eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Money Chat (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-money-chat/)
-   -   Affiliate Marketing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-money-chat/142115-affiliate-marketing.html)

Rhonda 02-18-2021 06:32 AM

Affiliate Marketing

Does anyone have success with it? What is your advice for people who are just starting out? When should you expect your 1st sale?

Pandoras_box 02-18-2021 11:14 AM

Re: Affiliate Marketing

I did affiliate marketing before I got into eBay. I was really active on warriorforum, etc.

It is still a gold mine for some folks as it was for me back then. But now I made the switch to eBay, I would not consider affiliate marketing. There is no certainty or security to it, and yet so much work to do.
Be ready to spam or spend a lot of money or learn ever-changing SEO.

affiliate marketing still makes loads of ££ for some, but this business model is certainly not for me.

Rhonda 02-19-2021 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1142411)
I did affiliate marketing before I got into eBay. I was really active on warriorforum, etc.

It is still a gold mine for some folks as it was for me back then. But now I made the switch to eBay, I would not consider affiliate marketing. There is no certainty or security to it, and yet so much work to do.
Be ready to spam or spend a lot of money or learn ever-changing SEO.

affiliate marketing still makes loads of ££ for some, but this business model is certainly not for me.

What is the uncertainty? I'm getting the idea that it is passive income and you can maintain a cashflow by the traffic you have built from the past. In terms of insecurity, do you mean by the platform can terminate your account anytime?

Pandoras_box 02-21-2021 09:17 AM

Nothing is certain with affiliate marketing. Almost everything associated with this model is risky. Products or services could disappear, similar products could enter the market and change the dynamics; messing up all your hard work. Marketing techniques are in constant peril: e-mail open rates are dipping. Websites you advertise on are at the mercy of the next google update; otherwise - you're a sitting duck to whatever unfavorable changes such websites implement.

With affiliate marketing, your finger is in the pie all the time and you really don't know what's going to happen in the next month.

With eBay, Amazon and your own website, I only need to spend three months of the year (Aug, Sep & October) for example in research, and manufacturing. These products would be ready for the market by the beginning of the following year.

At this point, you we ship out, attend to customers and collect our proceeds. This process does not require us to constantly brain-storm as I did when I was an affiliate marketer.

Affiliate marketing is probably a good idea to some other folks; but certainly not me.

If I were so enchanted to the idea of getting rich while making a fortune for others; I'd go back to SEO. You can net £10,000 to £15,000 PCM for less work and 100% security.

Ebay.slayer 02-21-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1142829)
Nothing is certain with affiliate marketing. Almost everything associated with this model is risky. Products or services could disappear, similar products could enter the market and change the dynamics; messing up all your hard work. Marketing techniques are in constant peril: e-mail open rates are dipping. Websites you advertise on are at the mercy of the next google update; otherwise - you're a sitting duck to whatever unfavorable changes such websites implement.

With affiliate marketing, your finger is in the pie all the time and you really don't know what's going to happen in the next month.

With eBay, Amazon and your own website, I only need to spend three months of the year (Aug, Sep & October) for example in research, and manufacturing. These products would be ready for the market by the beginning of the following year.

At this point, you we ship out, attend to customers and collect our proceeds. This process does not require us to constantly brain-storm as I did when I was an affiliate marketer.

Affiliate marketing is probably a good idea to some other folks; but certainly not me.

If I were so enchanted to the idea of getting rich while making a fortune for others; I'd go back to SEO. You can net £10,000 to £15,000 PCM for less work and 100% security.

Well said, It's like pushing water up a hill, I did it a bit, but more reading and reading....., just be aware of Tai Lopez crew, they will sell you the dream and return nothing. However that being said I will be launching my own Network soon, so I hook you up.

DENDEN76 02-21-2021 06:15 PM

Have you seen redbubble.com? It's like a hybrid POD/affiliate program

You buy those pattern design packs upload like 3000 designs then wait for free cash flow

aspkin 02-23-2021 08:30 PM

Affiliate marketing was one of the first things I did to make money online. I did pretty well with it for awhile but it's a grind. And as Pandoras mentioned if you rely on Google to get you your referrals you're going to have a bad time because Google changes too often.

Affiliate marketing is fine but I would consider it just as extra income.. it shouldn't be your main way of income.

Rhonda 02-24-2021 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 1143222)
Affiliate marketing was one of the first things I did to make money online. I did pretty well with it for awhile but it's a grind. And as Pandoras mentioned if you rely on Google to get you your referrals you're going to have a bad time because Google changes too often.

Affiliate marketing is fine but I would consider it just as extra income.. it shouldn't be your main way of income.

I'm pretty convinced when aspkin comes in to answer my question. Thank you so much for your opinion.

DENDEN76 02-25-2021 04:17 AM

I disagree. Theres individuals making extremely large sums of passive income through affiliate marketing - it depends on your method and the scale.