NBA Followers & other Ball sports (NCAA too) - Page 22 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: NBA Followers & other Ball sports (NCAA too)

I'm here in warriors territory and I have to tell u that the spurs are the model team. Sorry warriors! If all u have to show is some fancy dribbling with curry, and get smashed by a team like the spurs with methodical game planningand brains, I'm going with the spurs.

I find it funny that espn is having this huge media hype of all the so called big name agents, lebron, bosh, wade, love, melo, etc etc etc, and what do the spurs do? Re signed Gregg pop and diaw. Diaw getting a modest 3 year 22 million while these arrogant big names like lebron and bosh and melo demanding 22 million per year. And guess what? The spurs will probably smash them again! Lol. Where's the spurs bandwagon at?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Go Spurs Go..
Old 07-10-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
I'm here in warriors territory and I have to tell u that the spurs are the model team. Sorry warriors! If all u have to show is some fancy dribbling with curry, and get smashed by a team like the spurs with methodical game planningand brains, I'm going with the spurs.

I find it funny that espn is having this huge media hype of all the so called big name agents, lebron, bosh, wade, love, melo, etc etc etc, and what do the spurs do? Re signed Gregg pop and diaw. Diaw getting a modest 3 year 22 million while these arrogant big names like lebron and bosh and melo demanding 22 million per year. And guess what? The spurs will probably smash them again! Lol. Where's the spurs bandwagon at?
Spurs played great fundamentally. Heat beat them last year and this year Wade was hurt every game, bench is not very strong as it was last year.

Spurs are a model team but Duncan, Parker and Ginobli are getting older and older. The youngster beat Miami, not these three.

I posted I wanted to see Duncan win his 5th or Lebron his third. So it did not matter to me much.

Diaw is not as good as Lebron, no one in the league is as good as Lebron is or even close. Bosh is not what they make him out to be an Melo is one of the top 5 in the league as well but is a ball hog.

I dont think the Spurs can handle another season with Parker and Ginobli being hurt and getting older. They also need to make a few moves.

I predicted the Heat will be separated and will not be all together next year.

4 in a row and 2 wins is amazing. Give them credit.

I see James heading back to Cleveland if he can get some talent to go with him as Cleveland has a great point guard, No 1 pick but need more.

Warriors need a point guard and a big man.
Old 07-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Oh don't get me wrong. I think Lebrun is a real talented player. Even more talented than Jordan in my opinion. But the spurs did it through brains and playing team basketball. Everyone participated. Even Corey Joseph was important to the spurs ring this year. Remember he took over Parker's spot for a bit against Okc and kept Okc at bay?

With that type of rotation, you're unstoppable. Spurs is like 13 players vs Miami big 3. I don't care how talented you are. 13 vs 3, I think the team with 13 guys is going to beat u.

I think it's pretty hard for Lebron to do his thing if he is double teamed. But then again, everyone would.

Yea, Tim Duncan and ginobli is getting old, that's why it made this spurs team so much more special. It kinda proves that it wasn't a team of superstars and big name free agents that smashed the heat. Just a group of 5 million, 9 million, 12 million dollar group of guys. Now melo wants 22 million per year? You serious? What has he done that was remotely close to what any spurs player has done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Spurs played great fundamentally. Heat beat them last year and this year Wade was hurt every game, bench is not very strong as it was last year.

Spurs are a model team but Duncan, Parker and Ginobli are getting older and older. The youngster beat Miami, not these three.

I posted I wanted to see Duncan win his 5th or Lebron his third. So it did not matter to me much.

Diaw is not as good as Lebron, no one in the league is as good as Lebron is or even close. Bosh is not what they make him out to be an Melo is one of the top 5 in the league as well but is a ball hog.

I dont think the Spurs can handle another season with Parker and Ginobli being hurt and getting older. They also need to make a few moves.

I predicted the Heat will be separated and will not be all together next year.

4 in a row and 2 wins is amazing. Give them credit.

I see James heading back to Cleveland if he can get some talent to go with him as Cleveland has a great point guard, No 1 pick but need more.

Warriors need a point guard and a big man.
Old 07-10-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong. I think Lebrun is a real talented player. Even more talented than Jordan in my opinion. But the spurs did it through brains and playing team basketball. Everyone participated. Even Corey Joseph was important to the spurs ring this year. Remember he took over Parker's spot for a bit against Okc and kept Okc at bay?

With that type of rotation, you're unstoppable. Spurs is like 13 players vs Miami big 3. I don't care how talented you are. 13 vs 3, I think the team with 13 guys is going to beat u.

I think it's pretty hard for Lebron to do his thing if he is double teamed. But then again, everyone would.

Yea, Tim Duncan and ginobli is getting old, that's why it made this spurs team so much more special. It kinda proves that it wasn't a team of superstars and big name free agents that smashed the heat. Just a group of 5 million, 9 million, 12 million dollar group of guys. Now melo wants 22 million per year? You serious? What has he done that was remotely close to what any spurs player has done?
Melo is good but not worth 22 million for sure. He has not proven he can carry a team into the playoffs like James and others have.
Old 07-11-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Agree - all the hype around Melo but he has yet to make the playoff run...perhaps a strong support cast will be set
Old 07-11-2014
Banned

I predicted the Heat players abandoning ship all many leaving.

Lets see what happens.

Why would anyone want to go to LA and play with Kobe Bryant?

He wants to be top dog and forced Dwight Howard to leave because he does not want anyone better then him on the team.

For some reason I see James heading back to Cleveland if they can trade or grab some better players then they have right now.

Hunch...
Old 07-11-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Kobe just trying to keep some light on him - a good player but he literally done.

Wiggins....Cleveland...James...hunch could pan out
Old 07-11-2014
Banned

SANDY D does it again.

I predicted the Heat vs the Spurs in the NBA finals.

I predicted Lebron James going back to the Cavs.

Word is he is heading back to Cleveland.

GENIUS idea for him to do this. And if he takes them deep into the playoffs again or goes to the title game or wins it he will look like a total genius.

Now lets see who else heads to the Cavs.

Now see Kevin Love might go to Cavs.

Last edited by Sandy D; 07-11-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
SANDY D does it again.

I predicted the Heat vs the Spurs in the NBA finals.

I predicted Lebron James going back to the Cavs.

Word is he is heading back to Cleveland.

GENIUS idea for him to do this. And if he takes them deep into the playoffs again or goes to the title game or wins it he will look like a total genius.

Now lets see who else heads to the Cavs.

Now see Kevin Love might go to Cavs.
Quite humble there - joking you were right on prediction

As for Love going to the Cavs...you think Cavs will give up Wiggins for him?
Old 07-12-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Quite humble there - joking you were right on prediction

As for Love going to the Cavs...you think Cavs will give up Wiggins for him?
I would!

Genius of Lebron to go back to Cleveland.

Add Love and another solid rebounder and Cavs are a playoff team.
Old 07-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Lebron knows Cleveland is not the team. That is why he signed a 2 year deal with an opt out clause.

He was well aware D-Wade is not the same player he was. There was no team in the East whom they could put something together given the Free Agents available.

He didn't have the marbles to play in the West because it so much more dominant. He went to a club with some potential. Probably the place he thought he may get back to the Finals and pray that they get lucky.

Unless things really change. The West is so powerful now. The Cavs would finish 6th or 7th if they were in the West.

Last edited by vogeltron; 07-13-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 07-13-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

He can also spend some "quality" time with Manziel
Old 07-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

All about team and unity to make winning happen

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014
Banned

Look at it this way. Reason I thought he would go back to Cleveland.

If he goes back to the Cavs and even takes them to the playoffs he will look like a total genius.

He does not need the money.

Sometimes and once in a great while a player will come along and put his priorities of being close to his family and home first. His Mom is aging and he can now be at home more.

Fans is Cleveland as you have seen are going nuts about his return.

He has taken over the news, even ahead of the world cup.

He could have went anywhere, he would be the best on any team including any team in the west.

West is good but the east makes them look better then they are.
Old 07-13-2014
Banned

I believe this is one of the smartest moves in sports history that I can remember.

Perfect timing and all.

He does not need anything even though people judge him by the number of rings he has which is bs because many great players dont have onee at all.

He has done well for himself.

He played against my old high school one season when he was in HS and broke the glass backboard and the game was called.

They were only leading by 50 or so.

Just a look at the best player in the nba inn pictures.

Not done to bad for himself and what I like the most is he like MJ has not let wealth and fame go to his head and get off track.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lebr...w=1600&bih=742
Old 07-13-2014
Banned

Welcome to the LeBron James Family Foundation!
Old 07-14-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

West is good but the east makes them look better then they are.
Amen on that.
Old 07-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Amen on that.
As if right now the top 6 teams in the West are better than the top one in the East.

The Paul Gasol signing for the Bulls is huge. It is a big "if" but Derek Rose healthy will mean the Bulls win the East. That is the X factor.

Unless D-Wade gets some youth back in his Step they are not championship. But, the Heat are still a playoff team with how weak the East is. With the Deng signing. Very interesting.

The Mavericks if they get Parsons and they already got Al Jefferson. They almost upset the Spurs in the first round. Cuban is no dummy this far into his tenure as owner. The Mavericks will be the surprise team in the West this year in my Opinion. I like them as the 2 seed over the Thunder, Rockets, Clippers, Warriors, Blazers, Grizzlies. Unless something dramatically changes.

My sleeper in the East in the Nets. Only because they got the coach I wanted my Warriors to get. Lionel Hollens is tough cookie. I expect much less nonsense in Brooklyn than went on last year. That might be the equivalent of Jim Harbaugh taking over a talented 49ers roster in year 1. Very well could take this team to the Eastern Conference finals.

Last edited by vogeltron; 07-14-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-14-2014
Banned

Deng signing with the Heat was an odd move by him.

If Bosh leaves they wont make the playoffs.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thought Bosh already signed 5 more years with Heat for about 120 mil - last I checked
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thought Bosh already signed 5 more years with Heat for about 120 mil - last I checked
Heat will reward Bosh for taking less. I am actually quite interested to see him without Lebron at this stage in his Career. Unless Wade magically gets his legs back. He is the guy once again.