eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   How do you get banned from these forums? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/79613-how-do-you-get-banned-these-forums.html)

barkley70 11-16-2014 03:59 PM

How do you get banned from these forums?

I did a search and couldn't find the answer. I see a lot of older posts where the user has 'banned' as their level. Is there a set of rules to know so you don't get banned? After getting banned from ebay I feel I need to walk on eggshells! Thanks for the tips.

Bunneh 11-16-2014 04:00 PM

Re: How do you get banned from these forums?

You get banned for a number of reasons. Abuse & harassment is one of them.

Callidus 11-16-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkley70 (Post 608966)
I did a search and couldn't find the answer. I see a lot of older posts where the user has 'banned' as their level. Is there a set of rules to know so you don't get banned? After getting banned from ebay I feel I need to walk on eggshells! Thanks for the tips.

Usually the main rule is don't act like a tool on the forum and there won't be any issues.

:)

TGMT² 11-16-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkley70 (Post 608966)
Is there a set of rules to know so you don't get banned?

99.9% of the bans on this forum are being assigned to SCAMMERS and SPAMMERS.

The other .01% you don't have to worry about because we would have warned you several times before a actual ban takes place.

Really nothing to worry about, as we cherish our membership here. :)

GreenBean 11-16-2014 04:57 PM

Forum has a set of rules that users shoulde be aware exist.

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

aspkin endeavors to protect users. If non-approved users offer to sell you items, that is against the rules. That must be reported to stop scamming.

Good Luck
:ranger:

ilcarletto 11-17-2014 02:38 AM

If you get banned from here... just go to Ebay and ask them the "Back to Aspkin" guide. They might have it :lol:

...if you are banned from eBay and from this forum, well... then you are lost...

rsot 11-17-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 609177)
If you get banned from here... just go to Ebay and ask them the "Back to Aspkin" guide. They might have it :lol:

...if you are banned from eBay and from this forum, well... then you are lost...

Good one ilcarletto - way to flip it :d

GreenBean 11-17-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 609177)

Better be an up to date version though

:pound:

sax4 11-20-2014 07:05 AM

If you get banned from this forum then please don't use what you learned here to make another account ;)

rsot 11-20-2014 10:51 AM

Russian roulette with the ole ban hammer

vogeltron 11-23-2014 06:19 AM

Unfortunately even some of our best members turn Rouge. My favorite member and one the best and most helpful members on this forum for many years actually went scammer status. I have been told for various reasons I don't personally know. None the less the senior members know who I am talking about. It was heart breaking to hear about what she ended up doing after being such a great resource on the site for soo many years.

rsot 11-23-2014 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 611509)
Unfortunately even some of our best members turn Rouge. My favorite member and one the best and most helpful members on this forum for many years actually went scammer status. I have been told for various reasons I don't personally know. None the less the senior members know who I am talking about. It was heart breaking to hear about what she ended up doing after being such a great resource on the site for soo many years.

True vogeltron - wonder what happened with that story...never heard update

vogeltron 11-23-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 611516)
True vogeltron - wonder what happened with that story...never heard update

I was told the spouse was in a car accident according to the creator of this site. Even he was somewhat unsure of the truth. None the less things went bad and it broke my heart as I am sure as the other stealth users on here to help people out. It is so unfortunate it went bad. Like you so many of us are here solely to try our best to help other out. I don't know what happened it was unfortunate what happened to such a good member.

sax4 11-23-2014 08:17 AM

I don't know much about it, I did wonder whether she(he/it) planned it all along, or warmed to the idea over time. Call me cynical, but this person did seem overly nice!

elmo 11-23-2014 03:11 PM

She was without a doubt very helpful! Sometimes money makes people do irrational things

dealagreeproceed 11-24-2014 12:37 AM

probably still on here under a different name :doh::juggle::bump:

rsot 11-24-2014 06:09 AM

Just noticed another ban of a member who used to post a lot...

vogeltron 12-04-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 611535)
I don't know much about it, I did wonder whether she(he/it) planned it all along, or warmed to the idea over time. Call me cynical, but this person did seem overly nice!

The amount of knowledge this person possessed was incredible. Not trying to toot my own horn but I started stealth right when Aspkin first created the guide in 08. Some of the things she knew was really really impressive.

With all the personal time taken out to answer questions and help out members. I would be shocked if this was something planned. I truly do believe something went very very wrong.

rsot 12-04-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 615822)
The amount of knowledge this person possessed was incredible. Not trying to toot my own horn but I started stealth right when Aspkin first created the guide in 08. Some of the things she knew was really really impressive.

With all the personal time taken out to answer questions and help out members. I would be shocked if this was something planned. I truly do believe something went very very wrong.

The issue is vogeltron is even if something went very wrong...when that situation resolves, why not try to solve? No follow-up and restitution is what makes the whole affair unsettling

GreenBean 12-04-2014 05:57 AM

WTF are ya'll spruiking when ya'll do not know the full details?

Ya'll sound like a bunch of old women making uneducated guesses about situations.

If you were not a buyer directly damaged, then mind your own business. Go flood facebook with this crapola.

:mad:

rsot 12-04-2014 06:03 AM

Well consarnit - facebook is unfriendly /polishes glasses - morning Madam

vogeltron 12-13-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 615838)
WTF are ya'll spruiking when ya'll do not know the full details?

Ya'll sound like a bunch of old women making uneducated guesses about situations.

If you were not a buyer directly damaged, then mind your own business. Go flood facebook with this crapola.

:mad:

Please enlighten. The person I have mentioned went out of her way to help me on many occasions. I can not condone the accusations that I have heard about what happened. I think it is a travesty. I all honesty I do not believe this person would have spent so much time an energy being the most trusted person on this site in order to dupe people out of a few thousand dollars if some real **** did not go down. It is completely terrible what happened. I have had to piece it together. If you have a better story than please share I as well as other long term members would love to hear.