eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Agents (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/80579-agents.html)

undercoverdon 12-10-2014 05:30 PM

Agents

Has anyone ever thought someone on this site is 100% on Paypal's side? Working for Paypal?

GreenBean 12-10-2014 06:09 PM

Re: Agents

MM78 12-11-2014 12:29 AM

jeffweico 12-11-2014 01:35 AM

I'm sure that someone at PayPal is aware of this site. Certainly PayPal is aware that stealth exists. But I would doubt that they are monitoring it.

The only way they can fully stop stealth is to set up offices all over the US and - when a new personal applies for an account - they would first have to go to a PayPal office to show their ID card and be fingerprinted.

The result would be a HUGE loss in business for them. They would never do it. And most stealthers are not fraudsters. They lose a LOT more money to the people who send all those phishing emails and steal people's account information. THAT I am sure they are actively trying to stop, just like every other financial institution on earth.

As an FYI, along those lines, I just got a new Bank of America debit card in the mail today and it has a chip on it - just like the European accounts have had for many years now. It makes the cards a lot harder for the criminals to counterfeit.

trosky 12-11-2014 04:10 AM

I got one of those BoA cards too, and my chase credit card was replaced by one with the chip too, they're all working them in into their systems

rsot 12-11-2014 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trosky (Post 618678)
I got one of those BoA cards too, and my chase credit card was replaced by one with the chip too, they're all working them in into their systems

All in cahoots you say? :FF: :eek:

GreenBean 12-11-2014 06:00 AM

All the cards in Australia have these chips.

Been that way for the past years.

We're in the know with chips.

:FF:

rsot 12-11-2014 09:50 AM

vogeltron 12-15-2014 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 618638)
I'm sure that someone at PayPal is aware of this site. Certainly PayPal is aware that stealth exists. But I would doubt that they are monitoring it.

The only way they can fully stop stealth is to set up offices all over the US and - when a new personal applies for an account - they would first have to go to a PayPal office to show their ID card and be fingerprinted.

The result would be a HUGE loss in business for them. They would never do it. And most stealthers are not fraudsters. They lose a LOT more money to the people who send all those phishing emails and steal people's account information. THAT I am sure they are actively trying to stop, just like every other financial institution on earth.

As an FYI, along those lines, I just got a new Bank of America debit card in the mail today and it has a chip on it - just like the European accounts have had for many years now. It makes the cards a lot harder for the criminals to counterfeit.

Honestly why would they even care if you have stealth accounts if you are running them properly. That is just fees for them. Yes, if you have a history of being a shyster I understand. If you are like many of us on here that have run stealth accounts for 5 or 6 years with no funny business. Then as a group we just add to their bottom line.

jeffweico 12-15-2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 618706)
All in cahoots you say? :FF: :eek:

It is a mandate from the industry group that is in charge of credit cards. They decided to make the move to chips before the government did it for them.

The chips don't eliminate fraud, they just make it more difficult.

RosieTosie 12-15-2014 06:56 AM

Its taken American banks THIS long to get chip n'pin cards! Why!

JamesNorth101 12-15-2014 07:05 AM

Really strange that you do not use chip and pin in the US on a wide scale. Its been on nearly all cards in the UK for near enough 9 years now.

Have you guys got contactless payment card?

rsot 12-15-2014 09:10 AM

True that - history of being shyster...that's what the default system looks for

Salvo 12-16-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 620270)
Really strange that you do not use chip and pin in the US on a wide scale. Its been on nearly all cards in the UK for near enough 9 years now.

Have you guys got contactless payment card?

There are some cards that allow you to just tap them (or your whole wallet, roulette-style if you have more than 1!) against the POS terminal to process, it's called RFID. I remember when this came out though, people were walking through the mall just skimming peoples cards with a wireless scanner so many were just raw unencrypted data :rolleyes:

rsot 12-17-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvo (Post 620965)
There are some cards that allow you to just tap them (or your whole wallet, roulette-style if you have more than 1!) against the POS terminal to process, it's called RFID. I remember when this came out though, people were walking through the mall just skimming peoples cards with a wireless scanner so many were just raw unencrypted data :rolleyes:

I read about that...goldmine for the fraudsters

GreenBean 12-19-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 620269)
Its taken American banks THIS long to get chip n'pin cards! Why!

It's the banking industry.

There's a discreet typo there though

;)

RosieTosie 12-19-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 621777)
It's the banking industry.

There's a discreet typo there though

;)

Banks eh! Don't you just love 'em! Not! They screwed up the UK economy for us and then ended up running the country in the form of our current CON of a government!