eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   completely Off Topic (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/81881-completely-off-topic.html)

ooooo.halo 01-17-2015 04:12 PM

completely Off Topic

I hope this part of the forum is ok for me to post something completely off topic.

Its my sons 18th birthday in three weeks and have started to arrange a surprise party....loads of family members all joining to celebrate.
Well blow me down, my dad of all people has let the cat out of the bag. Im furious but nothing i can do.
Has anyone any suggestions of any extras i can do for the same evening.as a surprise. I will tell noone but myself lol.
I feel like the whole evening is not a surprise anymore and feel the need to add some extra things to the evwning to make it a surprise.
Im not a huge seller on here and just getting by and dont have a lot of money so i would be greatful if any of you guys could offer some suggestions where i can pull back some control and have some sort of surprise.
Thank you :-)

jacomputers1 01-17-2015 09:29 PM

Re: completely Off Topic

what sort of surprise are you looking for? I hope you've ordered him a stripper! :P

Bunneh 01-18-2015 12:18 AM

What type of things is your son into?

So we can look at some idea's?

ooooo.halo 01-18-2015 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 632658)
What type of things is your son into?

So we can look at some idea's?

Thanks bunneh.
He is into football, racing and.golf :-)

ooooo.halo 01-18-2015 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacomputers1 (Post 632622)
what sort of surprise are you looking for? I hope you've ordered him a stripper! :P

Errrrrrrrrr.....NO lol
The older family member would have a heart attack :lol:

oompaloompa 01-18-2015 05:43 AM

one of those racing days where they race cars around a track.

golf membership lite.

a car or money towards one.

or are you looking for someting in a particular budget?

ooooo.halo 01-18-2015 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 632701)
one of those racing days where they race cars around a track.

golf membership lite.

a car or money towards one.

or are you looking for someting in a particular budget?

Yes...i like the idea of golf membership. Thats a great idea.and will look into.that. Maybe driving lessons.voucher?
Was giving him some money too.

Racing....not cars. Horses lol :-)

Its the surprise party im upset about as no longer a surprise. Is there anything you.could think of that i could kinda add to party to make it more of a.surprise. As it stands its a family get together in a nice pub who have allowed me to pay to have the lounge area to ourselves and not the public.

Yes on a budget. Ten days after its my daughters 1st birthday and sons 5th birthday. More expense with them being born on the same day. So money kind of tight :-)

rsot 01-18-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 632705)
Yes on a budget. Ten days after its my daughters 1st birthday and sons 5th birthday. More expense with them being born on the same day. So money kind of tight :-)

Wow - and horse racing is quite the pricey business - perhaps a horse racing lesson or so too

ilcarletto 01-18-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 632705)
Its the surprise party im upset about as no longer a surprise. Is there anything you.could think of that i could kinda add to party to make it more of a.surprise.

What about pretending to have argued with your father for that reason and tell to your son that "there will be no party at all!!!" ? Could it be done? Will your son believe that?
Then try to find an alternative place/solution for the party... a real surprise this time. Maybe late in the evening so he is not expecting it anymore.

This one could be also considered as a present for his sport:

Custom Logo Golf Balls, Shirts and Products - Golfballs.com

ooooo.halo 01-18-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 632774)
What about pretending to have argued with your father for that reason and tell to your son that "there will be no party at all!!!" ? Could it be done? Will your son believe that?
Then try to find an alternative place/solution for the party... a real surprise this time. Maybe late in the evening so he is not expecting it anymore.

This one could be also considered as a present for his sport:

Custom Logo Golf Balls, Shirts and Products - Golfballs.com

That thought had crossed my mind but the excitement is there for him and couldnt take that away from him now.

Thanks very much for that link. Im going to have a look at that tonight. He loves golf

He is very shy for his age plus the day will be difficult.coz we lost his dad a couple of years ago an illness so it will be hard him not being there.

Thinking of setting off a chinese lantern for him with everyone there as i think he would appreciate that :-)

ilcarletto 01-18-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 632792)
That thought had crossed my mind but the excitement is there for him and couldnt take that away from him now.

Thanks very much for that link. Im going to have a look at that tonight. He loves golf

He is very shy for his age plus the day will be difficult.coz we lost his dad a couple of years ago an illness so it will be hard him not being there.

Thinking of setting off a chinese lantern for him with everyone there as i think he would appreciate that :-)

You will find the best solution for him, I am sure of that.
:thumb:

ooooo.halo 01-18-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 632793)
You will find the best solution for him, I am sure of that.
:thumb:

Thank you.
Just disappointed that the surprise element has gone.

Ompalumpa,s suggestion of golf membership has made me think of driving lessons but not sure if i can get his provisional licence without him knowing :-)

Bunneh 01-18-2015 01:22 PM

ooooo.halo 01-18-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 632801)

Hi Bunneh

My fault for not explaining better. He likes horse racing, not cars.
My fault :lol:
But hey, those car experiences do look fab.

Im kinda thinking the driving lessons would be good as that would be a surprise but do you kbow if i can get his provisional licence without him knowing?
Also would i get it back in time as birthday is in 3 weeks.
If not, can i still buy the lessons and tell company that he will use them when he gets his provisional??
Sorry for all the questions.
My dad is giving him a good amount of money as is my mum so he.could buy one out of their money if he wanted.

I wish i could get him one but no can do :-(
Im gonna give him some cash, ive paid for the party venue and catering plus a couple of personalised stuff and what little ive got left will hopefully get him some lessons.

I loved ooompalumpas golf membership idea but my son is in college and his friends all work so he perhaps wouldnt get the moneys worth out of a membership and being winter as well might put him off...its.snowing where i am :-)

Bunneh 01-18-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 632863)
Hi Bunneh

My fault for not explaining better. He likes horse racing, not cars.
My fault :lol:
But hey, those car experiences do look fab.

Im kinda thinking the driving lessons would be good as that would be a surprise but do you kbow if i can get his provisional licence without him knowing?
Also would i get it back in time as birthday is in 3 weeks.
If not, can i still buy the lessons and tell company that he will use them when he gets his provisional??
Sorry for all the questions.
My dad is giving him a good amount of money as is my mum so he.could buy one out of their money if he wanted.

I wish i could get him one but no can do :-(
Im gonna give him some cash, ive paid for the party venue and catering plus a couple of personalised stuff and what little ive got left will hopefully get him some lessons.

I loved ooompalumpas golf membership idea but my son is in college and his friends all work so he perhaps wouldnt get the moneys worth out of a membership and being winter as well might put him off...its.snowing where i am :-)

If the provisional licence works the way i think it does, He has to do a written test to get it so no you wouldn't be able to get it for him then.

My licence was just converted to British so not completely sure lol..

You might be able to get gift vouchers for driving tests from one of the schools in your area's?

ooooo.halo 01-18-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 632888)
If the provisional licence works the way i think it does, He has to do a written test to get it so no you wouldn't be able to get it for him then.

My licence was just converted to British so not completely sure lol..

You might be able to get gift vouchers for driving tests from one of the schools in your area's?

I will research this tomorrow.....but the gift vouchers for lessons sounds a great idea and i will definately be calling round a few places tomorrow to get info.
Thanks.Bunneh
Il post tomorrow and let you know how i get on :-)

rsot 01-19-2015 09:40 AM

Best of luck halo - sounds like a big event in the works :)

ooooo.halo 01-19-2015 12:21 PM

Bunneh....got sorted with vouchers for lessons. All.comes in a gift box with related goodies like L plates and books and cd roms etc.... Thank you.

Ooompalunpa...thankyou for thinking i meant racing cars instead of horses coz you planted the idea ibto mymind.

IIm so happy now after the disaster surprise let down but now i have something that has turned everythibg round for the better. Thanks both of you :-)

Bunneh 01-19-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 633111)
Bunneh....got sorted with vouchers for lessons. All.comes in a gift box with related goodies like L plates and books and cd roms etc.... Thank you.

Ooompalunpa...thankyou for thinking i meant racing cars instead of horses coz you planted the idea ibto mymind.

IIm so happy now after the disaster surprise let down but now i have something that has turned everythibg round for the better. Thanks both of you :-)

YAY that sounds absolutely BRILLIANT! more than what i thought you would et from a school x

ooooo.halo 02-11-2015 06:29 PM

Tonight was a success.
Thanks bunneh and ooompa for driving idea. Went down a storm.

Must take myself off to bed now...hiccup lol
X

RosieTosie 02-11-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 641431)
Tonight was a success.
Thanks bunneh and ooompa for driving idea. Went down a storm.

Must take myself off to bed now...hiccup lol
X

Hehe it was clearly a very good night halo honey!

ooooo.halo 02-11-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 641432)
Hehe it was clearly a very good night halo honey!

Hey RT...I feel a little sick so will see what ive missed on.here, then sleep time :-)