A few changes... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Have a suggestion or comment for the forum? Post away...

Old 02-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%

Some might want to shoot me for this but I reckon it should work as follows :

New members Join up and get 5 - 10 Free posts, They get to look around the basic threads, Ask a few Questions, see what its all about in general etc (just so they get the picture) then after that they are prompted to Suscribe and Pay the Fee for Access to the forum & Stealth or unabled to access the forum.

Reason I say this is because Everyone (except for the Spys) come here for the same reason. We all Know the people who have never been back on Ebay after they got Banned because of the reason being they never knew it was possible then its UNTIL they hit this site or hear about it.

Majority of 1st time Ebayers who get banned think its simple to just open up a new account and their off selling again, I did that yrs ago the first time I got suspended, You waste alot of Valuable info you could have put into Good Use by getting detailed advice from places like here and stealth, built up of many many Trial and error physical hrs and headaches!!

All the time & Work that has gone into this forum (& stealth) by the Admins must have been a right pain in the *** setting it all up and maintaining etc and for some of the info available to the free loaders is quite Large in my opinion.

So it all balls down, If you want to get back to your trading on ebay and get yourself sorted with Paypal, Pay for the services as its well worth it in the long run or figure it out yourself and take the chance of failure.

Just my 2pence worth.

(..for those who are going to shoot then maybe a warning shot first...?:D)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Aspkin, Can we be logged in for a longer periods. I don't like to sign in over and over again. I think a can vouch for other members as well who frequent this forum.

BooMer
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

since gettting my new pc, i have never had to sign in since the first time, that might be a problem with your browser
Old 04-08-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMer View Post
Aspkin, Can we be logged in for a longer periods. I don't like to sign in over and over again. I think a can vouch for other members as well who frequent this forum.

BooMer

Did you send me a PM about this earlier? Someone sent me a PM, I get so many pms a day I don't know who sends me what.

But there have been problems with the forum signing people out if you access the forum without www in front of it.

Example aspkin.com/forums will get you logged out apparently, but if you access the forum by www.aspkin.com/forums you'll be fine.

I'm not sure why it's doing that, I'll try and figure it out.
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

No I didn't PM you. This is the first time I am talking about this issue.
Here is my problem to help you trouble-shoot the situation.
I use Fire Fox 2.0.0.16 and have this forum bookmarked as http://www.aspkin.com/forums/
I have the forum opened in a separate tab when I am on other websites and I will get logged out about 15 to 20 minutes of NON-Activity.

Let me know if you need further details.

BooMer
Old 04-08-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Hmm, any one else have this problem?

I know the Chat Box cuts off after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Did this just start recently BooMer?
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I use Firefox 3.0.8 with the same bookmark. Much the same happens to me. To elaborate, if I am signed on and fully inactive, then I get signed out. However, if I post a reply or send a pm I stay signed in, in other words if I am active, I stay on line

We cross-posted. No this have been going on for a long time. It also occurs with IE.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-08-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Did this just start recently BooMer?
No this has been happening ever since I joined the forum. I just dealt with it. I get upset sometimes when I am replying to a post and it takes more than 15 minutes to respond and when I click that submit button it tells me I have to log in and sometimes I lose the info I just typed. I now Copy and Paste my reply before I hit the submit button. I have my Login Name and password stored in Fire Fox so re-logging in isn't that bad.

BooMer

Last edited by BooMer; 04-08-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^BooMer, are you my twin? That happens to me as well
Old 04-08-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Come on people, let me know when there are issues like this, I can usually fix it. I never have this issue.

Let me see what I can do.
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
^^^BooMer, are you my twin? That happens to me as well
GreenBean I just read your Mind and posted what you was thinking.
Old 04-08-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Okay, so you guys are saying. Whenever you visit the forum for the day or whatever, you must login? You're not automatically logged in?

I have settings to set users to inactive after 15 minutes, but it shouldn't log you out. There should be cookies on your browser that keep you logged in. You don't auto delete cookies do you?
Old 04-08-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

My browser never logs me out, but my iPhone used to log me out every ten minutes, until I searched on google and found I had to change something in the command prompt of my iPhone, so it wasn't the forum doing it to me.
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
GreenBean I just read your Mind and posted what you was thinking.
You are brave to venture there

aspkin: I do not auto-delete cookies....I think
Old 04-08-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Firefox >> Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Make sure 'Always clear my private data when I close Firefox' is unchecked
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Yes I set my cookies to delete after I close Fire Fox for Ebay and other purposes. I didn't think it will interfere with the forum.
Old 04-08-2009

Longevity: 91%

I had the same problem (had to sign in typing ID and psw) until I decided I should ask Aspkin to let me in the forums I didn't have access to. I just sent him an email and explained I bought the book first while back, and found the forum second. I couldn't find my original book purchase code, but Aspkin had it and it was all of a sudden grrrrreat to not be getting the message "Only for subscribed members."

Well, Aspkin, I don't know what you did on your end, but ever since than I am signed in non-stop..and I am not doing anything differently....or, wait, around that time I also installed Flock browser and I have been using it most of the time. (Great browser BTW)

So, my signing in issue was resolved by either Aspkin doing something on his end when he converted me into subscribed member, or it has to do something with using Flock browser. And, yes, it was little annoying signing in every 10-15 minutes, but I too just dealt with it because I thought it was the way it was supposed to be..
Old 04-08-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Boomer, why do you delete your cookies? That raises flags on ebay, it is a lot better to use separate user accounts.
Old 04-08-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes I set my cookies to delete after I close Fire Fox for Ebay and other purposes. I didn't think it will interfere with the forum.

Ah, but it will. Those cookies keep you logged into the forum when you close your browser and go inactive. Try and add an exception for the site, and that should fix things.
Old 04-08-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I use Firefox 3.0.8 with the same bookmark. Much the same happens to me. To elaborate, if I am signed on and fully inactive, then I get signed out. However, if I post a reply or send a pm I stay signed in, in other words if I am active, I stay on line

We cross-posted. No this have been going on for a long time. It also occurs with IE.
That's Aspkin rewarding you for doing such a good job!
Old 04-08-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
I had the same problem (had to sign in typing ID and psw) until I decided I should ask Aspkin to let me in the forums I didn't have access to. I just sent him an email and explained I bought the book first while back, and found the forum second. I couldn't find my original book purchase code, but Aspkin had it and it was all of a sudden grrrrreat to not be getting the message "Only for subscribed members."

Well, Aspkin, I don't know what you did on your end, but ever since than I am signed in non-stop..and I am not doing anything differently....or, wait, around that time I also installed Flock browser and I have been using it most of the time. (Great browser BTW)

So, my signing in issue was resolved by either Aspkin doing something on his end when he converted me into subscribed member, or it has to do something with using Flock browser. And, yes, it was little annoying signing in every 10-15 minutes, but I too just dealt with it because I thought it was the way it was supposed to be..

Do you still have the problem? Or is everything fine now?
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Way ahead of ya. I already added this forum as a exception. I will let you know if I still have problems in 20 minutes.