eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   What is your eBay work space like? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/61227-what-your-ebay-work-space-like.html)

Zero123 06-18-2013 05:53 PM

What is your eBay work space like?

Well,

I have a cramped space with a table in the corner and two computers sitting there. The table is filled with all kinds of crap and papers.

I get so cramped I hate working in this area and when I leave my wrists hurt from the position I am in with all the crap around me.

What is a setup I can use where my hands wont be hurting after, and I won't feel cramped up and hate working there. This way I can sit for hours at a time sifting through accounts, printing labels, packaging, etc. Without after 5 minutes wanting to move to a more open area and relax there.

Anyone care to share there setup?

JamesNorth101 06-18-2013 06:03 PM

I have a large desk that I made (flat panel solid wood doors drilled together with legs attached), a book shelf that stores all the files I ever use, and a second desk with a wireless laser printer/scanner, dyno thermal printer and PPI stamps.

Above the second desk I have selves that store spare printing labels, A4 paper and packing supplies. Across one wall in the room are about 60 draws that store all my stock. On the back of the door is a potal bag that everything is popped into when labelled, packed and PPI'ed.

One set of locked draws under the desk that I keep spare hard drives, spare laptops and and personal information in.

TV (xbox and laptop connected to it) on another wall, with a sofa underneath it.

Office is 9 meters by 6 meters approx.

Dmshark25 06-18-2013 06:05 PM

I have one room with just my computer and a comfortable chair but still get those pinch nerve feelings in my neck after sitting for a while. Sitting at the computer is the part I least enjoy. I do enjoy packaging and shipping. I have a nice room setup with a long table on one side where I bubble wrap my items and package and label and on the other side I have a lot of shelving around the wall with all my items all neatly organized

Sandy D 06-18-2013 06:05 PM

A second master bedroom turned into an office with 12 computers, chairs, a small refrigerator under one of the tables, shelving for the new items I sell, a photo area, dry erase boards on all the walls, sticky notes, a tv on the wall, a radio, my ipod etc etc.

Oh yea, my phone bank along one wall with phones plugged in charging waiting for my fav company to call me. NOT.

Daughter said my office looks like one of the computer rooms at school.

When family comes to visit this office is on lockdown.

They think I make websites for people!!!! :heh:

And we do get a lot of week long visitors for a free vacation living close to the ocean and having a pool.

What I do is private other then one daughter has her own stealth ebay and sells on it and does very well. She uses on of the computers for her stealth account.

Packing is done in the garage or at my warehouse depending on where the item is. Antiques and collectibles are done at the warehouse and new items are done here.

JamesNorth101 06-18-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 459951)
a small refrigerator under one of the tables,

I did used to have a small fridge, but the little buzzing sound it made was annoying beyond belief. I have now resined myself to walking to the kitchen to get something cool.

Sandy D 06-18-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 459955)
I did used to have a small fridge, but the little buzzing sound it made was annoying beyond belief. I have now resined myself to walking to the kitchen to get something cool.

The buzzing from my computers drives me nuts.

Piece of crap Toshiba laptop gets hot and the fan runs constantly.

Dont buy a junk Toshiba, gets hot and the batteries are useless.

slim jim 06-18-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 459957)

I used to hate this with my old laptop. Just got a new HP with 'coolsense ' technology. Finally I can hold the laptop on my lap without being annoyed and/or burned

BigCJ 06-18-2013 09:12 PM

I have my Asus, my drawing desk and my TV, cable combo around 15 feet from me. I alternate between accounts and finishing art commissions :D

slapped 06-18-2013 11:11 PM

Now That is the REAL Trade Secret,,,,I will never disclose how Im Organized,,,You will have to Kill me,,,I Know that some users here would Looooove to (Kill Me)

jeffweico 06-18-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 459955)

Now THAT is LAZY! You sound like the British answer to ME!
:pound:

jeffweico 06-18-2013 11:28 PM

slapped 06-18-2013 11:45 PM

Jeff,,,we are going to have to Change your User Name to: Fred G Sanford,,,thats S-A-N-F-O-R-D,,,and the G Stands for "Good God"

MM78 06-19-2013 12:13 AM

I just made my office inside Sandy's office since it's so huge!!!

css1 06-19-2013 12:19 AM

post pics! I'd post mine but it just looks like a workstation, a few printers, and my inventory is in the garage which I'm fixing up right now.

yotano211 06-19-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 459957)

Use a can of compress air and blow the air into the openings on the back or side of the laptop or any laptop you have. I am sure the dust is making the laptop hot. I run protein folding programs on all oh my laptops at 100% processor speed and my laptops never get so hot. I blow them once a week and every 5-6 weeks I brake down the cooling system to clean out the dust.

rsot 06-19-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 460014)
Now That is the REAL Trade Secret,,,,I will never disclose how Im Organized,,,You will have to Kill me,,,I Know that some users here would Looooove to (Kill Me)

Just step outside slapped - stop being a hermit - I have few snipers trained on your door but...we cant be kept waiting :mad2:...

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 460064)
Use a can of compress air and blow the air into the openings on the back or side of the laptop or any laptop you have. I am sure the dust is making the laptop hot. I run protein folding programs on all oh my laptops at 100% processor speed and my laptops never get so hot. I blow them once a week and every 5-6 weeks I brake down the cooling system to clean out the dust.

Protein folding programs...nice!

My work station is split into 2 locations - my apartment in one city and my house in other...nothing super elaborate

yotano211 06-19-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 460134)
Protein folding programs...nice!

My work station is split into 2 locations - my apartment in one city and my house in other...nothing super elaborate

I am in the process of finding and building a 64 core server folding farm. It means 4 processors on the same motherboard. I have the motherboard just need 2 more processors, I get them cheap and used. I run a program called BOINC.

Sandy D 06-19-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 460018)

LOL

Wow. I never expected this mess from you Jeff....

:nono:

Get it cleaned up NOW...

jeffweico 06-19-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 460064)

Yotano211, you are a good person! I like the fact that you run these programs when your computer is not in use. I do these types of things too as I never turn off my PC's and laptops. They might as well help do some good!

If you like the idea of helping to solve problems like aids, cancer, etc. and you don't have money to give, letting them send little packets to your PC so your processor can calculate and send back the results is a fine way to do it and it costs you nothing extra.

If, however, you normally turn your stuff off, then it would take extra electricity.

slapped 06-20-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 460133)
Just step outside slapped - stop being a hermit - I have few snipers trained on your door but...we cant be kept waiting :mad2:...

Don't you think I know that?,,,You see what happened to Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) In Rome Yesterday,,,Real Sad,,,

100HRWEEK 06-20-2013 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How it looks on Monday, and how it looks on Friday. Saturday and Sunday for cleaning lol. Pic is my actual work area.

Dmshark25 06-20-2013 03:47 AM

The best work area is when I'm laying In bed operating accounts with my iPhone making money laying down , got to love this job