Sarah Palin a redneck - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Send a message via Yahoo to flash2782

your info is wrong palin she said she put the plane on ebay .she never said she sold it on ebay .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash2782 View Post
your info is wrong palin she said she put the plane on ebay .she never said she sold it on ebay .
Which is misleading. Why would she say that she put it on eBay, but not say that she didn't sell it? Obviously it makes people believe that she sold it on eBay.
Old 10-02-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash2782 View Post
Actually, flash2782, if you had bothered to read my post, you would see that I never said that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Just a reminder: She didn't sell the jet on eBay. It was sold through a brokerage - for a loss, and not a profit, as McCain said. Palin was always careful not to say she "sold" the jet on eBay.
Again, if you can't back your smears up with facts derived from a credible source - and provide a link - please keep your comments to yourself.
Old 10-02-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

back off your not even from the usa . who are you to talk about what goes on here in the usa. i heard obama wants invade canada when he wins
Old 10-02-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 100%

Children, don't make me close this thread. We're all entitled to our opinions, *cough OBAMA FTW!

Carry on..
Old 10-02-2008

In fact, I was born and raised in Indiana. I served in the US Army and the Indiana National Guard for a total of 8 years. My entire family (I'm the youngest of 10 children) still lives in the US, so I certainly do have the right to my opinion.

In response to flash2782's cocaine "conviction", I put forth the following:

Quote:
First of all, Obama is hardly the first prominent politician to acknowledge youthful indiscretions involving illegal drugs. Fourteen years ago, Bill Clinton easily survived his discussions of smoking marijuana, and drew far more criticism for his dodgy, weasel-words regarding his experience ("I smoked, but I didn't inhale") than for his one-time exposure to the demon weed.

Al Gore also admitted to dope indulgence (and reportedly became a heavy user at Harvard, which may help explain the spectacularly weird workings of his mind) as did Newt Gingrich and John Kerry. George W. Bush refused to share specifics of his own drug experience beyond a general acknowledgment of a rowdy youth ("when I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid"). Still, he did little to contradict ubiquitous reports of his consumption of booze, marijuana and even cocaine.

If the American people managed to elect (twice) a stonewalling, wealthy frat boy from a spectacularly privileged family despite his reported involvement with illegal substances [George W. Bush], they will readily forgive (and even embrace) a mixed-race kid from a troubled background whose father abandoned him in his infancy and who wrote candidly, long before his presidential campaign, of his regrettable participation in the drug culture.

Obama suggests in his books that he used marijuana and "blow" to ease the pain of his ongoing struggle to define his racial identity, and that association makes it all but unthinkable that even the most ruthless political operative would attempt to make an issue of long-ago substance abuse.
ABC News: Obama's Cocaine Confessional Won't 'Blow' His Chances

I watched the VP debate tonight, and I'm saddened to say that Palin seems to have done well (not that I believed anything she said). Were all those terrible interviews simply a smokescreen?

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 10-02-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2008

Longevity: 98%

News at
Wave of House converts jump aboard bailout bill - Yahoo! News
Quote:
Black lawmakers said personal calls from Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama helped switch them from "no" to "yes."
Obama is going around and personally trying to convince people to steal trillions from taxpayers to give to rich billionaire CEOs.
Old 10-02-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 100%

I think the bailout is a necessary evil. Without it, the US economy would most likely collapse and we would all be in serious trouble. But that's just my opinion.
Old 10-02-2008

What is your point with the quote? McCain was calling people, too. It said so in the same article:
Quote:
Obama and his Republican rival, John McCain, phoned reluctant lawmakers for their help.
It's not like they were trying to hide that. Bringing race into that is inexcusable.

As for your comment on stealing "trillions from taxpayers to give to rich billionaire CEOs", Obama has stated clearly, from the start, what he wants included in the bill - no CEO welfare. And he got it!

I'll include this portion of the bailout bill (PDF file link) here, because it's a little difficult to read from the PDF:
Quote:
SEC. 111. EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE.

(a) APPLICABILITY.—Any financial institution that sells troubled assets to the Secretary under this Act shall be subject to the executive compensation requirements of subsections (b) and (c) and the provisions under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as provided under the amendment by section 302, as applicable.

(b) DIRECT PURCHASES. —

(1) IN GENERAL. — Where the Secretary determines that the purposes of this Act are best met through direct purchases of troubled assets from an individual financial institution where no bidding process or market prices are available, and the Secretary receives a meaningful equity or debt position in the financial institution as a result of the transaction, the Secretary shall require that the financial institution meet appropriate standards for executive compensation and corporate governance. The standards required under this subsection shall be effective for the duration of the period that the Secretary holds an equity or debt position in the financial institution.

(2) CRITERIA. — The standards required under this subsection shall include —

(A) limits on compensation that exclude incentives for senior executive officers of a financial institution to take unnecessary and excessive risks that threaten the value of the financial institution during the period that the Secretary holds an equity or debt position in the financial institution;

(B) a provision for the recovery by the financial institution of any bonus or incentive compensation paid to a senior executive officer based on statements of earnings, gains, or other criteria that are later proven to be materially inaccurate; and

(C) a prohibition on the financial institution making any golden parachute payment to its senior executive officer during the period that the Secretary holds an equity or debt position in the financial institution.

(3) DEFINITION. — For purposes of this section, the term ‘‘senior executive officer’’ means an individual who is one of the top 5 highly paid executives of a public company, whose compensation is required to be disclosed pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and any regulations issued thereunder, and non-public company counterparts.

(c) AUCTION PURCHASES. — Where the Secretary determines that the purposes of this Act are best met through auction purchases of troubled assets, and only where such purchases per financial institution in the aggregate exceed $300,000,000 (including direct purchases), the Secretary shall prohibit, for such financial institution, any new employment contract with a senior executive officer that provides a golden parachute in the event of an involuntary termination, bankruptcy filing, insolvency, or receivership. The Secretary shall issue guidance to carry out this paragraph not later than 2 months after the date of enactment of this Act, and such guidance shall be effective upon issuance.

(d) SUNSET.—The provisions of subsection (c) shall apply only to arrangements entered into during the period during which the authorities under section 101(a) are in effect, as determined under section 120.
Now McCain, however, said that he would not vote yes on any bill that included pork barrel spending. Well, this latest bill is loaded to the gills with deep-fried pork spending, and guess what... McCain voted yes.
Glenn Beck believes that McCain just lost the election.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 10-03-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

http://us.mc528.mail.yahoo.com/mc/sh...OPdIgbAN0PYxqs,
Old 10-03-2008

flash2782, I don't have a Yahoo User ID, so I can't go to your link. What was that link suppose to include?
Old 10-03-2008

Quote:
Quote:
Election 2008: Electoral College Update - September 18, 2008
Electoral College: Obama 193 McCain 189
Election 2008: Electoral College Update - September 27, 2008
Electoral College: Obama 200 / McCain 174
When “leaners” are included, it’s Obama 255, McCain 227.
Election 2008: Electoral College Update - October 03, 2008
Electoral College: Obama 217 / McCain 174
When “leaners” are included, it’s Obama 264, McCain 185.

Did somebody flush the toilet?
Old 10-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 3%

Did anyone else watch the debate last night and how Palin kept avoiding all the questions and switching to different topics? I thought that was holarious.
Old 10-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Of course, what else was she to do? When you have no idea about something, you need to talk about something else or you'll end up looking stupid.
Old 10-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Of course, what else was she to do? When you have no idea about something, you need to talk about something else or you'll end up looking stupid.

HAHAHAHAHa. I guess its pretty obvious she has no experience. How is she to be a VP?
Old 10-03-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Wow, anyone notice that the ratings were way up for this debate compared to McCain and Obama?

Personally I think Palin did a much better job in the debates than the couric interviews. I think she works better at being live and debating.

Nothing new with Biden, I think probably the reason people tuned in was for Palin. He did actually better than I expected, but I think Palin was more engaging.
Old 10-03-2008

I just watched another interview with McCain (YouTube) with the Des Moines Register Editorial Board where he keeps insisting that Obama wants to teach sex education to kindergartners.

Well... I finally got tired of hearing this and decided to investigate it, myself. That's the best way verify information, you know. Don't rely on the media (especially Fox "News") to shovel the truth.

Now, McCain has said that the information is on his website.
Quote:
I'll be glad to provide you -- we have the documentation. I'll be glad to provide it to you. Now, you may not accept that documentation. We have it and we found out it's true.
I decided to go look there for it to see what it says. I had a hard time trying to find it through the normal navigation of the site. You would think it would be listed under "Obama Facts" or something like that. Failing to find it, I decided to employ some of my Google-Fu: site:johnmccain.com "sex education". Okay... now we're cooking. A lot of mentions of the Obama "quote". But I'm thinking this isn't the full story. I do some more searching and find out that Alan Keyes was the first one to attack Obama with this "fact". So I apply a little more Google-Fu: Alan Keyes obama Sex Education. And look what I see on the third search result:

FactCheck: McCain Ad Falsifies Obama Education Record | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
Newsweek, huh? Are they biased? How about FactCheck.org. They claim to be unbiased.

FactCheck.org: Off Base on Sex Ed
What? McCain's "facts" don't match independently recorded "facts"? But... but... that would make him a liar!

C'mon McCain. You've been proven wrong and to continue to use this lie only digs your hole deeper.
Isn't it about time to take the big dirt-nap?
Old 10-03-2008

I don't normally watch anything on Fox "News", but when they have an "exclusive", one has to do what one has to do.

It seems that Sarah Palin was able to get a "do-over" with Carl Cameron on Fox "News", regarding those questions that Katie Couric (YouTube) asked her previously. Apparently she was simply "annoyed" with Katie asking the "wrong questions". She can now answer some of the questions Katie asked previously. It looks like she's brought he final grade from an "F" to a "D-". You go, girl!

Youtube: Sarah Palin Interview with Carl Cameron of FOX News

As Hannibal Lecter would say, this interview sounds "like the elaborations of a bad liar".

I just wanted to add a big "Thank You" to aspkin for allowing this thread to stay. It's not often that a non-political forum will allow political threads, due to the fact that they can get out of hand. I want to also thank (most of) the other members who have participated and kept things civil.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 10-03-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-03-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, Slavaja.
But it would be better if you posted facts and backed them up with sources. Saying McCain and Obama are the same is not a fact. They may share some ideas, but that's about as far as it goes.
ok sure here's some proof. we all know McCain is going make the war last for like a 100 years and his just plan F**K up ok. heres a video on Ron Paul knocking Obama "CHANGE" to the ground. If you even read up about some of the speeches you will realise its all pretty much just bluff. No meaning no 'CHANGE' no nothing. i bet you guys anything that if McCain and Obama gets voted in, the US is going straight down the toilet. Also i might like to add that The US, Canada and Mexico is going to form a North America Union and a new currency called the Amero which was sign by Bush in 2005. so looks like you are going to be in the same mess as the US in a few years time

youtube.com/watch?v=ez5robAWmu4&feature=related
Old 10-03-2008

Well... Now that I know you're a Ron Paul supporter, that answers a few questions I had. I wouldn't really consider one of Ron Paul's speeches as proof of anything, other than the fact that he can put a sentence together better than Palin. I've watched that clip twice, and it sounds to me like he hasn't bothered to do any research on Obama, either.

You're argument that McCain and Obama are the same is ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2008

I was re-watching one of the Palin/Couric interviews and something that Palin said about the cause of Global Warming really sounded mixed up:
Quote:
Couric: Is it man-made, though in your view?
Palin: You know there are -- there are man's activities that can be contributed to the issues that we're dealing with now, these impacts. I'm not going to solely blame all of man's activities on changes in climate. Because the world's weather patterns are cyclical. And over history we have seen change there. But kind of doesn't matter at this point, as we debate what caused it. The point is: it's real; we need to do something about it.
So... I originally chalked that up to a flub as she must have just mixed up her words. I mean, she must have meant, "I'm not going to solely blame all of the changes in climate on man's activities." That sounds like what she should have said, right?

But last night on the debate, she said the following:
Quote:
We know it's real, I'm not one to attribute every activity of man to the changes in the climate. There is something to be said also for man's activities, but also for the cyclical temperature changes on our planet, but there are real changes going on in our climate, and I don't want to argue about the causes.
Again, shouldn't it have been, "I'm not one to attribute every change in the climate to the activities of man"
Doesn't this sound like something that's been badly memorized?
Old 10-03-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Well... Now that I know you're a Ron Paul supporter, that answers a few questions I had. I wouldn't really consider one of Ron Paul's speeches as proof of anything, other than the fact that he can put a sentence together better than Palin. I've watched that clip twice, and it sounds to me like he hasn't bothered to do any research on Obama, either.

You're argument that McCain and Obama are the same is ridiculous.
ok lol ridiculous right... did you even listen to what Ron Paul even said in the video? i know that i can't prove Obama and McCain are the say with one video but it provides some basic information. by the way i done a far bit of research Obama and he never talks about ending the war, balancing the budget, ending the central bank in america, health care, financial crisis. he never talks about that stuff NEVER. He always bluff in his speeches just to dumb down the already dumb down population in the country. also i wonder why a lot Ron Paul supporters videos get removed off youtube, google video.
Closed Thread