google adsense - clickbank or Amazon? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 06-13-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default google adsense - clickbank or Amazon?

Hi
As I came into difficulty accepting payments on my site I thought I would try out google adsense. I placed 2 skyscraper content adds on my site and the income looks good.

The first day I earned about $3 the next days was $9 and the 3rd about $2.5. I didnt realize adsense worked fairly well to bring in the extra pennies - especially from sites are doing more or less nothing for you in regards to income.

I have since been looking at a few alternative companies and have come across clickbank and amazon. However im not sure how they compare to G adsense.

Along my searches I also came across many articles on how to make a living of adsense. Some of the articles were very inspirational and I have set out to work on a new domain just for advertising.

I chose a neiche that would pay high cpc with many searches. I have outsourced many articles to be used for the site and advertising. I will build the site for customers to come and get free information from and will use adsence or other advertising companies to bring in the pennies and hopefully more. I will build backlinks to the domain and see how high I can take it up the serps.

I wanted a little advise on which companies would work best for advertising.

My new domain is a blog built of wordpress. Ive never used wordpress before but many good comments about it so have decided to give it a try. So far I have installed the all in one seo pack and wordpress stats. I also chose a free template to work with.

I noticed many great plugins and much information on the net for wordpress and think it will work a treat for what I have in mind.

I would really appreciate some information on what adds fellow members use on their sites and what works best for them.

I am working towards a goal of $50 a day in revenue from the adds. To do this I will need to keep uploading new contents to the site and keep working on offsite seo. I will keep you guys up to date with my achievements.

Please note that this is totally experimental and have never done anything like this before. I noticed many people are doing this and believe I can do the same so am giving it a try. whether I succeed or fail in my goal it will be a great experience. At present I have outsourced 100 articles at $3 each on the subject of hair loss and weight loss. I bought myself a .info domain for .80p and I already have a host server to host my site on.

The time that I will be spending on the site will be used to add the articles which I have outsourced and to work on backlinking. I will not spend more then 1 hour a day on this. Lets see what happens
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Be careful with google - Treat them nice and they will take care of you. They dont want to see sites that look like it was made only for adsense - Keep it real.
Old 06-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Your sites have to get approved by google before they start advertising.
Old 06-13-2009
Threadstarter  

hi
Thanks for your replies guys. I did have a few questions about adsense. I already use them on one of my sites and got approved. In the back end it talks about using adsense for parked domains however there is no mention about using them for another domain which is functional and getting visitors.

How would i go about adding adsense to another domain? I know that they want adsense holders to have one adsense account only unless they have authorisation so this would mean i need to use my current adsense account.

The thing that bugs me is the terms and conditions google wants you to have on your site and to mention the cookies that they use. Does this mean that its required to have the same terms and conditions on my blog?

Can anyone recommend how I should notify adsense about running adds on my blog. I havnt added any adsense to my blog as of yet as I need to create more pages and add contents before I do this - however I didnt plan to have a terms and conditions page on the blog- this can however be changed.

any advise would be great and would certainly help me towards achieving my goal

thanks
Old 06-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I suggest having a terms and conditions section on just about every site. It makes it more professional looking also. Aspkin's blog is a great example.
Old 06-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Hey there Gremlin, sorry to hear about merchant acct. situation.

I have tried all 3 Adsense, Clickbank and Amazon assoc.

Clickbank and Amazon will pay but you need a mountain of targeted traffic.

Adsense is okay. Forget the skyscraper blocks,tried them and I found what works best for my stuff via trial and error.

Adsense allows 3 blocks.

Put all 3 block in the body of your page, not on the sidebar.

1st block should a be the thin line of links, like on this page

Free Posters, Get Free Concert Posters Here

2nd and 3rd blocks should just be tiny single ad units placed

inside of your body text, preferably above or below an image.

Those will get the get the best click thrus.

make sure you put a visible line box around the 2nd and 3rd ad units so you don't violate their tos.

Another adsense option is to do a Google knol on a high value CPC, you will get the adsense $ from that too. Like with squidoo, but I don't have experince with that.

Also check out Comission Junction, for your stuff they have a ton of programs that may pay better in the end than adsense.

Cheers!
Old 06-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your post cynic - will certainly replace the skyscrapers and give them a shot.

I know your familiar with blogging and wordpress so would like to ask you a question - I stumbled upon a site today selling auto blogging software which links to your clickbank account and runs of autopilot.

I wasnt sure about duplicate contents and how it would work - the software plugin is for wordpress and looks like it could be a great plugin- its $27 and wanted your advise on it.

Here is the link for the site

Instant Affiliate Feeds | AutoBlogging Taken to the Next Level

Dont worry its no affiliate link
Old 06-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Looks good.

It says takes the rss feed and translates it into pages with your affiliate ID in the links.

There are several services that promise something similar from Datafeedr to Bans.

I have never gotten around to using one so I couldn't give an informed opinion.

Although I do know of someone who was an Amazon affilliate, He populated his pages with the amazon feed (with his ID in the link of course) and then he submitted those many thousands of pages to Google base. The guy made a killing for about a month before Google base pulled his account.

(against their TOS to aggregate, you have to be the actual seller)
- But what with drop shipping etc.. where is that line?