eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   I need a web site to sell my items...!!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/112237-i-need-web-site-sell-my-items.html)

gines 11-14-2017 11:33 AM

I need a web site to sell my items...!!!

Help me please. Where can I start?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

JohnWall 11-14-2017 12:38 PM

Re: I need a web site to sell my items...!!!

Shopify is great and easy to use if you're a newbie. If an admin or mod replies to this thread saying it's ok I'll post a link to a 60 day free trial. It is probably an affiliate link, not mine though, so I doubt it will be allowed.

SaiJin 11-14-2017 12:47 PM

Hi, can you please share what you are trying to sell and if you are actually looking to not sell on eBay or Amazon?

Or do you mean you want to build your own website to sell your own items?
If it's the 2nd, I agree with Johnwall. There's more other options too, but yes, let us know

BaggaDonuts 11-16-2017 06:14 PM

Cheapest option is getting inexpensive hosting, Siteground is good and reliable. I would stay away from HostGator and GoDaddy hosting. From there, install woocommerce and the free 'storefront' theme. Then add your product detail/pics,etc. Woocommerce is free and has basic usability, addons are similarly priced to Shopify addons ($60-100/yr).

If you need something that can handle more traffic with no problem and you know you are going to be doing good sales from the outset, go with Shopify. Know that their payment system is ran through Stripe, and you'll need to adhere to Stripe's TOU as far as not being a prohibited business.

ebaystealth1974 11-16-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts (Post 885009)
I would stay away from HostGator and GoDaddy hosting.

Care to elaborate on that?

bjc104 12-14-2017 04:08 PM

I use Volusion for my ecommerce site. I also put my contact and website info in every package in the form of a certificate for Restaurant discounts, free hotel nights, etc., so that they don't throw it away. It's a win win. I try to use my ebay stealth accounts to get one or two sales then try to get them to my own site. It works!

gines 12-15-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjc104 (Post 890167)
I use Volusion for my ecommerce site. I also put my contact and website info in every package in the form of a certificate for Restaurant discounts, free hotel nights, etc., so that they don't throw it away. It's a win win. I try to use my ebay stealth accounts to get one or two sales then try to get them to my own site. It works!

Thank you very much. I will try with Volusion [emoji851]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

dachilla 12-15-2017 10:06 AM

I use zen.cart its pretty easy to operate and open source. It has a huge community and the forum on zen cart is even bigger than this one. Easy to get help if oyu are stuck.

For hosting I have good experiences with Hostgator btw. Use them for about 8 years without problems. Godaddy sux.

imo volusion and shopify are rip-off

bjc104 12-15-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachilla (Post 890262)
I use zen.cart its pretty easy to operate and open source. It has a huge community and the forum on zen cart is even bigger than this one. Easy to get help if oyu are stuck.

For hosting I have good experiences with Hostgator btw. Use them for about 8 years without problems. Godaddy sux.

imo volusion and shopify are rip-off

I have had used Volusion for years, awesome company and customer service. I guess we've all had different experiences. I feel that Go Daddy is not user friendly but some people love it. I don't use Shopify so don't have an opinion, but any site that can woo the customer to your own website after that first or second ebay sale is money in your pocket, no matter how you cut it. I also use a good emailing program and use the paypal emails to contact them from another site and they don't know that it's me from ebay. I then give them a free gift that is customized with my real website information. Stealth is so awesome to build your real business!

newjerseymax 12-15-2017 02:59 PM

I use Bonanza for my website. I like that I can import inventory into my Bonanza Store from eb and it is linked with Webstore so I can manage inventory for both at same time. If someone buys from webstore or vice versa it will lower inventory on both.

They really have some good tools for advertising if used properly.

Tedd 01-15-2018 10:05 AM

And you don't know? Audit your site to start and then will be your plan of action

ssunes 01-15-2018 11:05 AM

on ioffer site have good customer,