eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   make small boxes out of big ones. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/92751-make-small-boxes-out-big-ones.html)

oompaloompa 01-08-2016 02:28 PM

make small boxes out of big ones.

You know all those massive boxes with big orders that arrive, the 4 tall plus ones...

tired of driving them to recycling place...

I always need small boxes, I use several per day, and sometimes have to buy them.....

I tried making smaller boxes out of them, bit time consuming, and they look bit wonky...anyone do this?

brandnewboss 01-08-2016 05:44 PM

Re: make small boxes out of big ones.

Sounds like a lot of work, I just get the free ones from the post office.

GreenBean 01-08-2016 05:55 PM

I do.

Use a guillotine. I vary up the sizes and chop away. Need lots of strips of cardboard to pack certain items. Found that was needed because daft buyers were throwing out the paper wrapped goodies.
I then buy cheap masking tape and wrap everything.

:typing:

rsot 01-08-2016 08:49 PM

I also routinely cut up the big boxes and re-use them to make small ones - bit more time consuming but it's solid recycling :)

Masking tape like GB stated works wonders.

MM78 01-08-2016 09:26 PM

I drive up and down alleys looking for boxes.

ilcarletto 01-09-2016 05:20 AM

Very easy oompa, this is what you need!

;)

luckoftheirish93 01-09-2016 09:44 AM

i do this all the time requires a lot of sticky tape but it saves the planet and you save money so why not?

phaz0rz 01-09-2016 09:53 AM

I recycle boxes daily also. 90% of the time if I sent something out in a box it is a free USPS Priority box, but on occasions when it is cheaper to ship with another service I'll cut a box up in a heartbeat. I've become pretty good at it.

Haidukken 01-09-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 735637)
I drive up and down alleys looking for boxes.

You sure that the only reason why you are lurking around in creepy alleys?:spy:

I order packing material in bulk and usually they deliver in huge boxes, so I always re-use cardboard. I want to save the dolphins and stuff, so I try to use everything. Even the plastic bag that they send my bubble wrap in, I use that to stuff some bigger boxes.

Good source for cardboard boxes: Your local supermarket. Whenever I need boxes I just go talk to the store manager and ask them to just NOT bail it at the end of the day and I'll go and collect.
Its free, it saves them time and you know... Why not?

There is also a window company near me that receives all their windows packed in this material:
http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1CCNGI...for-laptop.jpg

The owner was out there trying to pack it up, to get rid of it and I just asked if I could take it and he said he would be willing to PAY me to get rid of that stuff, so now I've got a solid supply of that stuff as well.
Customers love it, I love it and by helping myself, I'm actually helping someone out for real and they are happy with the outcome.

Packing material is waste material, and there are so many sources of waste products out there that could be recycled into more useful things- Like packing.

brandnewboss 01-09-2016 11:17 AM

I like to keep it professional looking, a homemade box just wouldn't look right..

Besides who needs to save the planet anyway, the earth is flat...

MM78 01-09-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haidukken (Post 735792)
You sure that the only reason why you are lurking around in creepy alleys?:spy:

You got me...I'm Jack the Ripper's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandson.....

Quote:

I want to save the dolphins and stuff, so I try to use everything.
Why? Dolphin's make delicious tuna...lol jk

Quote:

There is also a window company near me that receives all their windows packed in this material:
http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1CCNGI...for-laptop.jpg

The owner was out there trying to pack it up, to get rid of it and I just asked if I could take it and he said he would be willing to PAY me to get rid of that stuff, so now I've got a solid supply of that stuff as well.
Lucky!

phaz0rz 01-09-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewboss (Post 735811)
I like to keep it professional looking, a homemade box just wouldn't look right..

Haha that was my state of mind until I sold 3 computers and had to pay $60 to the UPS store for 3 boxes to put them in. If you are good at cutting boxes you can make them look professional. All boxes start as a flat piece of cardboard.

MM78 01-09-2016 01:01 PM

phaz0rz 01-09-2016 01:03 PM

^^Now there is someone who knows how to ship on a budget!

yotano211 01-09-2016 11:35 PM

I use a lot of envelopes instead of boxes. I order the bigger 14.5 x19 envelopes and cut them into smaller portions. I am able to cut my envelope costs by 60%.

yaBeh8ater 01-14-2016 02:19 PM

im with mm78. boxes start out flat but even i cant manage to square them out.

just_smile 01-14-2016 02:32 PM

That stuff is bulletproof haidukken,. Good work.

Recycling packing material is always a good idea if possible.