eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Who uses Shopify? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/119576-who-uses-shopify.html)

aspkin 08-21-2018 07:58 PM

Who uses Shopify?

I'm curious to see if we have any forum members using Shopify for eCommerce?

It's not like the big marketplaces but it's an easy store to create to sell your items. However unlike the other marketplaces, you do your own marketing.

Anyone with Shopify?

Shassar 08-21-2018 09:01 PM

Re: Who uses Shopify?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 938532)
I'm curious to see if we have any forum members using Shopify for eCommerce?

It's not like the big marketplaces but it's an easy store to create to sell your items. However unlike the other marketplaces, you do your own marketing.

Anyone with Shopify?

I used to have a shopify store but my product is hard to market on my own because advertising is banned by all the platforms Google ads, Facebook, etc but the products are allowed on ebay, Etsy, and I can get some sales amazon although they eventually take it down. I switched over to a WordPress site with HostGator just because it's cheaper and the only traffic I get is if I send a little card when I ship out a marketplace order so it's not really worth it to have a shopify store. I see some people get away with fb ads though so I guess I need to figure out how they are doing it :/

aspkin 08-22-2018 05:32 PM

Nobody uses Shopify? Good to know. :)

spindoctor 08-22-2018 06:14 PM

It’s crap!... there is far better ones.

rsot 08-22-2018 07:29 PM

Got confused with Spotify...

unkown5454 08-23-2018 02:14 AM

it's easy to setup a store, but need to do all your own marketing of course. they allow a number of different payment processors including crypto which is nice.

but i mentioned before i have a similar problem to Shassar with google shopping and bing. except in my case i have many competitors using stores like Shopify and submitting to google and bing without any problems. still dont know whats wrong.

Raykov 08-23-2018 04:13 AM

I used to have it but it was s...t. if you are looking for another selling platform I have found ioffer for much more easier :)

Ticklebelly 08-23-2018 04:40 AM

I use Shopify, have done for 2-3 years now in a very competitive niche. I only survive as i manufacture the products. Sales conversion rte is higher than eBay but traffic is harder to come by.

@NasterXchange 08-23-2018 08:26 AM

I'm also interested to learn more about Shopify. How different is it from Ebay or Amazon for example?

Play 08-23-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @MasterNaster (Post 938870)
I'm also interested to learn more about Shopify. How different is it from Ebay or Amazon for example?

It's basically your own eBay / Amazon store.

Pros - You don't have to worry about getting suspended / limited / sales capped etc.

Cons - You have to get your (site) name out there through marketing, ads etc.

Depending on your niche, it could work well hand in hand with your eBay and Amazon stores.

Example, say you sell toiletries. You sell it on eBay / Amazon. Include your website/business card in the package. Tell customers they'll save 10% if they order via your website direct next time. Get recurring sales. etc.... that way you cut eBay/Amazon out of the equation.

Play 08-23-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raykov (Post 938822)
I used to have it but it was s...t. if you are looking for another selling platform I have found ioffer for much more easier :)

Comes down to niche... iOffer is renowned for things Shopify/Amazon/eBay aren't... and vice versa ;)

dallis 08-23-2018 01:40 PM

I have a shopify store, works fine for me.

aspkin 08-23-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticklebelly (Post 938828)
I use Shopify, have done for 2-3 years now in a very competitive niche. I only survive as i manufacture the products. Sales conversion rte is higher than eBay but traffic is harder to come by.

Exactly! If you know how to do the marketing, you can crush it with shopify. I'm surprised more people from here aren't utilizing it. Sure it's more work but one winning ad campaign is all you need.

And what I mean is shopify + Facebook ads.

aspkin 08-23-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 938951)
I have a shopify store, works fine for me.

I'd love to start a section on Shopify here in the forum. Any interest?

Shassar 08-23-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 939025)
I'd love to start a section on Shopify here in the forum. Any interest?

Why the particular interest in Shopify? It would be the same if you had your own website on any other platform + fb ads. No?

aspkin 08-23-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shassar (Post 939027)
Why the particular interest in Shopify? It would be the same if you had your own website on any other platform + fb ads. No?

The thing is Shopify is huge right now! Sure anyone can create their own website and do the same thing but the problem is people are lazy and Shopify makes it super easy to setup a store quickly and connect with all sorts of 3rd parties to make it come alive.. so it wins over manual store/website.

Shopify > Manual Website Store

I want to cover other platforms other than the big marketplaces because eCommerce is basically what this forum is about. Those with Shopify stores use PayPal.. and guess what PayPal does from time to time? Limit accounts.

I helped a friend doing 50k in sales via Shopify setup a new PayPal account not to long ago. If I wasn't there to help him he may not have his store now. He wasn't aware of stealth until I told him about it. Covering Shopify would bring those people to the forum.

Shassar 08-23-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 939030)
The thing is Shopify is huge right now! Sure anyone can create their own website and do the same thing but the problem is people are lazy and Shopify makes it super easy to setup a store quickly and connect with all sorts of 3rd parties to make it come alive.. so it wins over manual store/website.

I want to cover other platforms other than the big marketplaces because eCommerce is basically what this forum is about. Those with Shopify stores use PayPal.. and guess what PayPal does from time to time? Limit accounts.

I helped a friend doing 50k in sales via Shopify setup a new PayPal account not to long ago. If I wasn't there to help him he may not have his store now. He wasn't aware of stealth until I told him about it. Covering Shopify would bring those people to the forum.

It's funny you mention that because I actually posted a while ago on here when I wanted to start my site for advice on paypal linking on Shopify vs other platforms and was advised by other members that if your PayPal gets limited and it's connected to Shopify I would not be able to add another one without linking. They said use woocommerce or zencart or anything where you control the backend so I wouldn't have to change the domain. I guess if you did it for your friend tho it's possible so maybe we do need that forum.

dallis 08-23-2018 08:07 PM

I'd be good with a shopify forum. If anyone would post to it. :)

unkown5454 08-24-2018 03:50 AM

then lets hope it ends up better than the et/sy section.

@NasterXchange 08-24-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 939030)

great idea! Could be a new exploration curve.

oompaloompa 08-24-2018 11:06 AM

I use shopify, and if I didnt have a tech person to deal with the bugs, I would not have got off the ground or continued. Hitting the report button for a non-tech person is not great as it throws up more questions than answers from shopify support. So, yes I think a shopify section could draw in people to the forum, not sure how many but...

Paypal plus a card processor are integrated on mine.

Freakzilla 09-05-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 938896)
It's basically your own eBay / Amazon store.

Pros - You don't have to worry about getting suspended / limited / sales capped etc.

Cons - You have to get your (site) name out there through marketing, ads etc.

Depending on your niche, it could work well hand in hand with your eBay and Amazon stores.

Example, say you sell toiletries. You sell it on eBay / Amazon. Include your website/business card in the package. Tell customers they'll save 10% if they order via your website direct next time. Get recurring sales. etc.... that way you cut eBay/Amazon out of the equation.

You have to be careful doing this on Amazon. It's against rules, I've seen people suspended for this.