NBA Followers & other Ball sports (NCAA too) - Page 23 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-15-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Re: NBA Followers & other Ball sports (NCAA too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Heat will reward Bosh for taking less. I am actually quite interested to see him without Lebron at this stage in his Career. Unless Wade magically gets his legs back. He is the guy once again.
I dont think Bosh is as good as people think he is.

With Deng signed and wonder if they will even make the playoffs now?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I dont think Bosh is as good as people think he is.

With Deng signed and wonder if they will even make the playoffs now?
As long as Wade Plays. The heat are still a playoff team. Not a title contender but in the East as weak as that conference has been. They should be like 5-7 seed.
Old 07-15-2014
Banned

Quote:
As long as Wade Plays. The heat are still a playoff team. Not a title contender but in the East as weak as that conference has been. They should be like 5-7 seed.
Dang you are starting to be like rsot repeating everything a 100 times.

We know, we know the easy is weak.

Do you have something you dislike about the East Coast?

Most of the best athletes in the entire country comes from the east coast and south east part of the country.

Wade does not have much gas left in the tank.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Male thing, Sandy.

It's part of practising to get to a 3rd date.

Peat and repeat what gets said.

Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Male thing, Sandy.

It's part of practising to get to a 3rd date.

Peat and repeat what gets said.

Giving out my secrets. LOL

Subliminal messaging.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Do you have something you dislike about the East Coast?
Na, just that the Eastern Conference is not as good as the Western Conference in its entirety. It has been that way for almost a decade now. Multiple years there have been teams with losing records to make the playoffs.

But yes, most of the folks out here on the West Coast get sick of East Coast sports media bias.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Giving out my secrets. LOL

Subliminal messaging.
Who loves you, Baby!!!!

Old 07-15-2014
Banned

Quote:
Na, just that the Eastern Conference is not as good as the Western Conference in its entirety. It has been that way for almost a decade now. Multiple years there have been teams with losing records to make the playoffs.

But yes, most of the folks out here on the West Coast get sick of East Coast sports media bias.
East bias? Really.

And I thought it was the opposite because most sportd teams of all kinds who win championships easr. Sec football for example.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
East bias? Really.

And I thought it was the opposite because most sportd teams of all kinds who win championships easr. Sec football for example.
You are just perpetuating it. The Raptors finished 3rd in the East they had a 48-34. The Phoneix Suns missed the playoffs with that same record.

Sorry Sandy but the Eastern Conference in the NBA is garbage. The Mavericks the 8 seed gave the Spurs a better run than the Heat. The Hawks didn't even have a winning record. Pathetic.
Old 07-16-2014
Banned

Quote:
You are just perpetuating it. The Raptors finished 3rd in the East they had a 48-34. The Phoneix Suns missed the playoffs with that same record.

Sorry Sandy but the Eastern Conference in the NBA is garbage. The Mavericks the 8 seed gave the Spurs a better run than the Heat. The Hawks didn't even have a winning record. Pathetic.
I am not talking NBA alone. Overall sports, NCAAs, NBA, MLB, NFL etc etc are mainly dominated by east coast teams.

The reason sports radio and other media talk about the east coast and it is not biased it is because clearly east coast wins major things more, the best players in all of sports come from this side of the Mississippi.

Come to Florida if you want to see some amazing kids in HS who are going to be NFL, NBA, MLB etc players. This place is loaded with talent.

My daughters HS has no less then 5 players that signed with SEC teams and people here say all 5 will be in the NFL before they get 2 years in college played.

Two were drafted in the NBA recently. Her HS has 7 in the NFL, 4 in the NBA, 3 play MLB right now and all came from a HS that is not that old.

One kid won the US High school track and field medals in 2 different races.

Amazing the kids who come from just Florida who can flat out play.
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am not talking NBA alone. Overall sports, NCAAs, NBA, MLB, NFL etc etc are mainly dominated by east coast teams.

The reason sports radio and other media talk about the east coast and it is not biased it is because clearly east coast wins major things more, the best players in all of sports come from this side of the Mississippi.

Come to Florida if you want to see some amazing kids in HS who are going to be NFL, NBA, MLB etc players. This place is loaded with talent.

My daughters HS has no less then 5 players that signed with SEC teams and people here say all 5 will be in the NFL before they get 2 years in college played.

Two were drafted in the NBA recently. Her HS has 7 in the NFL, 4 in the NBA, 3 play MLB right now and all came from a HS that is not that old.

One kid won the US High school track and field medals in 2 different races.

Amazing the kids who come from just Florida who can flat out play.
California produces the most NFL talent. It produces more MLB talent than the second Texas and Florida put together. And it produces the most NBA talent.

If you ever turn on the Womens College World series. Look at the rosters even for the teams in the SEC half of them are from like a 100 mile radius in Southern California.

Unless you are in the inner city of Los Angeles or Oakland. The Majority of the state plays American past time. Baseball.
Old 07-16-2014
Banned

Quote:
California produces the most NFL talent. It produces more MLB talent than the second Texas and Florida put together. And it produces the most NBA talent.

If you ever turn on the Womens College World series. Look at the rosters even for the teams in the SEC half of them are from like a 100 mile radius in Southern California.

Unless you are in the inner city of Los Angeles or Oakland. The Majority of the state plays American past time. Baseball.

It is because California is a huge state and has the population.

All warm weather states produce talent.

If you use per capita, Indiana produces the most NBA player which I was surprised.

Last edited by Sandy D; 07-16-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

If you use per capita, Indiana produces the most NBA player which I was surprised.
Definitely the populations shift - and the warm weather allows for more pep

As for Indiana...that is surprising - time to search the rankings of others.
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

The MLB production rate is quite surprising to me. I would expect huge population area's like the greater Phoenix area to procedure much more. But it hasn't.

Warm weather really doesn't have much to do with Basketball. Baseball I agree, as to why California, Florida, Texas have like Zero NHL Players.

But basketball is different. It is largely an inner city game. With the exception of Indiana where H.S. Basketball is "religion" like Football is is in Texas.

I don't understand how so many Football players come out of California to be honest. I would think Texas would triumph it with all the money going into H.S. football programs. In the Bay Area and L.A. Area you have all these die hard Liberals who want the game banned because it is to violent. Won't allow their kids to play. Would rather them get their participation trophy playing Commie Kick Ball.
Old 07-16-2014
Banned

Want to laugh?

You have to use per capita to get an accurate measurement.

Louisiana is at the top of all major sports players as the state they were born it.

Covering all sports.
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Want to laugh?

You have to use per capita to get an accurate measurement.

Louisiana is at the top of all major sports players as the state they were born it.

Covering all sports.
Yea, it is hard to determine. Having a background in Economics you have to make sure it is statistically significant. Like I saw per Capita South Dakota with 3 MLB players has the highest rate per population right now in the MLB.

But yea. There are definitely areas in the U.S. that turn out talent. Looking up a few things I have no idea how much talent came out of Oakland, CA. Bill Russell, Frank Robinson, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Ricky Henderson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Dennis Eckersley, Damion Lillard, Joe Morgan, Jimmy Rollins . Honorable mention to Vida Pinson, Curt Flood, and Leon Powe, Isiah Rider, Brian Shaw, Dontrelle Willis. Missing a bunch. I had no idea. Oakland is sketch. Even though it is a big city that is a ton of HOF talent.
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Who loves you, Baby!!!!

Lol, honestly. If I was with someone even if they weren't the most appealing person in many categories. If they met the minimum, I would still probably be suckered in if someone had a positive feedback loop like that at-least for a while.

I have to say I haven't had the experience. But some Women are very manipulative in getting men to go a certain direction. Each side has their own strategies.
Old 07-16-2014
Banned

Quote:
Yea, it is hard to determine. Having a background in Economics you have to make sure it is statistically significant. Like I saw per Capita South Dakota with 3 MLB players has the highest rate per population right now in the MLB.

But yea. There are definitely areas in the U.S. that turn out talent. Looking up a few things I have no idea how much talent came out of Oakland, CA. Bill Russell, Frank Robinson, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Ricky Henderson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Dennis Eckersley, Damion Lillard, Joe Morgan, Jimmy Rollins . Honorable mention to Vida Pinson, Curt Flood, and Leon Powe, Isiah Rider, Brian Shaw, Dontrelle Willis. Missing a bunch. I had no idea. Oakland is sketch. Even though it is a big city that is a ton of HOF talent.

Warm weather helps. Kids here play two seasons of baseball instead of one like most up north do.
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Warm weather helps. Kids here play two seasons of baseball instead of one like most up north do.
I am just so surprised the AZ has not seen a huge increase of MLB talent. The Phoenix area has grown so much in the past 10-20 years. Each of the surrounding cities have huge baseball complexes. Granted if you are counting by birth place this is an area of transplants so that might make a difference. But I would have assumed it would have been a hot bed for Baseball.

Similar to the greater Toronto area producing more and more Basketball talent since the Raptors went up there. Example: Andrew Wiggins.
Old 07-16-2014
Banned

Kids today do not play on playgrounds like they used to.

With a large family and lots of boys they always were coming home bloody from playing football or basketball all year around on the playgrounds.

Now kids sit on their butts and dont play like we did when we were all kids.

My parents would not allow us to sit in the house.
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Kids today do not play on playgrounds like they used to.

With a large family and lots of boys they always were coming home bloody from playing football or basketball all year around on the playgrounds.

Now kids sit on their butts and dont play like we did when we were all kids.

My parents would not allow us to sit in the house.
Its also strange because lots of places parents force their kids to play sports on travel teams and all that kind of stuff. Crazy young ages too, like 7-8 years old. Have noticed more and more kids are sick/burnt out on sports by the time they get to H.S. and don't want to play anymore.
Old 07-17-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Its also strange because lots of places parents force their kids to play sports on travel teams and all that kind of stuff. Crazy young ages too, like 7-8 years old. Have noticed more and more kids are sick/burnt out on sports by the time they get to H.S. and don't want to play anymore.
Parents living vicariously through the kids :(