Anyone using e-cigs? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 02-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Anyone using e-cigs?

Been off real tobacco now for 3 months and can walk up stairs without breathing heavy.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Anyone using e-cigs?

I am in my 3rd year smoke free,,,the improvement you see after only 3 Months is NOTHING compared to the improvements that you have yet to experience,,
Old 02-22-2014
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Actually I was researching them earlier today for my Dad.

Recommendations on the "HIGH QUALITY" ones would be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Only ecigs I know of are the ones sold in local convenience stores here - have yet to try them but do they give a kick?
Old 02-23-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

If anyone has had the horrific memory of watching a loved one died before you because they smoked for 40 years you would not touch another cancer stick.

I have and it was not pleasant to see someone you love and care for die right in front of you all from smoking.

Miserable thing for someone to have to witness and go through.

Dont do this to your children folks. It is like torturing them.
Old 02-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Worked with too many patients like this...can never get that all cured up :( too many sad nights in ER
Old 02-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post

Find a professional smoke shop. The stuff at gas stations is horrendous 99% of the time. Like quality Chinese garbage anyone here could buy off Alib/aba and DH/gate.

As far as specific brands go, not sure what my friends use, but "Blu" is one of the originators of the whole e-cig movement. Probably going to be a bit more expensive than the copycats that have followed, but wouldn't hurt to start there.
Old 02-24-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Quote:

Yes.

Halo G6 for the cigalike experience.

Evod Twist for longer battery life and bigger better throat hit.

MVP 2 for even longer battery life and even better throat hit.

For more advanced Vaping devices including Removable battery models and rebuildables, research at the e-cigarette forum.

Top E-liquid vendors. Ahlusion, Halo, Five Pawns(Pricey). Best tobacco e-liquid vendors, Ahlusion(Their aromatic blends.) Naturally-extracted-tobacco.com(Great cigalike e-liquid.). These are just a small sample. There are some great reviews over at the forum but this should get you very nicely started.

If size is not a consideration, meaning your father doesn't care about the device being the same size as a regular cigarette then I would go with the EVOD twist and a Protank 2 mini tank. He'll get a great throat hit and ample vapor production which will give him satisfaction. Throat hit is the feeling of vapor hitting the throat which a lot of smokers need. If he smoked heavy consider 12 or 18 mg of nicotine and 24 if he smoked non filtered. It may take a couple of purchases to find what he needs in throat hit.

I should add. discountvapors is a great place to get the evod and twist from.

Goodluck.

Let me edit. EVOD twist. You can substitue EGO DV etc... 650 mah(miliamp hours.) is about 5 inches long. protank 2 is the Kangertech brand. Don't get the protank 3. If unsure of nicotine strength needed, get one flavor in two nicotine strengths.

Last edited by planes; 02-24-2014 at 11:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to planes For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-24-2014), TGMT² (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 69%

the amount smoking costs our NHS in UK they should make ecigs free as would save them so much over long term, sadly they are in it for short term only
Old 02-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
If anyone has had the horrific memory of watching a loved one died before you because they smoked for 40 years you would not touch another cancer stick.

I have and it was not pleasant to see someone you love and care for die right in front of you all from smoking.

Miserable thing for someone to have to witness and go through.

Dont do this to your children folks. It is like torturing them.
I have watched my dad smoke for as long as I remember, now at 65 he is coughing up both lungs every few hours and in the morning. He still doesn't quit, so I just throw his cigs away and he gets mad. "Its a waste of money you just did", Its a waste of money for buying them in the first place. And he wonders why he had a minor heart attach last year.

When he lived with me he would spit in the corner when ever he coughed, omg its so nasty. That was a horrible 4 months, nasty....
Old 02-24-2014

very sad and very hard to give up at that age

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I have watched my dad smoke for as long as I remember, now at 65 he is coughing up both lungs every few hours and in the morning. He still doesn't quit, so I just throw his cigs away and he gets mad. "Its a waste of money you just did", Its a waste of money for buying them in the first place. And he wonders why he had a minor heart attach last year.

When he lived with me he would spit in the corner when ever he coughed, omg its so nasty. That was a horrible 4 months, nasty....
Old 02-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I used smoke about 100 Menthol a day.

Started when I was 12. Thought it 'cool'.

Never gave up smoking. But deal with it like dealing with being a recovering alcoholic.

I choose not to smoke daily. Over the last two years I have smoked only 3 cigarettes.
Feel no guilt at all.

However the pencils I try instead sux.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
nyc (02-25-2014), Sandy D (02-25-2014)
Old 02-24-2014

menthol is the worst for sperm counts they say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
I used smoke about 100 Menthol a day.

Started when I was 12. Thought it 'cool'.

Never gave up smoking. But deal with it like dealing with being a recovering alcoholic.

I choose not to smoke daily. Over the last two years I have smoked only 3 cigarettes.
Feel no guilt at all.

However the pencils I try instead sux.

Old 02-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:

White Cloud Electronic Cigarettes, hands down! No fluids to mess around with, has a very close approximation to a cigarette, the batteries are EXCELLENT and actually last! I'VE HAD ONE BATTERY THAT IS OVER A YEAR OLD!

The batteries are $20 each, but that is cheap considering the quality. Many brands batteries can die after a couple of weeks. Buying them in a starter kit is even cheaper.

The cartridges work out to $2 each and each cartridge is the equivalent of 2 packs of cigarettes.

GET YOUR E-CIGS WHILE YOU CAN!

The anti's want these banned. They don't care if they are safe or not, according to the anti's, they "normalize" smoking, therefore, they must go. In other words, they are against anything that even LOOKS LIKE smoking. Science be damned.

And that is a shame. I started using these back in December of 2012. I have not had a cigarette since. I have COPD and have stopped it from getting any worse. Tests of my lung function confirm this. My clothes and house no longer smell like smoke. My CATS love it, because they HATED my cigarette smoke. When I'd light up, they would run away.

I have friends who have quit smoking after I gave them samples of these. One friend in particular was VERY grateful, because his wife also has COPD and terrible bronchitis and could no longer tolerate the smoke, even if he was smoking outside. She was on the verge of divorce, not because she no longer loved him, but she couldn't take the smoke anymore. She IS hyper-sensitive to it, but her issue is REAL, she has had lung problems since her teenage years (she never smoked, but was a competitive ice skater and spent a lot of time on the ice).

E-Cigarettes have the potential to eradicate tobacco smoking. Using them is not exactly the same as smoking, but it is close. I asked my doctor about these and he said that in his opinion, they are MUCH SAFER than smoking. It is not the nicotine in cigarettes that is bad for you (nicotine is relatively harmless on its own, although it IS addictive) but the tar and the 3,000+ chemicals the cigarette makers lace their products with.

I tried 21st Century Smokes at first, and I liked them very much. Their batteries are only $10 and each cartridge is $3 locally. But the batteries die after a couple of weeks. And some of the cartridges don't work - there were a lot of duds.

I tried some other brands, but most of them were the equivalent of puffing air. It didn't feel like I was smoking a cigarette. I finally tried White Cloud after they lowered their prices (When they first came out, the starter kit was $300, it is now between $49 - $69). They have all types of different strengths and flavors. I use the Extra-Extra Strength ones that contain 5% nicotine. It is VERY CLOSE to an actual cigarette.

They can be ordered online, their retail distribution is limited. Which is why the FDA terrifies me. They want to ban all internet sales of these and tax them heavily. The whole myth of taxing cigarettes heavily and banning them from being sold on the internet to protect health was a lie. It was all a money grab. If it were true, then maybe they would listen to the scientists now and ENCOURAGE people to switch.

Regardless of the politics, I sincerely urge anyone thinking of quitting to try these. You can get samples at the White Cloud website for $5 each - they are disposable. If you like them, then you can go for the starter kit which includes 2 batteries, a charger and 5 cartridges for $49. They have other starter kits too with more stuff in them, for $69. Either way, it is a good value. The cartridges themselves are sold in packs of 5 for $10. A Pack of 50 goes for $89. They ship VERY FAST (2 day shipping).

If you don't like the White Cloud ones, I would urge you NOT to give up, but to find a brand you like. You will feel MUCH BETTER after not smoking and the non-smokers in your life will be happy. To a non-smoker, the smell of cigarette smoke IS gross.

OK, I'll jump back off the soapbox now...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-24-2014), TGMT² (02-24-2014), yotano211 (02-25-2014)
Old 02-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.v.limited View Post
menthol is the worst for sperm counts they say
Why would I as a female worry about that?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (02-24-2014), Ebayorbust (02-25-2014), ooooo.halo (02-01-2015), yotano211 (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

GET YOUR E-CIGS WHILE YOU CAN!

The anti's want these banned. They don't care if they are safe or not, according to the anti's, they "normalize" smoking, therefore, they must go. In other words, they are against anything that even LOOKS LIKE smoking. Science be damned.

It is UNBELIEAVABLE, but New York has ALREADY banned E-Cigs,,,

New York City Extends Smoking Ban To E-Cigarettes : The Two-Way : NPR

I Smoked 2 + Packs for MANY Years,,I am Smoke Free now for 3 Years,,,But I gotta tell you that what the Government is Doing,,Is ABSOLUTLY WRONG,,,People SHOULD be allowed to smoke, Real or E Cigs,,, as long as they do not jeopardize someone elses health,,,This War is ALL about Health insurance Costs, and NOTHING Else,,,If People are allowed to pollute their Minds and Harm others by using alcohol,,,than they should be allowed to smoke,,,I bet Drunk Drivers Kill More People a Year than Smokers,,
Old 02-25-2014

Lol
Must do similar to ladies as well. Affect having kids or no evidence of that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
Why would I as a female worry about that?

Old 02-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
To a non-smoker, the smell of cigarette smoke IS gross..

tru that bothera
Old 02-25-2014

Longevity: 65%

All types of cigarettes and MJ reduce the count of sperms, not just menthols. I have never been a heavy smoker, but what i found helpful in reducing the amount of cigarettes you are smoking, and is a bit less harmful to your lungs, is using a plastic filter tip.

Basically, what this thing does is, it holds up a lot of the tar and other sh** in this plastic compartment. You can see how it gets filled up with dark brown stuff after every cigarette you smoke, and you can use it for 5-10 cigarettes. Another plus is, that your fingers will not smell after smoking as you are holding the plastic, and not the cigarette.

I have used the french company OCB, and I don't know if there's any other manufacturer of these, haven't researched as these have been doing a great job.

P.S. Don't want this to sound this like an advert, I am not associated with any brands or products, just sharing my experience.
Old 02-25-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
It is UNBELIEAVABLE, but New York has ALREADY banned E-Cigs,,,

New York City Extends Smoking Ban To E-Cigarettes : The Two-Way : NPR

I Smoked 2 + Packs for MANY Years,,I am Smoke Free now for 3 Years,,,But I gotta tell you that what the Government is Doing,,Is ABSOLUTLY WRONG,,,People SHOULD be allowed to smoke, Real or E Cigs,,, as long as they do not jeopardize someone elses health,,,This War is ALL about Health insurance Costs, and NOTHING Else,,,If People are allowed to pollute their Minds and Harm others by using alcohol,,,than they should be allowed to smoke,,,I bet Drunk Drivers Kill More People a Year than Smokers,,

I can't believe they are banning these now, I never smoked but I read reports that they were no more harmful than caffeine and if it helped smokers quit it's a miracle

I wonder who is behind banning e cigs , I bet if you follow the money you will end up in the tobacco fields.

The cigarette companies are probably saying that cities banned smoking and now are bending the law to use in their favor and say e cigs is just another form of smoking

Why would they want people to give up smoking
Old 02-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by planes View Post
Yes.

Halo G6 for the cigalike experience.

Evod Twist for longer battery life and bigger better throat hit.

MVP 2 for even longer battery life and even better throat hit.

For more advanced Vaping devices including Removable battery models and rebuildables, research at the e-cigarette forum.

Top E-liquid vendors. Ahlusion, Halo, Five Pawns(Pricey). Best tobacco e-liquid vendors, Ahlusion(Their aromatic blends.) Naturally-extracted-tobacco.com(Great cigalike e-liquid.). These are just a small sample. There are some great reviews over at the forum but this should get you very nicely started.

If size is not a consideration, meaning your father doesn't care about the device being the same size as a regular cigarette then I would go with the EVOD twist and a Protank 2 mini tank. He'll get a great throat hit and ample vapor production which will give him satisfaction. Throat hit is the feeling of vapor hitting the throat which a lot of smokers need. If he smoked heavy consider 12 or 18 mg of nicotine and 24 if he smoked non filtered. It may take a couple of purchases to find what he needs in throat hit.

I should add. discountvapors is a great place to get the evod and twist from.

Goodluck.

Let me edit. EVOD twist. You can substitue EGO DV etc... 650 mah(miliamp hours.) is about 5 inches long. protank 2 is the Kangertech brand. Don't get the protank 3. If unsure of nicotine strength needed, get one flavor in two nicotine strengths.
Thanks planes - lot of solid info in the post - looking into this more
Old 02-25-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.v.limited View Post
very sad and very hard to give up at that age
LOL

I dont think we need any more smoking AV babies around.