eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Traveling to London, Suggestions? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/59857-traveling-london-suggestions.html)

HunterStudios 05-10-2013 07:14 PM

Traveling to London, Suggestions?

Hey everybody,

I got accepted into a Study Abroad program and will be spending the summer in London. Does anybody who has been there or lives there have any suggestions of what to see, what to do, where to eat, where to party, what bars are good, etc?

I'd like to make the most of my time and I'm sure people have some great suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JamesNorth101 05-10-2013 07:23 PM

First thing, bring an umbrella :). As for the rest, there are literally hundreds of places to see, and thousands of places to eat. Have a look on tripadviser, they are somewhat more trailered to that sort of advise :P. Also the shadyoldlady's guide has some very unique places to visit.

GreenBean 05-10-2013 07:38 PM

Lucky you :thumb:

There are a few stealthers from darn sarf (down south which is where London is located).

Expensive city. Full of life, of course.

Easy to get around by using the Metro.

London is the sort of city where any visitor should have a great time.

If you use Facebook, look for sites about London there. Heaps, simply heaps, of places to visit.

Good Luck and have a great time.
:cheer:

oompaloompa 05-11-2013 06:53 AM

where are you staying, in central london or outskirts?

to be honest the list would be too long of bars and restaurants, chelsea, convent garden, the city of london area, etc....

to see, well it depends on your tastes, if you are in to history then you cannot go wrong, do not forget the outskirts, eg hampton court and windsor castle...etc

london at night is nice to drive through, all lit up are houses of parliament, tower of london, my fav bridges are tower and albert...

south bank has golden hynde ship and the globe theatre...

harrods is packed with tourists but good to see.

london has most parks of any city, so if weather is good, enjoy a picnic and a walk...

london has 3rd most billionaires in world (after moscow and NY) and most millionaires in europe....

I think westminster abbey and st pauls cathedral are must sees

look online for discount codes....

Ebayorbust 05-11-2013 10:58 AM

You'd be best staying as far out of the city centre as possible.

Edinburgh springs to mind. ;)

HunterStudios 05-11-2013 05:44 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been doing research and as you all said there are endless places to see so I am trying to figure out how to maximize my time. I only get 8 weeks there and I want to visit as much of Europe as I can in addition to London so my list is growing rapidly haha.

I am staying in what I think is Central London and will be interning in an office on the River Thames just to give you some idea of location. I already planned trips to Stratford, Kenilworth, Bath and Brighton.

I didn't realize there were so many parks so I am definitely going to check those out.

I appreciate the well wishes and suggestions! My list is growing by the minute it seems!

GreenBean 05-11-2013 05:47 PM

If that is the case, you are in a great area to see enough to be overloaded.

Once you are there, you will find plenty to do and realize at the end there was just not enough time.

Enjoy!!!!

:cheer:

Ebayorbust 05-12-2013 02:04 AM

Have fun.

London is a great city with loads to do.

GreenBean 05-12-2013 02:22 AM

Unless you supported Man City yesterday.....

:pound:

Bunneh 05-12-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 448313)
where are you staying, in central london or outskirts?

to be honest the list would be too long of bars and restaurants, chelsea, convent garden, the city of london area, etc....

to see, well it depends on your tastes, if you are in to history then you cannot go wrong, do not forget the outskirts, eg hampton court and windsor castle...etc

london at night is nice to drive through, all lit up are houses of parliament, tower of london, my fav bridges are tower and albert...

south bank has golden hynde ship and the globe theatre...

harrods is packed with tourists but good to see.

london has most parks of any city, so if weather is good, enjoy a picnic and a walk...

london has 3rd most billionaires in world (after moscow and NY) and most millionaires in europe....

I think westminster abbey and st pauls cathedral are must sees

look online for discount codes....

Have to agree with her on this one, some amazing monuments.

Although when i arrived i went to see buckingham palace and the London dungeons.
lastminute.com has a few attractions you can look at, although they are not always the cheapest on that site.

rsot 05-19-2013 08:00 AM

@Hunterstudios, another benefit is that its relatively cheap to travel around Europe with flights and train so make sure to go exploring

GreenBean 05-19-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterStudios (Post 448463)
. I only get 8 weeks there and I want to visit as much of Europe as I can in addition to London so my list is growing rapidly haha.
I appreciate the well wishes and suggestions! My list is growing by the minute it seems!

Use your time well then. Start looking at different sites that will give you the best value for your dollar and time.

Will you be travelling alone or with others?

:typing:

rio382 05-20-2013 04:49 AM

yotel provides hotel rooms that are like the inside of a lux yatch great when you have an early flight as the rooms are 2mins from the departures gate!! Just roll out of bed into shower and in 2 mins the lift opens inside the departures.
No expensive taxis,better than external located airport hotels and it charged by the hour. Used many times for early departures reccomeded!

Dont pat your pockets where you keep your wallet when you exit a tube/bus ect

Dont hold your mobile on show when you exit a tube or bus.

Buy a kubaton a wooden variety is just as effective for defence and run tactics from an attack.

Dont look at doggy characters in the eye or stare at people or stare at another mans women in a bar/pub.

Oh.. for sake of language never refer to a grown up afro-carib man a BOY its offensive for them and they do get crazy about it...OK man is cool but OK boy its a hair raiser..

Dont keep looking over your shoulder...

I have a rear view mirror that is stuck on my inside sunglasses and is used for my bike riding but useful when you need to look what is behind you when walking also.

ViewPoint™: The Adjustable Lens Mirror
CycleAware rear view mirrors for cyclists, commuters, rowers

rsot 05-20-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 450732)

Will you be travelling alone or with others?

:typing:

Getting a little personal :p you should visit him GB :yar:

GreenBean 05-20-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 450879)
Getting a little personal :p you should visit him GB :yar:

Copying you.

I am going to Canada with Sandy.

Just to see the bears and Stanislav

:brick:

rsot 05-20-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 450883)
Copying you.

Oh noz! You are from China! Copy copy!

Stan hosts wonderful tea parties :) tea and strumpets (great movie reference)