eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Google's new Panda 4.0 is KILLING eBay ..... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/74422-googles-new-panda-4-0-killing-ebay.html)

alphaversa 06-13-2014 04:24 PM

Google's new Panda 4.0 is KILLING eBay .....

I've seen it in my own listings. Sales are DRAMATICALLY down the past few weeks. Has anyone else come through this unscathed?

Google Algorithm Update Slaughters eBay's Search Rankings - The Wire

turboman 06-14-2014 02:44 AM

Re: Google's new Panda 4.0 is KILLING eBay .....

i posted about my sales being down...

but yeah i know ebay has had some major issues just recently...

you know this in the uk when they start tv and radio advertising again :lol:

trying to drum up business

smacks of desperation

but i also notice that my social media online sales are going through the roof... yes i know its only local so you only sell local stuff that your happy to have collected... but for a lot of us fb sales have gone up and up.... most of the time the sale is instant! and i mean within mins of listing an item for sale, there are no fees, customer collects and puts cold hard cash in your hand!

its my one little bit of heaven... a little world without ebay and paypal...bliss

stanislav 06-14-2014 03:23 AM

I would like to remind everyone here that even though Google MANUALLY demoted a lot of eBay listings (By the way this has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH PANDA UPDATE!) that only less than 20% of all organic traffic that reaches eBay comes from Google itself. Part of the major decline can also be contributed due to buyers not trusting eBay anymore after eBay announced it was hacked. Remember that Google doesn't index Auctions and yet I am getting MISERABLE traffic to my auctions. For example ... 1 day listing for a particular product used to generate about 150 - 250 views, now it generates only about 40-50 views.

unkown5454 06-14-2014 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 559978)
Remember that Google doesn't index Auctions and yet I am getting MISERABLE traffic to my auctions.

Check Google Shopping. EB listings are indeed there...

stanislav 06-14-2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 559984)
Check Google Shopping. EB listings are indeed there...

And your point is ?????

PLA has nothing to do with Google punishing/demoting eBay's listings. PLA is PPC service and eBay is the second largest customer to Google PLA. Google does not index auction listings in it's organic search results.

rsot 06-14-2014 08:11 AM

No problems with sales experienced for me - just adding 2 cents

unkown5454 06-14-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 559985)
And your point is ?????

PLA has nothing to do with Google punishing/demoting eBay's listings. PLA is PPC service and eBay is the second largest customer to Google PLA. Google does not index auction listings in it's organic search results.

You did not clarify. You simply stated they are not indexed which is incorrect.

Google Shopping and Google Search are 2 different services. I stated they are indexed in Google Shopping.

Speak clearly next time and you will understand rather than trying to argue to make yourself feel better.

stanislav 06-14-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 560009)
No problems with sales experienced for me - just adding 2 cents

I don't think your advice worth even 2 cents.

BigCJ 06-14-2014 05:53 PM

o...k...

im going to stay away from that but yes, my sales are down somewhat.

aspkin 06-14-2014 09:04 PM

No no... eBay is killing eBay..

Dmshark25 06-14-2014 10:20 PM

Yea I felt it BIN listings were just totally ineffective, had to stick with all auctions and although everything sold 100% the bids were 3-6 instead of 25- 40 bids

Bad week

alphaversa 06-15-2014 02:58 AM

Re: Google's new Panda 4.0KILLING eBay .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 559978)
I would like to remind everyone here that even though Google MANUALLY demoted a lot of eBay listings (By the way this has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH PANDA UPDATE!) that only less than 20% of all organic traffic that reaches eBay comes from Google itself. Part of the major decline can also be contributed due to buyers not trusting eBay anymore after eBay announced it was hacked. Remember that Google doesn't index Auctions and yet I am getting MISERABLE traffic to my auctions. For example ... 1 day listing for a particular product used to generate about 150 - 250 views, now it generates only about 40-50 views.

Stan,

I think you are right. I don't mean any offense by this to anyone and I'm not trying to start an argument. However, the VAST majority of people are pretty dumb. Look back at how quickly people were to trust Paypal (just giving them their SSN, cc, bank info) and go along with pretty much allowing it to monopolize the payment streams. When the "cat got out of the bag" about things like PRISM, hacks on credit cards at stores and online sites, etc people finally realized they were too trusting. Now, people just think you are out to get them and will get REALLY aggressive with you. At least that is a pattern I've noticed. And, eBay caters to it. I hated Meg Whitman. However, she is light years smarter than the crew running eBay today. The question is is why did google do this to ebay? Let's face it, google must have been making a lot of money from ebay so what are they planning?

rsot 06-15-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 560066)
I don't think your advice worth even 2 cents.

And your ravings are worth anymore - sure.

stanislav 06-15-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 560202)
And your ravings are worth anymore - sure.

lol um lol

rsot 06-15-2014 05:45 PM

Hah Stan :) always cool - hope the sales are picking up.

Summer can be slow too

alphaversa 06-15-2014 09:08 PM

One of my accounts with 1000 listings has had ZERO sales for 4 straight days now. I've never seen anything like this in 15 years on ebay.....

vogeltron 06-16-2014 04:01 AM

It may be true for some items. I highly doubt it affects most eBay sellers. Like Facebook or Amazon or some other site. Either you are a member by now and check their when you go through the process of what you do or you don't.

It is never good lose ground in things like Google searches. However, I have always been more concerned withing getting results from within the site. The ADWORDS Google world was always something for small websites to fight over royalties to them.

Like Aspkin saying eBay has hurt themselves much more on their own site. Than any Google search garbage will do. In my 10 years of selling on eBay I have never had a buyer tell me their came across my product on a search engine signed up for eBay and purchased it.

alphaversa 06-17-2014 08:23 PM

Got one sale today! Lol. Was averaging 15 to 25 sales a day just 3 weeks ago. Something is def wrong. Why else would ebay be giving away so many free listings?

rsot 06-18-2014 03:42 AM

Summer time :(

mattytman 06-19-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboman (Post 559976)

but i also notice that my social media online sales are going through the roof... yes i know its only local so you only sell local stuff that your happy to have collected... but for a lot of us fb sales have gone up and up.... most of the time the sale is instant! and i mean within mins of listing an item for sale, there are no fees, customer collects and puts cold hard cash in your hand!

its my one little bit of heaven... a little world without ebay and paypal...bliss

How exactly do you sell on facebook? I can't seem to fathom it...

alphaversa 06-28-2014 11:26 AM

I received the following offer from eBay. I think this shows just how deep the issues are right now at ebay. Not only free listings but free upgrades like BOLD and SUB TITLE, etc??? This is a BAD sign....

List 7,500 items for FREE*

Limited time only—pay no insertion fees on up to 7,500 auction-style listings through July 2. Plus get FREE upgrades to help your listings stand out.
Sell now

Attract more buyers with free listing upgrades
Bold your title to make it stand out in the crowd
Add a Subtitle to make your item easier to find
Reach more shoppers with 10-day listing duration
Show your items in more detail with Gallery Plus
Add a creative border with Listing Designer
Value Pack (Subtitle, Gallery Plus, and Listing Designer)
All of the above are FREE through July 2. Save up to $3.35 per listing! Use the advanced listing tool to take advantage of these upgrades.

rsot 06-28-2014 03:54 PM

They are just trying to spark activity for the summer slow periods