Acts Of Kindness - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 10-31-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Acts Of Kindness

So guys this is the first time i'm reaching out to people on this forum hopefully a good reply is given

Looking to do some acts of kindness in and around my local area
Need some good recommendation as to what i can do

-Dont want to give money as you never know if the person is genuinely in need or buying drugs or alcohol

Many Thanks

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Acts Of Kindness

When we were parking up a few nights ago to go to Nando's there was a guy sleeping rough in the corner of the car park.

When we ordered desert I also order 1/2 chicken and chips to take out, for the homeless guy. The waiter made some comment about desert then a take out, so I told him what it was for.

When he bought the food he also bough a slice of chocolate cake from the manager. Nice touch from them.

Yeah the guy stank like a case of brandy, but he was sure as hell grateful for the food.
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I like doing things for kids, so I donate to the Boston Childrens Hospital and make toy donations for Toys 4 Tots etc...

A lot of shelters and clinics need things such as band aid donations. You can buy a ton of band aids on ebay and make a huge difference. You can check your local places for these sorts of things.

I like donating rags and towels to animal shelters also. I try to make sure they are animal shelters that meet my personal beliefs as well.
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Every weekend from 1pm to 3pm I help out at my nearest library. I help out with homework or helping on reading to kids or people that need help with it.

Help out at your local library. You have no idea how grateful they will become. They always ask to me stay an extra hour. I sometimes do.

I dont consider it an act of kindness, I just like to teach but teaching as become just so political these days. Reason why I didn't study to become a teacher.

Last edited by yotano211; 10-31-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2014

Longevity: 90%

I never help anyone. I am a blood sucking bloody leech and Satan is my first name.
Old 11-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I contribute food on the regular to local homeless shelter where I volunteered while I was in school.

Rather thank giving money, you can contribute time if you are up to...United Way, afterschool programs, disadvantaged individuals...many options.
Old 11-01-2014
Threadstarter  

In my local town there are quite a few homeless last time it was Eid (I'm muslim) I gave a guy a £20 note as i felt in a good mood.
He got up cried and hugged me, That brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys will be sure to act upon them
The Following User Says Thank You to YEbayY For This Useful Post:
colt63 (11-01-2014)
Old 11-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I make an effort to smile and talk to people, particularly old people, when you do they are so pleased and their faces light up, alot of old people are lonely and want to talk.
colt63 (11-01-2014), yankee (11-01-2014)
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Happy Eid Mubarak in passing.
Old 11-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Happy Eid Mubarak in passing.
Just seen this
Thanks buddy
Old 11-13-2014

Longevity: 72%

Bought Tracfones that were on sale. After they were all used up via stealth, instead of topping them up with minutes, just donated them to charity or people in need. I'm sure they have their ways.

I also tutor computers as well as math and usually help with peoples schooling every now and then.

I also take the "old people" gangs out to eat sometimes. Usually my grandpa's friends. Lol.

Last edited by exxomscp; 11-13-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-18-2014

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueuk View Post
When we were parking up a few nights ago to go to Nando's there was a guy sleeping rough in the corner of the car park.

When we ordered desert I also order 1/2 chicken and chips to take out, for the homeless guy. The waiter made some comment about desert then a take out, so I told him what it was for.

When he bought the food he also bough a slice of chocolate cake from the manager. Nice touch from them.

Yeah the guy stank like a case of brandy, but he was sure as hell grateful for the food.
Off topic but I once had a guy ask for a piece of my cinnabun. On my way out I purchased him a bun and some milk. I remember my bun was not fully cooked and kinda soft but I have experienced that before.

Anyway this was in las vegas and was the morning of my last night. By mid afternoon I felt sick and had the runs and figured it was nothing. By night I was living in the bathroom every hour and could not keep down any liquids. It was the worst food poisoning I have ever had.

To this day I wonder if it was just me or if the homeless guy also got sick. :/
Old 11-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
Off topic but I once had a guy ask for a piece of my cinnabun. On my way out I purchased him a bun and some milk. I remember my bun was not fully cooked and kinda soft but I have experienced that before.

Anyway this was in las vegas and was the morning of my last night. By mid afternoon I felt sick and had the runs and figured it was nothing. By night I was living in the bathroom every hour and could not keep down any liquids. It was the worst food poisoning I have ever had.

To this day I wonder if it was just me or if the homeless guy also got sick. :/
Yikes user3657 - glad you recovered though...ate anything else you can recall?
Old 11-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Is there a doctor in the house?

Oh, rsot is here

Old 11-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Giving money to shelters, both for people and animals is a good way to go. But it does not have to be money. You could volunteer at a soup kitchen. Or, you could find a local animal shelter that needs some help. Some shelters actively seek families to come by for a couple of hours to play with the animals. Shelter employees may not always have the time to play and you could make some animals VERY HAPPY with a couple of hours of your time.

If I might make just a slight pitch here???

Every week, more than 50,000 dogs and cats are euthanized in the United States for no reason other than the lack of a loving home. If you were thinking of getting a pet for the kids, this is the perfect time of year to do it. Not that any time is a bad time.

If you ARE thinking about a pet, would you at least CONSIDER adoption? Most of these animals have nothing wrong with them. The shelters screen out the ones with issues. Many kittens and puppies are available. If you don't have the energy to deal with a kitten or a puppy, older animals need loving homes too. And if you are a mensch (a Jewish word for a great guy, the kind of guy every mother wants her daughter to marry) and can handle it, God has a special place in heaven for people who adopt special needs animals. Not only that, but the ladies will think you are SUPER-HOT!

If adoption is not a possibility, could you consider a donation? It does not have to be a million dollars, or even $100. It could be $10. Whatever is doable goes a long way to saving furry little lives.

And most shelters are always looking for donated goods - pet food, cat litter, dog toys, cat toys, catnip, cleaning supplies...

If you have a special skill (come on you IT guys!) you could volunteer to help with something in your area of expertise.

At the very least, if you know someone who is considering buying a pet, could you let them know that adoption is an option? There is NO SUCH THING as a second class living creature. You will not only be getting a pet, you will be saving TWO lives. The life of the pet you adopt and the animal who just got a place in the shelter because your new pet no longer needs that spot.

Did you know that every dog who played BENJI in the movies was a shelter animal?

Here is a website that has over 350,000 pets available for adoption right now, at this very moment, and is just waiting for you to click on this link:

https://www.petfinder.com/

Wait... why are you still reading this??? CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE!!!

Here is another link to the Petsmart charity where they have animals available for adoption too. Petsmart gives a ton of money to shelters every year as well. They are a wonderful company and deserve our support. But the most important part of the website is the adoption information part:

Find a PetSmart Charities® Everyday Adoption Center Near You | Petsmart Charities

Pets are awesome! They comfort you when you are down. Cats are ESPECIALLY AWESOME! They are loving, giving, self-cleaning and they also prevent eBay and Amazon account closures. OK, maybe I made that last one up...

But seriously, we lose too many loving, innocent animals every year to the grim reaper for no reason. All they want is a home, some tummy rubbies, a little bit of food and a lot of love.

Won't you open your home to one today? Or two? Or sixty-three??? Come on, there is always room for one more! PLEASE?????

Last edited by jeffweico; 11-18-2014 at 10:24 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-18-2014), MM78 (11-21-2014), rsot (11-19-2014)
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

jeffweico - 350000 pets...hoping for the best...
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

I would assume a similar situation exists in Canada, yes?

Remember, adopting a pet brings good karma into a home. And lots of love.
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I would assume a similar situation exists in Canada, yes?

Remember, adopting a pet brings good karma into a home. And lots of love.
Yes - a problem up here too...abandonment and mistreatment - especially worse in the urban areas :(

I usually don't adopt pets because of potential maltreatment by other people - when I get a pet, I keep it for life, rain or shine
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

The abused ones are the most rewarding! You are taking a creature that had a bad experience into your home and giving it a loving place to live. It may take awhile, but they always come around!

I have a cat named Cheena. When she got here, she squeezed under a 2" opening under the dresser and hid there for 2 days. She wouldn't come out (unless she did when I was asleep) for food, water, or even catnip. It took her a couple of weeks before she would come up to me, even for just a few precious moments. I petted her very gently and used a calm voice to reassure her everything was OK.

Within a few months, she would come running to the front door whenever she would hear it open, wondering who was coming over to pet her and play with her! She is an awesome cat and I love her to pieces. I don't know much about what she experienced early in life, except that she was thrown against a wall and some bones were broken. She healed and they thought she may never trust humans again. To this day, when she stretches, she shakes. But she is healthy, happy and pain free (we had a scan done to make sure she was not experiencing pain).

She has people here who lover her, her own chair, good food to eat and all the catnip she wants. When she wants water, she will come and get my attention. That is her way of telling me to go turn on the bathroom sink, so that she can have fresh water - no water from a bowl for her! She can be very insistent. But the queen always has her way.

It is so nice of her to allow me to live in her house and eat her leftovers.

Yes, I spoil her rotten, but I figure that just makes up for her early life.

I even sing her a song, which goes like the Jewish Dreidl song:

I have a little Cheena Cat
She's Made of fuss and fur
when the Jeffy pets the Cheena Cat
the Cheena, she will purr...

Oh Cheena, Cheena, Cheena,
she's always so much fun!
Oh, Cheena, Cheena, Cheena,
that's why she's number one!

She is a grey cat with subtle shades of brown in her fur. She is unique and I wouldn't trade her for a billion dollars. I love her more than I love most humans (I said MOST!) but most humans suck! She is my sweet, innocent little lady and the queen of my household.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-21-2014), rsot (11-20-2014)
Old 11-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Queen of the household....hmm
Old 11-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Queen of the household....hmm
Yes, the royal family... King Little Guy, Queen Cheena and Princess Sophie.
Old 11-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Little Guy haha good one