eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Forum Suggestions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/forum-suggestions/)
-   -   Seller partnerships (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/forum-suggestions/144680-seller-partnerships.html)

mgssd 07-25-2021 11:11 PM

Seller partnerships

With the new Ebay Managed Payments up and running I imagine there are many former stealthers (myself included) who are left out if the cold.

I'm currently trying to make partnerships with sellers to dropship my items through their accounts. I think there is demand for this sort of thing now so perhaps providing a section for it would be beneficial?

I don't think it fits into the marketplace section

ievar 07-26-2021 01:25 PM

Re: Seller partnerships

[QUOTE=mgssd;1164208]With the new Ebay Managed Payments up and running I imagine there are many former stealthers (myself included) who are left out if the cold.

I'm currently trying to make partnerships with sellers to dropship my items through their accounts. I think there is demand for this sort of thing now so perhaps providing a section for it would be beneficial?

I don't think it fits into the marketplace section[/QUOTam

Am interested in it plz pm me

ebaystealth1974 07-26-2021 04:28 PM

Is it a good seller, and how many sales can you handle a day?

agent006140 07-26-2021 08:58 PM

what do you sell?

rsot 07-27-2021 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1164337)
what do you sell?

Got to pay to play, agent

Bigblackdog 07-27-2021 01:02 PM

Simple question - why would anyone go into a dropshipping arrangement with someone they do not know from another country?

If someone has a fully functioning MP account what price would they want to allow someone else to put that account at risk? Let's be realistic here people - if you sell and your dropship partner does not deliver - who pays?

How would the financing work? You take the money into your bank and then pay it out to your dropshipper - is that before or after the item has been delivered? You get asked for invoices - can they supply them so that you do not lose your account? - that's important!

What about year end accounting and tax?

What about VAT liability?

For the dropshipper it's great - they take their money into any old bank account and just disappear into the ether but the account holder is left holding the baby with a clear and definite paper trail

It can be done - but I would suggest selling on consignment rather than dropshipping - and get the paper trail and finances in place first

If anyone out there thinks this is simple and risk free please contact me as I have a wonderful bridge in London that I can let you have at a very cheap price for a cash deal

:ranger:

Hank 07-27-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1164381)
Got to pay to play, agent

I'll tell them for free. Kitchen appliances.

MagicBox 09-29-2021 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgssd (Post 1164208)
With the new Ebay Managed Payments up and running I imagine there are many former stealthers (myself included) who are left out if the cold.

I don't think it fits into the marketplace section

DM me thnx

rsot 09-29-2021 04:36 AM

OP has not been active in some time here MagicBox

mgssd 10-04-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicBox (Post 1171101)
DM me thnx

Hi there, unfortunately I am unable to pm you. I'll try to find a workaround

mgssd 10-04-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1171110)
OP has not been active in some time here MagicBox

I'm here rsot

Did you see the email I sent you a while back? I'm worried you might have missed it

agent006140 10-04-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1164443)
I'll tell them for free. Kitchen appliances.

good luck.

murdered_by_ebay 10-04-2021 04:58 PM

such a model can only work if merch is shipped to the seller so that the seller control the delivery process. this way they can pay out faster and have less risks

and all this can be done as purchase and resale with invoices etc.

but having the items delivered by someone else somehwere is an issue as the risks are high for the ebay account owner

agent006140 10-04-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1164442)
Simple question - why would anyone go into a dropshipping arrangement with someone they do not know from another country?

If someone has a fully functioning MP account what price would they want to allow someone else to put that account at risk? Let's be realistic here people - if you sell and your dropship partner does not deliver - who pays?

How would the financing work? You take the money into your bank and then pay it out to your dropshipper - is that before or after the item has been delivered? You get asked for invoices - can they supply them so that you do not lose your account? - that's important!

What about year end accounting and tax?

What about VAT liability?

For the dropshipper it's great - they take their money into any old bank account and just disappear into the ether but the account holder is left holding the baby with a clear and definite paper trail

It can be done - but I would suggest selling on consignment rather than dropshipping - and get the paper trail and finances in place first

If anyone out there thinks this is simple and risk free please contact me as I have a wonderful bridge in London that I can let you have at a very cheap price for a cash deal

it could work but you must find out first how reliable is the dropshipper,where does he source his merchandise and what kind of merchandise he is selling.
say you know nothing of what he is selling and you cant answer some of the questions like how to operate it,what is the tarriff and is it forbidden in some countries?
You dont want to remit the sales proceeds as soon as it is shipped and delivered,hold on to it for x number of days just in case.
In cyberspace it is hard to verify what people said,does he have a store,does he own the business ?he can show you pic of a store,anyone can do that.
OP has stealth account,so you wonder why he is banned,?
not knowing what kind of kichen applances,it is hard to say if it is worth your while.
as for tax,you report your commission,this is how we handle it in USA although the sales is much larger, you just need to keep good records.

agent006140 10-04-2021 05:18 PM

I have seen Ebay sellers who list Middle Eastern carpets,African masks and have them shipped from Turkey and Africa .

mgssd 10-04-2021 06:53 PM

Yes, there will need to be a level of trust on both sides of a partnership like this

From my side though I'm able to show my previous eBay accounts and their feedback as well as getting a vouch from an established member here that I've been doing business with for a long time.

I'd be happy to start slow or coast at whatever speed my partner is comfortable with

Bigblackdog 10-05-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1171758)
such a model can only work if merch is shipped to the seller so that the seller control the delivery process. this way they can pay out faster and have less risks

and all this can be done as purchase and resale with invoices etc.

but having the items delivered by someone else somehwere is an issue as the risks are high for the ebay account owner

That's the only way to safely do it

I have been operating an account on this basis for some time now with a Chinese manufacturer

The account holder must hold all the reins - dropshipping from another country can never be a long term business prospect whereas what you have described is

The supplier needs to take the risks I'm afraid.

I get asked about this 4 or 5 times a year but when I explain how it works most back off

rsot 10-05-2021 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1171780)

I get asked about this 4 or 5 times a year but when I explain how it works most back off

Yes the risk on the supplier of having goods sent out preemptively - solid way to operate though

mgssd 07-04-2023 03:23 PM

Bumping this topic again

I believe there should be a partnership section where buyers can connect with sellers and offer wares for them to sell.

Of course, there are risks but the same could be said about the marketplace section as well. Find ways to mitigate the risks and proceed cautiously.