eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Have you ever bought food online that you couldn't find at your local store? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/79031-have-you-ever-bought-food-online-you-couldnt-find-your-local-store.html)

imjustme 10-31-2014 07:35 AM

Have you ever bought food online that you couldn't find at your local store?

A few years ago, buying food online was almost non-existent but lately I've seen food stores and marketplaces popping up everywhere, both locally grown and delivered and specialty foods.

I'm wondering, what are the experiences for you guys? Have you bought food online in recent years and if so, what kind?

For me personally, I've lived in several countries in my life and have my favorite products in each of them, but I'm having a hard time finding shops online that sell them. I've found some through Amazon, though.

It seems like online buying and selling of food is one of the last frontiers on the internet that hasn't been cracked yet.

GreenBean 10-31-2014 07:45 AM

Re: Have you ever bought food online that you couldn't find at your local store?

I buy coffee, spices. I order baked items for the dogs as treats.

I use online ordering for fresh fruit and vegetables and sometimes meat.
The site actually delivers to restaurants and cafes. I do work for one of the cafes and they got me included.

Another lot of friends created this site
Discover the joy of cooking | HelloFresh

Helped them with a paypal issue ;)

For me, I could almost only shop online. However I love the concept of going to the markets and self-choosing ingredients.

:ranger:

BigCJ 10-31-2014 07:45 AM

Re: Have you ever bought food online that you couldn't find at your local store?

I just purchased some alligator meat. In my area, they just do not carry it.

I do not trust local stores with their meat any longer so its either take a hunting trip or buy exotics online.

JamesNorth101 10-31-2014 07:47 AM

The GF ordered reindeer meat online for Christmas last year.

I order a number of foods from EB that are sold in the US but not in the UK.

GreenBean 10-31-2014 08:19 AM

Surprised you have not heard of the numerous sites for expats?

Heaps of UK ones exist. There are some good USA ones as well.

I get mail order online from these fine people
Bruce Foods - Makers of Louisiana Hot Sauce, Cajun Injector, Bruce's Yams, Casa Fiesta - Bruce Foods

Gets sent to mah OR address & then onwards to Australia.

Yummy. Hmmmm, yummy.
:thumb:

MM78 10-31-2014 11:08 AM

I order all my McVitties cookies online, I've ordered candies from Australia a lot too.

rsot 11-01-2014 08:56 AM

:rip: Silk Road

oompaloompa 11-01-2014 11:32 AM

I buy health foods online and particularly sugar-free.