eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   E-commerce carts - Volusion equivalents? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/12419-e-commerce-carts-volusion-equivalents.html)

TermedPS 08-02-2009 10:00 AM

E-commerce carts - Volusion equivalents?

Hi folks, need your opinions if you have a min...

I've used Volusion before (about 3-4 years ago) and was very satisfied with the overall package.
For someone who does not know much about programming nor website design, I found it to be rather easy to use.
I realize Volusion is expensive relative to other solutions.
However, I do not have the time to outsource at this time and I am not a programmer.
I WAS able to launch the Volusion website on my own though.
Their interface and system is very dummy-friendly.

Question:
Is there another similar type of product (very user friendly) out there in 2009?
I'm in shopping mode for my next e-comm website.
This will be for pro sports officially licensed goods.
I did search of course and I keep seeing the same 'ol names pop up.
3d cart, os-commerce, etc...

Thanks as always for any input. :thumb:

Termed

The_Cynic 08-14-2009 03:28 AM

Good question.

For myself, I have been using a wordpress site and just pasting my cart options in with mercantec (Free cart).

---(not bad because it's simple and takes Paypal,Amazon payments and Google Checkout)

The problems,

---I want to add continuity (Monthly subscription), upsells and downsells to my checkout process.

NONE of the carts out there have this built in and allow you to just paste code into WP.

So if there are any ideas, please share.

WTHELL, how hard is it to code for this ?

---Without continuity, Upsells and downsells in your process you are in the dark ages marketing wise. (I know because I need a light!)

TermedPS 08-18-2009 07:06 PM

Hi Cynic, :yar:

I follow your posts, great info in them, thank you for sharing.

After some research, I may end up with Volusion again. I too require memberships/subcriptions and all that other good stuff you mentioned about up/down selling. Volusion offers those capabilities + more.

I will post if I find another alternative, but it looks like Volusion again for now.

Termed