eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Postal Worker Caught On Video Hurling Packages Into Ravine (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/75086-postal-worker-caught-video-hurling-packages-into-ravine.html)

MM78 07-07-2014 05:43 PM

Postal Worker Caught On Video Hurling Packages Into Ravine

Better check your Trackings....Might say "Delivered to Ravine"

If you live in the Birmingham area, and you're missing a suspicious number of packages, you may want to consider checking your local ravine.

An unidentified United States Postal Service worker in Birmingham, Ala., was caught on video Monday apparently removing some packages from a USPS-branded mail delivery van and then hurling them off a steep embankment by the road. You can see the hurling in question in the video above.

When reached for comment by the Alabama Media Group, Special Agent Kenneth D. Smith of the USPS crime investigation unit said that the employee resigned from the USPS on Thursday after the video went viral on social media. Smith declined to identify the worker by name.

"As with any ongoing OIG investigation, I can't comment on specifics," he added.

Sandy D 07-07-2014 05:48 PM

Re: Postal Worker Caught On Video Hurling Packages Into Ravine

Are you kidding me?

And these people want more money per hour.

kronengriffharry 07-07-2014 06:05 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: what in the world is wrong with these people?

Gamefreak 07-07-2014 07:32 PM

could be empty boxes? lol

GreenBean 07-07-2014 07:49 PM

Bad town whatever country Birmingham exists. LOL

GoteBay 07-07-2014 07:49 PM

There are packages that disappear without tracking. I honestly believe they do this all the time.

GreenBean 07-07-2014 07:52 PM

Aye, postal theft is on the rise in many countries.

Was a postal worker in New South Wales whose apartment had nearly 1/2 million dollars of 'acquired' parcels.

What flipped the investigators out many parcels were sent without insurance AND return addresses.
:croc:

BigCJ 07-07-2014 07:54 PM

Great...Now ebay will put a new option of: "Package significantly not as delivered" and we will pay for it. :doh:

Futuremogul888 07-07-2014 08:59 PM

People lets give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Clearly someone put the ravine as their stealth address and ordered some stuff to build feedback. The only reason he resigned is because he was caught throwing them into the ravine. Protocol clearly dictates you are supposed to gently place the packages in the ravine.

Sandy D 07-08-2014 12:54 AM

Issue is the unions a few years back wanted a postal clerk to make 20.00 per hour and a delivery postal worker to make 25.00 per hour or more PLUS FREE BENEFITS.

The unions forced the post office to hire many outside contract people to deliver mail in certain areas.

Many do not even have postal uniforms on which I think should be a requirement for anyone who is handling mail.

Do you guys know a post office worker with 20 years service can make up to 30 per hour and get huge silly retirements at 56 years old?

If this was caught on tape which is odd someone just happened to catch it, then what else is happening to our mail?

rsot 07-08-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 565069)

Do you guys know a post office worker with 20 years service can make up to 30 per hour and get huge silly retirements at 56 years old?

If this was caught on tape which is odd someone just happened to catch it, then what else is happening to our mail?

Lot of shenanigans go on behind the scenes. 15 years ago, a postal worker in my home neighborhood was trying to extort me because I was getting some large packages

oompaloompa 07-11-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 565028)
People lets give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Clearly someone put the ravine as their stealth address and ordered some stuff to build feedback. The only reason he resigned is because he was caught throwing them into the ravine. Protocol clearly dictates you are supposed to gently place the packages in the ravine.

hehe that reminds me of the amount of times new posties are like, is this for you? why is it so weirdly addressed....

my reply 'I have no idea'........

...but when I did this once, one actually winked at me...hehe

rsot 07-12-2014 10:56 AM

Was at the postal office yesterday in the evening getting stamps and the solo worker there was doing a line of coke...:eek:

animekings99 07-12-2014 10:57 AM

lol that sux if it is the real deal maybe he is stealing them and selling them on ebay hahah . the item has some water in it i will live that up to the lucky winner to take it out lol

GreenBean 07-12-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 566160)
hehe that reminds me of the amount of times new posties are like, is this for you? why is it so weirdly addressed....

my reply 'I have no idea'........

...but when I did this once, one actually winked at me...hehe

LOL, my posties know now.

All they say is here's the mail and thanks for the donuts.

( We do morning tea for our posties & couriers at work ;) )

:amen:

rsot 07-12-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 566405)
LOL, my posties know now.

All they say is here's the mail and thanks for the donuts.

( We do morning tea for our posties & couriers at work ;) )

:amen:

Lovely idea - keeps them happy and satisfied too :thumb:

Sandy D 07-13-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 566402)
Was at the postal office yesterday in the evening getting stamps and the solo worker there was doing a line of coke...:eek:

Did you get a picture?

rsot 07-13-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 566595)
Did you get a picture?

No :( I dont really walk into the post office with a camera on the regular - I also didnt want to bring attention to myself to bother fumbling for the phone

GreenBean 07-13-2014 10:39 AM

Photos or it never happened.

:pound: