eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   suggestions on moving a loaded shelf? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/99010-suggestions-moving-loaded-shelf.html)

user3657 08-26-2016 08:32 PM

suggestions on moving a loaded shelf?

Had a sewage backup flood the basement. I have a few shelves that will need to be moved a couple of times. The shelves are the ones you buy at the hardware store and just snap them into each other.

Im trying to figure out a way I can move them without having to box everything up.

The longest one is 72in, there is no way I can man handle it.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had to do this? or if anyone has any ideas?

tom191 08-26-2016 09:04 PM

Re: suggestions on moving a loaded shelf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by user3657 (Post 795542)
Had a sewage backup flood the basement. I have a few shelves that will need to be moved a couple of times. The shelves are the ones you buy at the hardware store and just snap them into each other.

Im trying to figure out a way I can move them without having to box everything up.

The longest one is 72in, there is no way I can man handle it.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had to do this? or if anyone has any ideas?

I love this!

A picture would really help but if its flimsy it's all going to loosen at the lest or come apart at the worst. I would just roll my sleeves up and pack everything and do it right once rather then:

Wrong once pulling it to the other side of the basement
Wrong a second time trying to pull it back hoping it dosn't get worse
The right way anyhow after it completely comes apart on the way back

So in the long run the hard way is really the EASIER way!

Just my experience talking!!!!!

user3657 08-27-2016 06:10 AM

I just feel packing everything up is just wasted time and not an ideal solution due to missed sales.

I purchased some sliders and they work pretty good, esp on the smaller shelves. I had some problems trying to lift the bigger shelf up so I managed to use some chisels/crowbar and hammer to wedge the slider under.

The sliders are not the ideal solution for the big shelf, they will work but im still trying to think how to jack it up enough to put on casters or dollies.

Gonna buy some shrink wrap to prevent anything from falling off and could always get some jb weld to keep it from coming apart.

rsot 08-27-2016 06:24 AM

It is a hassle but packing up is a safe alternative to try and hauling that full shelf loaded...if things fall....you will have to pack up anyhow right?

Emporium 08-27-2016 09:01 AM

Maybe a dolly or a hand truck or multiple people to help? I would say just box everything up to be honest.