eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Quick Tax Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/77353-quick-tax-question.html)

Exile3 09-12-2014 10:24 AM

Quick Tax Question

Hey guys, I have a quick question in regards to taxes

I have an account that's in a close friends name. It's over the 20k threshold, and will receive the 1099 or w/e. My friend and I have an agreement where I will handle all of the tax related work/expenses that comes from this.

My question is,

Can I claim all of his accounts earnings/losses on my own taxes, relieving him of any liability since I'm assuming responsibility of it all? Or does he have to file it on his taxes even though all of the money is obviously being routed to my personal bank account, and all products being sold are paid for by me.

**I do have an accountant, but I figure a good amount of the seasoned veterans on this site will be able to shed as much light as he can on the situation**

Thanks for any help given!

JamesNorth101 09-12-2014 10:51 AM

Re: Quick Tax Question

You will need to talk to your accountant about any tax issues.

Forum cannot answer these questions.

This is one reason though that is it not recommend to use friends details.

yankee 09-12-2014 11:59 AM

Absolute mess.
So right now YOU have all the expenses and he has all the assets with almost no expenses. Get ahold of a good CPA and have them explain what commingled funds are and how you two can get what you both need taken care of before years end.

One idea is to turn that paypal into an EIN(create a company separate from his SS) before the end of the fiscal year.

GreenBean 09-12-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile3 (Post 587504)
**I do have an accountant, but I figure a good amount of the seasoned veterans on this site will be able to shed as much light as he can on the situation**

Thanks for any help given!

Then the correct and seasoned advice you get is to speak to a tax professional.

They are the only people trained and skilled in the correct methods of doing taxes for IRS and State matters in the USA.

It is too risky to assume otherwise.

Good Luck.

:amen:

shani1212 09-12-2014 06:21 PM

Even though you receiving all the funds into your bank account and PayPal has your friend SS number on fine for 1099, it will eventually go under your friends tax returns. Your friend have to claim all the earnings/looses, not you. As mentioned tax related issues are not discussed here. I would highly recommend that you talk to your accountant about this.

rsot 09-13-2014 07:43 AM

@Exile, seasoned veterans true...but financial professional is paid, licensed...and dedicated for your interests (in general)

slapped 09-13-2014 08:45 AM

It looks like that there is a Tax Id Involved (Your Friends), if that is the case then you have a Mess on your hands, if not then it is not much of a problem,,,you DO need to talk to an accountant in your State, even though Federal Tax law is the same everywhere, each State has it own Tax Laws that are a little different from State to State, so the real truth is that NO One here can give you a Solid answer, nor should they

yankee 09-13-2014 11:33 AM

CPA are not state restricted, attorneys are... Just to clarify. You can hire any accountant you desire, it does not have to be in your state. Many big firms deal with all 50 states, most USA territories, Canada and Australia for example.

aspkin 09-13-2014 09:03 PM

Your friend will have to file it with his taxes.. you will have to reimburse him for his tax difference. It's how it goes.

Next time setup an LLC and get an EIN.

MM78 09-14-2014 12:28 AM

Apparently our advice NOT to use Friends, Family Info has not been taken serious.