eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   USPS increasing prices starting April 26 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/84278-usps-increasing-prices-starting-april-26-a.html)

Salvo 03-27-2015 03:49 PM

USPS increasing prices starting April 26

I just saw this today, looks like USPS is increasing it's rate for most of it's shipping options except priority flat-rates starting Sunday April 26.
1st class up by about $0.11-0.16 depending on weight.
Parcel select is going up about 9.8%, but for zones 1-4 it is cheaper for packages 6- 24lbs.

Stamps.com Blog ยป USPS Announces Postage Rate Increase – New Postage Rates Start April 26, 2015

rsot 03-28-2015 08:00 AM

Re: USPS increasing prices starting April 26

Postal rates will ALWAYS goes up - year after year - annoying as fug

slokor 03-28-2015 02:43 PM

Gotta love inflation.

glacier922 03-28-2015 05:50 PM

Our dollar going down the toilet

slokor 03-28-2015 07:22 PM

Actually the value of the dollar has gone up a LOT in the last 6 months compared to pretty much every other currency in the world. It increased on average about 20-25%.
The US dollar is doing very well these days. And once the fed hike the interest rate it will shoot up even further.

rsot 03-29-2015 07:02 AM

Tell me about it slokor - CAD has lost a lot of value vs USD...great for my USD holdings however

wtfebay 03-29-2015 09:59 AM

This is nothing new...rates go up every year. USPS gets no federal help, and are not a federal agency. They have to stay afloat somehow....remember all the post offices they closed down and some areas that no longer have Saturday delivery?

dealagreeproceed 03-29-2015 01:18 PM

hey gas prices are cheaper tho comeeeeee on usps!:ballchain:

dealagreeproceed 03-29-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 654869)
This is nothing new...rates go up every year. USPS gets no federal help, and are not a federal agency. They have to stay afloat somehow....remember all the post offices they closed down and some areas that no longer have Saturday delivery?

why don't they stay afloat how any other business stays afloat, ie make a profit! corruption at its finest...

jeffweico 03-29-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 654925)
why don't they stay afloat how any other business stays afloat, ie make a profit! corruption at its finest...

Ummm... Postage rates ARE how they make a profit. They also have been hurt by the US Congress passing a law making them pre-fund their pension obligations, something no other business has to do. I don't think they have much of a choice but to raise rates.

All in all, they are still the cheapest way to send most packages.

Beware politicians who claim they want to make them more efficient by handing it over to private enterprise. In Chicago, they did this with parking meters, and the rates SKYROCKETED! Before, it used to be finding a couple of quarters to "feed the meter". NOW, they take credit cards! In many areas, parking went from 50 cents or a dollar an hour to $5 or $6 per hour. The fact is, private enterprise is NOT always better at everything than the government.

dealagreeproceed 03-29-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 654930)
Ummm... Postage rates ARE how they make a profit. They also have been hurt by the US Congress passing a law making them pre-fund their pension obligations, something no other business has to do. I don't think they have much of a choice but to raise rates.

All in all, they are still the cheapest way to send most packages.

Beware politicians who claim they want to make them more efficient by handing it over to private enterprise. In Chicago, they did this with parking meters, and the rates SKYROCKETED! Before, it used to be finding a couple of quarters to "feed the meter". NOW, they take credit cards! In many areas, parking went from 50 cents or a dollar an hour to $5 or $6 per hour. The fact is, private enterprise is NOT always better at everything than the government.

yea I understand postage rates are how they make a profit, that's quite obvious :mad2:...

what im saying is no matter how much they increase it seems they will never supposedly be in the green which is weird.

n yes their still cheapest for now for sure.

hmmm so what your saying is the reason for their woes are in part because of their overpaid employees n their pensions? interesting
poor usps I feel so bad:violin:

vogeltron 03-30-2015 07:46 PM

Like everyone else I don't enjoy USPS price increases. However it does appear to be minimal compared to some previous years.

vogeltron 03-30-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 654689)
Actually the value of the dollar has gone up a LOT in the last 6 months compared to pretty much every other currency in the world. It increased on average about 20-25%.
The US dollar is doing very well these days. And once the fed hike the interest rate it will shoot up even further.

We are more likely to get another round of QE than a raise in interest rates. It been like 6 years and they can't even raise it a few basis points. Overdue for a huge correction especially in the stock market. All the earnings are being goosed by stock buybacks. Every time stock buybacks get this high it is right before stuff hits the fan. I expect a major slow down in the US come late Q3 and into Q4.

gamezoom 03-31-2015 10:52 AM

guys dont worry we know people who are creating a P2P shipping network.

nivo 03-31-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 654827)
Tell me about it slokor - CAD has lost a lot of value vs USD...great for my USD holdings however

I looked up CAD the other day and my mind was blown.. Really the USD $ is kinda up but you will never feel that living in the country obviously.

Just be glad gas is $2.20-$2.50.. could be close to $4+ like a few years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvo (Post 654429)
Parcel select is going up about 9.8%, but for zones 1-4 it is cheaper for packages 6- 24lbs.

I do like the potential decrease for parcel. Although most of my items in that weight range are laptops. Most people that buy laptops live in CA (zone 5/6 for me) and then I typically end up paying for Priority as it is cheaper :/

rsot 04-01-2015 08:06 AM

We should all chip in for an Aspkin corporate account with discount shipping rates....and then use and abuse until it gets busted :FF:

vogeltron 05-08-2015 04:52 AM

I didn't notice any price increase shipping First Class through eBay? Was this a physical or old school stamp increase only?