Idiot Customer on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 09-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Idiot Customer on Amazon

I know a lot of us sell on sites other than ebay, so here is a horror story of an Amazom customer that I am dealing with right now.

There is a local retailer that has a discount bin with CDs and DVDs most of which are junk, but some of which are rare and out-of print. I have bought single DVDs for $5 and sold them for as high as $75...before any of you think of using my idea, let me tell you it is a lot of work and you can get stuck with a lot of crap. One particular item that I sell is a series of 6 different volumes of an old B&W TV show which I'm sure you've all heard of. I have literally sold dozens of these box sets.

The other night I get an email from Amazon that the buyer has filed an A-Z claim that I misrepresented the item. He claims that the listing claimed that the item contained the entire series!
Anyone who has sold DVDs, CDs or books on Amazon is familiar with how Amazon fills in all of the product information when the seller enters the UPC...ebay has a similar feature too.
So, first of all, the information in the listing was all provided by Amazon and second of all THE INFORMATION WAS CORRECT! In this clown's email to me he said that the set he received only contained X amount of episodes and right in the item description that he ordered from description said 4 disks X amount of episodes. IOW he claims that I sent him an item "not as described" but as he rants and raves and complians about why he isn't going to pay for it he reveals that indeed the item was exactly as described.
He sent me an email originally complaining about the transaction and demanding that I call him and provided his phone number. I responded within a half hour of his email hitting my inbox by sending him an email with the description of the item provided by Amazon with the running time, number of disks and the episode list highlighted. The jerk proceeds to file the A-Z claim. He says in the claim that after numerous attempts to contact me and my failure to respond that he filed the claim. He sent an email and with 30 minutes he received a very detailed response and then he oputright lies to Amazon in the claim.

While I am responding to his claim, he sends me another email demanding that I call him and I better "watch out" and other threats as well as using profanity in the second email. I indicated to Amazon the inappropriate content of his emails.

I guess besides venting, has anyone had an experience with a situation like this? I would like to forward the emails (both his incoming to me and my outgoing to him) to Amazon to prove to them that he is a beligerent, threatening, profanity using liar, but Amazon only has a little box to type a response in and no means of providing them with supporting documents.
Anyone have any ideas of how to remedy this?

The irony of the whole thing is that if is allowed to keep the item (which he admits receiving) and is given the credit I will be out over $100. I'm not a big seller like a lot of you guys and this POS taking money from me when he is 100% at fault will cause me to "release the hounds" on him.

Hopefully, Amazon will see the absurdity of his claim and just dismiss it...but what a JERK!

Any thoughts Guys (and Gals)?

Last edited by DogFacedBoy; 09-06-2008 at 11:33 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Default Update

This clown sent a couple more ranting and raving emails. I told him that I would have gladly accepted a return if his initial contact wasn't so beligerent.

Well, last night I got this very apologetic email from him, not asking for a return, buyt explaining that he ordered it over the phone...didn't even know if that was possible with Amazon...after all it is Amazon.com.
Old 09-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

And? Have you kissed and made up? Or will there be more?
Old 09-11-2008
Threadstarter  

For now there is a truce
Old 09-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

DFB, you have my sympathies. Some people.
Old 10-01-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default Regarding the idiot customer

You are being too nice. This person used threats and profanity?!! Print all the correspondence from him/her as proof, then file a police report and send a copy of all paperwork to Amazon's customer service. Truce or no truce, this person is off their rocker.