eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   In need of some schooling advice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/7879-need-some-schooling-advice.html)

Seller 10-30-2008 07:26 PM

In need of some schooling advice

I am in a jam right now with school and I am asking around to see what people would do if they were in my shoes. I think this forum will have some good thoughts because I think most of you are or have been in my situation before.

Here is the scoop:

I returned to school this year to complete my second year of college as a business administration major. As you might guess my issue arises with my good for nothing major.

I am in a community college so I am planning to transfer at the end of this upcoming spring semester. So I will be transferring in the fall of 09. My issue is this. Should I continue to pursue this major or should I make the switch to something better. I really would like to get involved in the wind energy initiative, solar energy, aquaculture or desalination of water. So it would make sense to switch to environmental science.

The issue is this. I have very little science background and only some math background. So right now I am behind the eightball for what a 4 year school would want to see to be accepted. I can take chemistry, engineering and some calc this semester to try and get accepted (with not the best resume) or I can just continue on with business.

What would you do?

aspkin 10-30-2008 08:43 PM

Most of us here are entrepreneurs and most likely only did half our degrees.. well I did anyway. :)

I just take classes I know that will help me in the future or the present. If I need to learn more about a subject I take it.

If I were you I would look at the job potential of both the fields you want to go into. Alternative energy is gaining a lot of momentum right now and will probably be huge in the future.. but business admin is good too but then again everyone has it.

Do something you would like to do whether you got paid or not and you'll always be successful. If you like alternative energy work, then go for it.