friend brought the silver ed over - lime isnt bad

Yeah the lime is good :thumb:

I would rate in a top 4:

1: blue
2: original
3: silver
4: red
5: sugarfree
U
(1: is the best :thumb:)

unkown5454 04-24-2013 03:54 PM

For $6, you could have tried all three already. Not doing too good with ste.althing lately eh?

Univerzal 04-24-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 443470)
For $6, you could have tried all three already. Not doing too good with ste.althing lately eh?

Who is comment for?

unkown5454 04-24-2013 04:54 PM

You said you already tried them, so guess.

rsot 04-24-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 443470)

Quite a nice logical move to tie Red Bull drinks with stealthing...

Props - I never do good with stealth...I never do bad either ha.

unkown5454 04-24-2013 10:21 PM

Just saying, it's what I did the other day when I first saw them come out. Bought all 3 and immediately realized they all sucked. The original is still the best and that's not saying much. All of my favorite drinks have since disappeared because competition in that market is insane. When Pepsi and Coke got into it, the little guys stood no chance.

rsot 04-24-2013 10:32 PM

I hear you unkown - what favourite drinks of yours disappeared?

hazy 04-24-2013 10:36 PM

I think original is the best tasting. IMO they messed up their image by being just as generic as everyone else offering different flavors. If anything they could have added ingredients. Protein edition (redbull gets you jacked), sex drive edition (redbull gets you hard), extra caffeine (redbull sends you to heaven), etc...

unkown5454 04-25-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 443601)
I hear you unkown - what favourite drinks of yours disappeared?

There were a handful in the beginning. The time when basically every company big and small were bum rushing the market to hopefully have their drink's popularity come out on top of everyone else and make hundreds of millions of dollars like Redbull.

Redbull just holds that nostalgia as the originator. I read the founder's bio some time back when he started selling the drink in the 1980's in his home country and it actually took a long time before it eventually spread like wildfire in countries like the USA.

As hazy mentioned, it is a bit disappointing to see them lower themselves to everyone else's level. While they certainly aren't my favorite, they have the money and power to remain that premium level product in their market and demand insane prices forever just like Apple. Everyone else created dozens of flavors to try and gain ground on Redbull's control of the market and now they suddenly take a step back to create mediocre drinks like every other has-been.

Two of my favorites who can be found in certain regions are Bawls Original and Liquid Ice. I have to order them online if I want them, but it's by the case and that's too obsessive and expensive for me to care about. 180 and Rockstar PUNCHED Citrus were two of the most recent favorites I have seen disappear. Before that was an incredible drink called 3Sum with 6% alcohol. It was the best tasting alcohol mixed energy drink I have ever tasted. It blew fourLoko and all of those other idiots out of the water because it was made with a decent quality and not complete malt liquor trash like all of the ghetto ones left on the market today. It also only came in 8oz like a normal energy drink. It was not geared towards hoodrats like the ones on the market today.

No Fear made a rare No Fear Gold for a limited time. It was amazing and mixed incredibly well with a flavor of Absolut I can no longer remember. There have been a few more favorites before that, but it feels like a decade ago and I can no longer remember them. All that is left is Pepsi, Coke and Redbull. A few of the ghetto and white trash drinks still manage to survive in the privately owned food marts/gas stations because of the clientele they are marketed toward frequent those places that are most often located in bad areas of towns.

I don't have a favorite I can just pick up in a store any more. I grab the AMPED drinks some times, but that's about it.

hazy 04-25-2013 01:04 AM

Whoa you just took it to a whole new level. Quite the stimulated beverage aficionado! I think the redbull founder recently passed away...I'm guessing heart attack... Do you want to see another success story, google the founder of 3 hour energy...1st year college dropout from India...now worth billions.

Oh yea I gave up on the red bulls altogether. Switched to capsule form stimulants...not very healthy but keeps me going in the gym and at work. I like them : )

BiN4RY 04-25-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazy (Post 443632)
Do you want to see another success story, google the founder of 3 hour energy...1st year college dropout from India...now worth billions.

Last time when I checked there isn't a thing called 3 hour energy

unkown5454 04-25-2013 01:33 AM

Don't you mean 5-hour? Either way, I don't believe in the stimulation most of these drinks claim to offer. Whether it be the carbonated or non-carbonated like 5-hour. To me, they simply taste better than the regular unchanged crap that has existed for decades.

It's all marketing strategy. Redbull put a new twist on an old idea and so did 5-hour. They were the first to market and they both still hold majority control in their respective sectors.

Now, since I have always felt I have some inexplainable immunity to caffeine since I was a kid, I always wondered if anyone would truly push the limits so I could see if I would ever actually feel any side effects with all of these bogus claims. Leave it to the fitness freaks to take it there. Redline has some insanely dangerous drinks I have seen and even the mysterious 7-hour drink I don't see anymore. These bottles literally have warnings like "Only take 1/4 or 1/2 every 6 hours" or something extremely sketchy like that mentioned in a handful of different ways. They can indeed spike your heart rate...first hand experience here and it's a scary feeling. It blew my mind that some of that stuff was even legal. I don't know who else is still making drinks like this, especially after these ridiculous stories coming out over the past year about kids dying from energy drinks.

It's all a bunch of nonsense. But, the media loves it and lawsuits erupt.

golden_monkey 04-25-2013 11:33 AM

rsot 04-25-2013 12:54 PM

Solid knowledge on the drink variety unkown - could draft up a document ha

unkown5454 04-25-2013 03:02 PM

I follow anything that has a huge money trail. One day I hope to create my own. Until then, it's a ste.alth life.

rsot 04-25-2013 03:13 PM

Creating your own...interesting...I was actually doing med research on it the other day - a viable plan for the future I was drafting up too - thinking along the same lines.