eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Hoime Alone for the first time in over 20 years... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/97107-hoime-alone-first-time-over-20-years.html)

jeffweico 06-10-2016 01:48 AM

Hoime Alone for the first time in over 20 years...

Well, I am home alone for the first time in 20 years. The family went on a vacation and I am staying behind to manage the business. I don't mind doing it, but it seems so weird being at home alone. I mean, YES, I have been home alone before, but not for ten days.

Anyone been through this before?

I'm OK, don't get me wrong, but I can really feel for an older person who was married for a long time and then their spouse dies. I never thought about that before. It is not a terrible feeling or anything, but it is VERY different.

ilcarletto 06-10-2016 03:04 AM

Re: Hoime Alone for the first time in over 20 years...

jeffweico, I am rarely in the same situation and I was never alone for more than a day or so.

Reaction to this I think it is quite peculiar to each single person but I don't usually have "sad" or depressing feelings. I take it as a "holyday" from my routine life.

When I am with my wife and son I am very happy but time seems to be warped and squeezed, there is always something to do or take care of.
I think that sometime is good to have a period of time "off". It is good for everyone, (personally experienced when I am away for business for a couple of days).

When I am home alone I feel like I can do anything I want, when I want.
I am very thrilled for the first few hours then kind of boring feeling start to kick in...

Anyway I try to enjoy the loneliness doing things that I normally do not do like playing my guitar at night or listening to music in the very early morning... leaving dishes to be washed, litter to be taken outside... stuff like that ;)

I am glad my wife is not reading this forum :lol:

unkown5454 06-10-2016 03:17 AM

so so soft

jeffweico 06-10-2016 04:15 AM

I'm not feeling lonely. Just strange, like something has gone topsy-turvey with the world.

ilcarletto 06-10-2016 04:47 AM

That is a "gem" of a feeling... you love the ones who went away and you are so used to live with them that now you feel that something is missing.

It is like trying to walk but with just one leg...

P.S.: I have the solution. I will stay at your home for a week or so. This way I'll have a "break" from my routine life and you are not alone.. right? :thumb:

I'll bring the coffee.

miketyson 06-10-2016 06:15 AM

Sometimes it's not good to be alone. Sometimes it is. Ive notice you end up not getting as much done as you would like. Trying to do too much. I've done the whole go away and have fun I need to stay and take care of business. I regret it need to take time off and get away too and then when you get back you feel refresh and do things in a better different way new outlook.

Have fun and behave yourself you need the break home or as excited as you were "hoime alone" 20 years is a long time enjoy it just like the movie lol.

rsot 06-10-2016 06:29 AM

That is cool to be open about the feeling jeff :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ZL._SY445_.jpg

oompaloompa 06-10-2016 03:22 PM

Roger the alien (American dad) has many families....so my suggestion is to keep a back-up family for such occasions....

yotano211 06-11-2016 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 778766)
Roger the alien (American dad) has many families....so my suggestion is to keep a back-up family for such occasions....

Start making those stealth families before they get limited.

yotano211 06-11-2016 12:50 AM

I do more when I am alone than with someone. But I have been alone for almost 12 years. I have gotten used to been alone.

muzzie 06-11-2016 07:51 AM

I live alone for 1 year now. Kinda enjoying it.

newjerseymax 06-11-2016 02:11 PM

I will be going though this in 2 weeks as my family will be visiting other family, while I stay home to take care of business...

Usually I go, and something always happens to business when gone. Usually fixable, however this year gonna work through it so I can have the best selling season. It will give me 2 quiet weeks to get accounts in order... I want to retire soon and just work with my rental properties, so gonna try to get one more rental after this season...

I'm looking forward to the quiet time...

dealagreeproceed 06-11-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 778954)
I will be going though this in 2 weeks as my family will be visiting other family, while I stay home to take care of business...

Usually I go, and something always happens to business when gone. Usually fixable, however this year gonna work through it so I can have the best selling season. It will give me 2 quiet weeks to get accounts in order... I want to retire soon and just work with my rental properties, so gonna try to get one more rental after this season...

I want to buy your accounts off you when you retire...:boink:

yotano211 06-11-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 778954)

Same here, when I am gone for a few days, I always get so many problems from buyers. I try to take some things with me, mostly the higher profit margin items, but someone always has an issue with something that I didn't bring with me in the car.

Last year I went on vacation for several weeks I lost 2 good accounts. I didnt care to lose them but still. 2 more years until bye bye ebay.

rsot 06-12-2016 09:18 PM

@jeff, how are you holding up this weekend?

yaBeh8ater 06-13-2016 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 778650)
Well, I am home alone for the first time in 20 years. The family went on a vacation and I am staying behind to manage the business. I don't mind doing it, but it seems so weird being at home alone. I mean, YES, I have been home alone before, but not for ten days.

Anyone been through this before?

I'm OK, don't get me wrong, but I can really feel for an older person who was married for a long time and then their spouse dies. I never thought about that before. It is not a terrible feeling or anything, but it is VERY different.

the family went on vacation and left grand pa home alone.

anyways, i prefer being alone. 10 days is nothing. i wish i wouldnt be bothered for 6 months. maybe then i could get s h i t done.

yaBeh8ater 06-13-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 778766)

stealth families!!!!

yaBeh8ater 06-13-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 778846)
Start making those stealth families before they get limited.

mother****er stole my line!

ilcarletto 06-13-2016 06:26 AM

Careful... If you have "stealth families", linking could be a really serious problem.

oompaloompa 06-15-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 779297)
Careful... If you have "stealth families", linking could be a really serious problem.

yes, that is what happened to Roger with his stealth families, he got caught/linked...

In fact ilcarletto, your avatar is remarkably like Roger in one of his many disguises....

ilcarletto 06-16-2016 01:13 AM

LOL, I do not have stealth families... one is more than enough ;)